60 minute anniversary special confirmed, anniversary plans revealed

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They aren't arguing about Doctor Who really, they are just having some bizarre public ego display (think big cars and penis envy) about who works in TV and how important they are. In reality it is just one of those power trips on a forum, like when people know spoilers. They lay the seed, say they can't talk about it, then sit back and enjoy people being overly creepily nice, in the hope of being thrown some scraps.

All I was doing was defending my profession against ridiculous unfounded allegations. I make no apologies for that at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FATCHOPS wrote: »
    I suspect some people are going to be completely appalled, disgusted, utterly appalled, outraged and appalled at your complete lack of respect for the individuals that sweat blood and tears to bring you happiness. They'll think you should show more respect, but hey ho.

I think the way some people talk about those who produce television we all enjoy is disgusting. Then they say: "Why do Moffat and the producers never listen to us fans???" Well, why do you think?!
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    sohoguy wrote: »
    I think the way some people talk about those who produce television we all enjoy is disgusting. Then they say: "Why do Moffat and the producers never listen to us fans???" Well, why do you think?!

Because they are completely appalled, disgusted, utterly appalled, outraged and appalled at their complete lack of respect for the individuals that sweat blood and tears to bring them happiness? They think they should show more respect?

;)
    Forum Member
    sohoguy - I get that you're annoyed that someone has been annoyed by a tv crew and vented it in this thread. But they didn't really say anything terribly awful or fantastically improbable. it may or may not be accurate, but nobody was named and it doesn't really matter - hence my pulling your leg about it just now. It's just not really very on topic for this thread. Which is supposed to be about the news of scheduled broadcasts revealed at the toy fair. I wish I hadn't asked object z for clarification now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I was doing was defending my profession against ridiculous unfounded allegations. I make no apologies for that at all.

To be fair, as a GP, I could say how I am fed up of unfounded allegations and ridiculous claims against every GP who reportedly acts in an inappropriate way. That happens a lot, and they may have the same job as me, and I may act nothing like them. But I cannot say all allegations are ridiculous. Sometimes, just sometimes, they are true.

Either way, I don't think anyone else here gives a toss and majority would just prefer you and Object Z to shut up, and take your 'I work in TV and know everything' argument back to your prams and let us get back to talking about Doctor Who.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, as a GP, I could say how I am fed up of unfounded allegations and ridiculous claims against every GP who reportedly acts in an inappropriate way. That happens a lot, and they may have the same job as me, and I may act nothing like them. But I cannot say all allegations are ridiculous. Sometimes, just sometimes, they are true.

Either way, I don't think anyone else here gives a toss and majority would just prefer you and Object Z to shut up, and take your 'I work in TV and know everything' argument back to your prams and let us get back to talking about Doctor Who.

Oh I see, you're one of those people who think they own the forum and speak on behalf of a 'majority'?

Well sorry to tell you that myself and Object Z will discuss, debate and argue anything we want to. That extends to me saying what I want about my profession and defending it when allegations are made that I frankly think are untrue.

If you don't like other people engaging in what was actually quite a brief exchange that is relevant to Doctor Who, then go and air your views on another forum. If I or others have engaged in something that isn't appropriate then it's for DS moderators to make that decision, not you in a bullying and frankly incredibly rude manner.

While many people may well feel that our discussion was irrelevant or uninteresting, I am sure that actually the majority on here would prefer to have the freedom to engage in discussions without people creating whole new discussions about their validity.

Are you planning to moderate everyone's posts to make sure they adhere to the rules you feel you have the right to impose?

Now perhaps you would stop throwing the toys out of your own pram and take the advice you have extended to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    sohoguy - I get that you're annoyed that someone has been annoyed by a tv crew and vented it in this thread. But they didn't really say anything terribly awful or fantastically improbable. it may or may not be accurate, but nobody was named and it doesn't really matter - hence my pulling your leg about it just now. It's just not really very on topic for this thread. Which is supposed to be about the news of scheduled broadcasts revealed at the toy fair. I wish I hadn't asked object z for clarification now.

It mattered to me. And to be fair, I wasn't the one who created the posts about the subject, I merely responded to them.

It seems to me that my brief exchange with Object Z about this has created more postings than the actual exchange itself.

With respect, if you feel that what we discussed was irrelevant then why spend more of this forum's time posting about it? You could just ignore it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I see, you're one of those people who think they own the forum and speak on behalf of a 'majority'?

Well sorry to tell you that myself and Object Z will discuss, debate and argue anything we want to. That extends to me saying what I want about my profession and defending it when allegations are made that I frankly think are untrue.

If you don't like other people engaging in what was actually quite a brief exchange that is relevant to Doctor Who, then go and air your views on another forum. If I or others have engaged in something that isn't appropriate then it's for DS moderators to make that decision, not you in a bullying and frankly incredibly rude manner.

While many people may well feel that our discussion was irrelevant or uninteresting, I am sure that actually the majority on here would prefer to have the freedom to engage in discussions without people creating whole new discussions about their validity.

Are you planning to moderate everyone's posts to make sure they adhere to the rules you feel you have the right to impose?

Now perhaps you would stop throwing the toys out of your own pram and take the advice you have extended to me.

I don't really care that much, I am just amused by the pathetic exchanges between the two of you and how you feel you you can speak for your entire 'profession' in the same way you don't like me speaking for the 'majority' of the board.

Bullying? Really? I find that unlikely. Rude? Perhaps.

You really are an angry little person, aren't you? Funny times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really care that much, I am just amused by the pathetic exchanges between the two of you and how you feel you you can speak for your entire 'profession' in the same way you don't like me speaking for the 'majority' of the board.

