Options

Ordinary Lies - BBC1, Tuesdays at 9pm

Comments

• Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretzel wrote: »
    Wasn't she in The Borrowers on TV some years ago? Looks like her, and if it's her I think she's Beverley Callard's (Coronation Street) daughter.

According to IMDB she was indeed in the Borrowers and Coronation St, but we never saw the Borrowers and we haven't watched Coronation St for many, many years. I suppose I must just have seen her in snatches of things and noted her prettiness.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I just found it completely boring. Possibly because the characters themselves were just uninteresting. I couldn't care what happens to any of them.

And why was the main character doing a Mark Benton impersonation for the whole programme?
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't bad but its no Clocking off!

The dealership seemed to have an unbalanced workforce - not enough "Overalls" and too many good looking young women!
  • Options
    Suzanne_EnnazusSuzanne_Ennazus Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Glad Michelle Keegan is still acting. Was worried she would become another talentless celeb like that Rosy in Coronation Street or the Beckham woman, and the trash that fill Daily Mail sidebar, making a living selling dunb stories to magazines, being called style icon as involves no more skill than wearing clothes despite really being less stylish than most other people, before their promoters suddenly make up another career for attention like business person for putting their name on perfume somebody else made, or fashion designer for getting somebody else to make clothes who has worked in and studied industry.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Was left feeling confused about her husband's phone being registered with her colleague, thinking next episode would give answer, but says next episode is about receptionists on holiday. Usual gutter press seems over excited about seeing Michelle Keagan in a bikini.

I bet each ep leads to more clues about the husband and then the final ep is the biggin'.
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    I don't think it was trying to be Clocking Off. It had a completely differnt tone which I appreciated - I'm not in the mood for heavy/worthy.

I dunno though pretending that your wife has died is pretty dark, and Clocking Off had as fair bit of humour.

I loved Clocking Off, one of my all time favourite dramas.

I thought this was quite good, well acted and intriguing enough to see what happens next and as others have said it's good to see a new contepmoary drama
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Michelle Keegan looks great in the trailer.

That's because the celeb industry has forced her in your face so often, where you can't read a real news story without half the page being taken up by her in a bikini, you have been brainwashed into thinking she's something extra ordinary, and end up caring more than what's really going on. It's called dumbing down of society.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bet each ep leads to more clues about the husband and then the final ep is the biggin'.

Yes maybe. That's what I really want to find out, so will have to watch 6 episodes until find out what happened to her husband.
  • Options
    Holte999Holte999 Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Have you every seen so many people working in a car sale depot ?
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Watched it - thought it was good. The creator is Sally Lindsay, who also came up with Scott & Bailey but couldn't take a lead role due to other commitments so ended up playing Rach's sister in the odd appearance - all this was on her appearance on J Ross on R2 this afternoon.

Good programme - enjoyable Tuesday night light drama.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it more than I thought I would - looking forward to next week's episode now.

Glad they're an hour long!
  • Options
    ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed that. Not the best storyline but the casting was good, and some of the individual plot strands and scenes were gripping. Rebecca Callard and Sally Lindsay were particularly great.

I hope it does well ratings wise.
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This may have been mentioned earlier in the thread, if so please ignore me, but I noticed the missing husband in the photograph appears to be Shaun Dooley of Broadchurch infamy. If so I guess he will be making an appearance sooner or later.
  • Options
    jaydogzjaydogz Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    What was the upbeat tune that played a few times through the ep?
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep I didn't know the actor's name but I said it was a bit of a give away that he'll turn up when we saw his pic as he's been in a lot of stuff.

Isn't he Ben Daniels? Bloody good actor.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really liked the set up. When I first heard about it, I thought it would be a small car place, not a huge dealership-type company.

Jason really impressed me. Jo Joyner said that she was surprised with how good an actor he is. Hopefully he'll do more roles in the future.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep I didn't know the actor's name but I said it was a bit of a give away that he'll turn up when we saw his pic as he's been in a lot of stuff.

Yeh I remember first seeing him in Eastenders as a vicar over 10 years ago, and I've seen him in various things over the years, but it seems as though in the past 2 years or so, he's been in some really high profile shows. He's a classic example of 'that guy' as not many know his name!

By the way, I assume that Happy Valley will start once OL finishes?
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaydogz wrote: »
    What was the upbeat tune that played a few times through the ep?

Reverend & The Makers, I think.
  • Options
    fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had a guy at work that convinced everyone his boyfriend died. He had been in charge of the Xmas club money and it was coming up time to pay out but no one wanted to approach him about it as he was stricken with grief. The office staff even gave him a lovely silver frame for a picture he kept of the boyfriend on his desk. It turned out he had spent all the Xmas money and the boyfriend wasn't even his boyfriend and was very much alive. Someone got suspicious of some of the death details and tracked the bloke down on Facebook, he was horrified to find out he was supposed to be dead.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the first episode was ok, I think next week's story looks a lot stronger and more interesting. tonight's episode didn't really grab me, I found it boring in some places but I'll give it another chance as I like the concept of this series, with everyone having different secrets and there being a new story each week.

Marty was an idiot, didn't like him at all or feel sorry for him...even when he did break down at the end to his wife over the phone, I found I didn't have any sympathy for him.

I was nervous for Marty and Sally Lindsay when they were talking under that car after she found out his secret. I thought something bad was going to happen, like Sally Lindsay was going to die with the car falling on top of her and so Marty would carry on getting away with his secret.

I'm happy with the ending, with everyone finding out. And look forward to seeing the repercussions of that.

Max Beesley is hot :)
  • Options
    jaydogzjaydogz Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    farmer bob wrote: »
    Reverend & The Makers, I think.

Thats the one, Champion of the World.
    Thank you farmer bob.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Was left feeling confused about her husband's phone being registered with her colleague, thinking next episode would give answer, but says next episode is about receptionists on holiday. Usual gutter press seems over excited about seeing Michelle Keagan in a bikini.

It wasn't his phone - it was a number that he'd been continuously calling in the run up to his disappearance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Ben Daniels was in Law and Order UK and that American political thing a few years ago. He's one actor where I can match the name to the face!

You're absolutely right! Can't think how I could have been so dumb! BE was also in that hairdressing drama with Sarah Parrish many years ago I think. Haven't seen him for quite a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Ben Daniels was in Law and Order UK and that American political thing a few years ago. He's one actor where I can match the name to the face!

You're absolutely right! Can't think how I could have been so dumb! BD was also in that hairdressing drama with Sarah Parrish many years ago I think. Haven't seen him for quite a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duplicate.