Options

Sky mobile launching end of October

2»

Comments

• Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    the-master wrote: »
    Free calls and texts for Sky TV customers is quite a good deal.
    But may leave you less barganing power when trying to get further TV discounts as you will lose your call and text access (for free at least) when you put your TV threat of cancellation in.

They're hardly for free when you compare to the prices of tariffs of other networks which have them included in the tariff as standard and with more Data.
  • Options
    johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very underwhelming TBH.

It would have been more attractive if streaming SkyGo didn't use your data allowance.
  • Options
    Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right now I could get an O2 sim deal with unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 20gb of data for only £20 a month. I am also underwhelmed by sky's offering.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Right now I could get an O2 sim deal with unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 20gb of data for only £20 a month. I am also underwhelmed by sky's offering.

I've just got my son 30GB, unlimteted texts, unlimited minutes for £20 with BT mobile (granted you need to be either a BT Broadband customer or live in a BT Broadband household otherwise it's £25)
    Also looked into my own BT mobile which was 20gb, unlimited mins,texts & wifi hotspots for £20 has now been reduced to £18.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a Sky landline and pay £8 per month for unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles.

We make at least an hour a day of calls.

For an extra £2 a month to get that in and out the house and data too, seems a good deal.

We only use sim only PAYG on Three and hardly use it, apart from Feel At Home add ons when we're in mainland Europe.