Bullying? Really? I find that unlikely. Rude? Perhaps.

You really are an angry little person, aren't you? Funny times.

You've made your point.

Now leave people alone to do what they want in a space where they should always feel they can, and leave the censorship to those who run this forum, not those who think that what they want to see here should apply.

As for your rudeness and belittling comments, they bore me. I came on here to discuss Doctor Who and all that entails, not have to respond to people chosing to engage in personal insults and abuse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've made your point. Now leave people alone to do what they want in a space where they should always feel they can, and leave the censorship to those who run this forum, not those who think that what they want to see here should apply.

You could try doing the same. Your point has been made over and over again. The disgusting and awful lies that have been told about people in TV. Those filthy stories, you have put them all right and reassured us all of the true good nature of TV.

My point, and yours, are equally done. Unless you deserve the freedom to make your point and I don't? Just saying.

Now off to build snowmen. Have fun

As for your rudeness and belittling comments, they bore me. I came on here to discuss Doctor Who and all that entails, not have to respond to people chosing to engage in personal insults and abuse.

And yet, as the last few pages show, you gave out more abuse and anger than anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could try doing the same. Your point has been made over and over again. The disgusting and awful lies that have been told about people in TV. Those filthy stories, you have put them all right and reassured us all of the true good nature of TV.

My point, and yours, are equally done. Unless you deserve the freedom to make your point and I don't? Just saying.

Thank God for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And yet, as the last few pages show, you gave out more abuse and anger than anyone.

Then report me. So bored of this. You wonder why I'm getting angry when I'm being harassed like this? Go report me and go and build your snowman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:
    Then report me. So bored of this. You wonder why I'm getting angry when I'm being harassed like this? Go report me and go and build your snowman

If you are so bored, then stop replying. I am not harassing you. Everyone who has posted to you has been lashed out at, because they didn't agree 100% with you.

Stop being so aggressive. If you don't like me, put me on ignore. It is really simple.

Genuinely no hard feelings or reason to be angry from me. I just found the exchange amusing between you and object z.

Chill out a bit. It is not the end of the world.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:

If you are so bored, then stop replying. I am not harassing you. Everyone who has posted to you has been lashed out at, because they didn't agree 100% with you.

Stop being so aggressive. If you don't like me, put me on ignore. It is really simple.

Genuinely no hard feelings or reason to be angry from me. I just found the exchange amusing between you and object z.

Chill out a bit. It is not the end of the world.

Isn't this becoming the sort of thing you mentioned earlier. I think you're being a little bit unfair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    Isn't this becoming the sort of thing you mentioned earlier. I think you're being a little bit unfair.

Not really.

Read the last few pages, they have lashed out at everyone. Funny when they get some back they get defensive and it becomes personal or unfair.

But whatever you think, I still found it more funny than serious.

My opinion on TV crews is the law etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really.

Read the last few pages, they have lashed out at everyone. Funny when they get some back they get defensive and it becomes personal or unfair.

But whatever you think, I still found it more funny than serious.

My opinion on TV crews is the law etc.

No we were lashing out at each other. Not you. You then picked on me and told me to "shut up" and that "nobody gives a toss" about what I say. Now I'm being accused of being angry because I'm defending myself.

Go take it out on the snowman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »

Thank you. If I've lashed out at anyone and they feel it's been unfair then I'd be more than happy to apologise. Seems to be that I've come into a forum, passionately debated something with someone I strongly disagreed with, and then been harassed by someone unconnected to it.

Don't think I'll bother with this anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No we were lashing out at each other. Not you. You then picked on me and told me to "shut up" and that "nobody gives a toss" about what I say. Now I'm being accused of being angry because I'm defending myself.

Go take it out on the snowman

No, I never. I said nobody gives a toss about the argument or the situation. Same as nobody really gives a toss about this one.

Love and hugs x
    Forum Member
    So - any more news about the 60 minute anniversary special and the possibility that it will actually turn out to be more than that?

I must say that the recent tweet from Ed Russell hinting that there is more is intriguing. Surely they wouldn't still be getting hopes up unless they had a fair idea they'd be delivering? I'm not expecting the equivalent of a fourteen episode series this year, but that tweet must surely be about something? Or maybe not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    So - any more news about the 60 minute anniversary special and the possibility that it will actually turn out to be more than that?

I must say that the recent tweet from Ed Russell hinting that there is more is intriguing. Surely they wouldn't still be getting hopes up unless they had a fair idea they'd be delivering? I'm not expecting the equivalent of a fourteen episode series this year, but that tweet must surely be about something? Or maybe not.

I don't know. They seem to enjoy raising hopes and then not delivering. Very strange.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've made your point.

Now leave people alone to do what they want in a space where they should always feel they can, and leave the censorship to those who run this forum, not those who think that what they want to see here should apply.

Well do us all a favour and do that then:yawn:
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bgtension wrote: »

But it isn't just sohoguy who is doing the arguing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bgtension wrote: »

Right, forget it then. I won't bother with this Forum anymore. Clearly it's for a clique
  • FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank God for that.

This is quite a controversial statement. It suggests that MeddlingMonk is under the control of what might or might not be a mythical creature and cannot decide to build snowmen using his own free will.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    Right, forget it then. I won't bother with this Forum anymore. Clearly it's for a clique

A clique? I don't think so.

To be honest sohoguy I don't think that I have ever agreed with anything that you've said but I appreciate the passion with which you defend your views / profession :)