Sick and tired of the religious nonsense

hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'd say the same if it was a Catholic, Hindu, Jewish etc etc situation... but...

I'm heartily sick and tired of EastEnders' addiction to that mosque, and the whole Islam nonsense.

Religion just sucks the big one.

Comments

• wintermute101wintermute101 Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    careful... you want a fatwa on your head?
  • SarahJCTSarahJCT Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    hardylane wrote: »
    I'd say the same if it was a Catholic, Hindu, Jewish etc etc situation... but...

I'm heartily sick and tired of EastEnders' addiction to that mosque, and the whole Islam nonsense.

First 'religious' family on the square in how many years? Sorry it's too much for you. Funny how you haven't mentioned Dot or Lucas... Ah well... :rolleyes:
  • when0in0romewhen0in0rome Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Wow... one post and you offend most of the worlds population
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member

What about Dots constant bible referencing?
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    What about Dots constant bible referencing?

Yup, that too.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    typical it's ok for non religious people to have a go at religious people and religions

it's not necessarily that religion is the problem, it's the interpretation of it- I'm not that religious myself but I respect people's right to believe whatever their religion is

to be honest I didn't know much about islam untl the masoods moved in so it's quite good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    typical it's ok for non religious people to have a go at religious people and religions

Oh don't worry....

The religious attack us secularists all the time for having "no moral direction"... and all manner of terrible things.... like putting humanity over fairy stories and patriarchal control.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Wow... one post and you offend most of the worlds population

Lmao, I nearly spat my drink out then :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just a soap, and it makes for an interesting twist in the gay story line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh don't worry....

The religious attack us secularists all the time for having "no moral direction"... and all manner of terrible things.... like putting humanity over fairy stories and patriarchal control.

lol

well yes but the left wing can be as fundamental as the religious extremists

the operative word being extremists- i hardly think that dot and the masoods are fundamentalists but lucas definitely is lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol

well yes but the left wing can be as fundamental as the religious extremists

the operative word being extremists- i hardly think that dot and the masoods are fundamentalists but lucas definitely is lol

True, but there's always plenty emotional blackmail surrounding religion. Dot's been guilty of that.... the Masood's doubly so.
  • BaileyBigIdiotBaileyBigIdiot Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only seen the mosque twice in the show but you see a church in the show many more times in a year, EE try and portray a reflection of real life and to do that they have to incorporate certain things and religioun is one of those things, imo it's not being shoved in my face at all.
  • JustJanetnoJohnJustJanetnoJohn Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Wow, not nice, will remember you my son in my confessions this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    True, but there's always plenty emotional blackmail surrounding religion. Dot's been guilty of that.... the Masood's doubly so.

yes but there are moderate religious people out there who are comforted in times of need by their faith

dot was able to make billie feel less guilty about jack by her religion and it wasn't obnoxious bible bashing either

Plus ned flanders on the simpsons is a good neighbour to homer lol
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member

How offensive. Have some freaking respect :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only seen the mosque twice in the show but you see a church in the show many more times in a year, EE try and portray a reflection of real life and to do that they have to incorporate certain things and religioun is one of those things, imo it's not being shoved in my face at all.

Maybe it's just the twice I happened to have tuned into EastEnders then!...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How offensive. Have some freaking respect :mad:

Since when did the religious have the right not to be offended?

There's all too much of that going on.

I'd like to see more secular activity in soaps... characters who actively oppose religion.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member

Thankyou for your well-thought out argument.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes but there are moderate religious people out there who are comforted in times of need by their faith

dot was able to make billie feel less guilty about jack by her religion and it wasn't obnoxious bible bashing either

Plus ned flanders on the simpsons is a good neighbour to homer lol

It's a shame that the weak fall back on religion. You don't have to be religious to be a) a good neighbour, or b) support your friends.

In fact, religion usually just complicates things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    Thankyou for your well-thought out argument.

Gut reaction.

I've spent years putting my point of view across on this matter.
  • xAries_1990xxAries_1990x Posts: 2,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd like to see more secular activity in soaps... characters who actively oppose religion. [B/]

I agree with this point, they need more athiests in soaps. Religious characters don't bother me, I just wish there were some hard core athiests to balance it out a bit.
  • BaileyBigIdiotBaileyBigIdiot Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd like to see more secular activity in soaps... characters who actively oppose religion.

I am not religious at all, i dont believe in god but that's my view but i dont go around saying you can't believe in god because i dont like people dont come up to me in the street and say you must believe in god, EE shouldnt become a program that tries to bring up religious arguements as it would ruin everything, religion shouldnt be a storyline it should part of a storyline if needed and in the case of Christian it is needed.
  • when0in0romewhen0in0rome Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Jesus... it your sole purpose in life just to annoy people with your short sighted, hypocritial nonsense
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd like to see more secular activity in soaps... characters who actively oppose religion.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this point, they need more athiests in soaps. Religious characters don't bother me, I just wish they were some hard core athiests to balance it out a bit.

Yeah, maybe that's why it pushes my buttons.

There's plenty of religious "observation" in soaps... but never a properly expressed secular opposition on humanist grounds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus... it your sole purpose in life just to annoy people with your short sighted, hypocritial nonsense

I say that to Jesus every day too.
This discussion has been closed.