Songs of Praise next week at 12.25

2»

Comments

• Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Does it matter? It will go up on IPlayer so any one can watch it at its normal time, I have seen it at 11 am before.

Anyone with access to iplayer that is. Don't forget a lot of churchgoers, the type of people who might watch Songs Of Praise, tend to be older people who might not have a pc or smart tv.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Anyone with access to iplayer that is. Don't forget a lot of churchgoers, the type of people who might watch Songs Of Praise, tend to be older people who might not have a pc or smart tv.

That's actually a very big assumption based on peoples perceived stereo typing.
    Some might be like you say but a lot of people now have the internet, so who is to say that plenty of people who watch it do have internet? Granted you could never say most one way or another as we simply don't know!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The amount of bile spewed at this little show that still brings pleasure to people after many years on air disgusts me. If you don't like religion, fair enough. Vote with the remote control and that will be one less victory in the ratings war. People like my dear old gran, who is in her 90s, really do enjoy Songs of Praise and why should they have something that gives them a lot of pleasure taken from them just because some bitter piece of work wants everything done their way?

I'm not religious myself but some of the attitude on here toward one of the more harmless and innocent programmes on the box is bloody disgusting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    The amount of bile spewed at this little show that still brings pleasure to people after many years on air disgusts me. If you don't like religion, fair enough. Vote with the remote control and that will be one less victory in the ratings war. People like my dear old gran, who is in her 90s, really do enjoy Songs of Praise and why should they have something that gives them a lot of pleasure taken from them just because some bitter piece of work wants everything done their way?

I'm not religious myself but some of the attitude on here toward one of the more harmless and innocent programmes on the box is bloody disgusting.

I do agree with you there is nothing wrong with songs of praise being on and on BBC 1 as well. Its only 1/2 an hour a week!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Its only 1/2 an hour a week!

Exactly! The fuss people make about it is absolutely crazy if only for that very reason.

And frankly, when I look at what else is on the box at various times - such as people taking drugs on live TV and progammes demonising the welfare state - if I had to choose I'd much rather watch people singing hymns than anything like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    Exactly! The fuss people make about it is absolutely crazy if only for that very reason.

And frankly, when I look at what else is on the box at various times - such as people taking drugs on live TV and progammes demonising the welfare state - if I had to choose I'd much rather watch people singing hymns than anything like that.

I agree with you I don't like anything that's demonizing the welfare state, its the best safety net we could ever hope for and some idiots want it taken away because about 5% or less of those claiming are abusing it!
    People singing hymns (and more contemporary Christian songs as they also show now) is much better!