EE Autograph Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its a shame when actors leave and just ignore their mail, the actress who played Mercy seems to have done this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    To be fair the actress who played Mercy ignored her mail before she left too. It doesn't leaveyou with a very positive feeling about actors/actresses when they're like this.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JaCkT794 wrote: »
    who's her agent?

I personally dont know sorry - try spotlight or fanmail.biz - 1 of them might have it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair the actress who played Mercy ignored her mail before she left too. It doesn't leaveyou with a very positive feeling about actors/actresses when they're like this.

Yeah Bunmi Mojekwu is very difficult to get hold off - it's almost to the point where she doesn't sign fanmail whatsoever.

same as Charlie G Hawkins, last time he signed some fanmail Des O' Connor was still white and not orange.
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    Yeah Bunmi Mojekwu is very difficult to get hold off - it's almost to the point where she doesn't sign fanmail whatsoever.

same as Charlie G Hawkins, last time he signed some fanmail Des O' Connor was still white and not orange.

Lol luv ya des Oconnor joke lol Apparently Bunmi Mojekwu(Mercy Olubunmi) Does Sign For charity but not sure about Charlie g Hakwins (Darren Miller) Also Ellen Thomas (Grace Olubunmi AKA Mercys Nan) She doesnt sign Either Accept for Charity
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member

I don't really get it. Neither play the most charismatic characters, and I wouldn't have thought they'd get much mail apart from autograph collectors. I know it's the actors perogative whether they sign or not, but it irritates me when mediocre actors who aren't on the road to global stardom, act like a big star.

Blimey...rant over...sorry about that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really get it. Neither play the most charismatic characters, and I wouldn't have thought they'd get much mail apart from autograph collectors. I know it's the actors perogative whether they sign or not, but it irritates me when mediocre actors who aren't on the road to global stardom, act like a big star.

I agree I Mean Look at David Essex(Eddie Moon) Hes a name every had heard of and he had a Record out In the 1960's So everyone Knows him and He Replys to fan mail he took 2 weeks to reply to me and he's more of a star than Charlie G hawkins(Darren Miller) Bunmi Mojekwu(Mercy Olubunmi).
    ANY ONE AGREE?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How Long do the following take to reply?
    Carol Jackson
    Dot Branning
    Mo Harris
    Patrick Truman
  • Mr_HamiltonMr_Hamilton Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sent a couple of different EE cards to Barbara Windsor and got them back today, signed and dedicated, with another signed picture and a note thanking me for my letter. Took just under a week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sent a couple of different EE cards to Barbara Windsor and got them back today, signed and dedicated, with another signed picture and a note thanking me for my letter. Took just under a week.

I really want a Peggy Mitchell blank card so I can send it off, but can't find any anywhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    Bought some stamps today so have about five to send off for

what do you send off to get them, and where to please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Azza230 wrote: »
    I just sent off for Ricky Norwood (Fatboy) yay :D

i sent to ricky in january and so did my friend we had nothing back, he used to be realy quick and write note but it seems not nay more :L hopefully he'll start signing fanmail again :)x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member

Where did you get different ee cards from.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know what you mean - when you think the likes of Jo Joyner and Jake Wood, who have really busy filming schedules, and they have kids in real-life aswell - take the time out to sign fanmail (and even dedicate it).

and then the likes of Bunmi and Charlie who we see on-screen about once a month for 3 or 4 minutes, wouldn't touch a fan's letter with a barge pole.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean - when you think the likes of Jo Joyner and Jake Wood, who have really busy filming schedules, and they have kids in real-life aswell - take the time out to sign fanmail (and even dedicate it).

and then the likes of Bunmi and Charlie who we see on-screen about once a month for 3 or 4 minutes, wouldn't touch a fan's letter with a barge pole.

i also think it is a shame that the BBC have arranged and paid for cast cards to be produced and given to the actors only for them to presumably languish in a box at the bottom of the actor's wardrobe:confused:

I started my collection long after Angie Watts left Albert Square for the last time, however I read somewhere (probably on here :D) that Anita Dobson will still send an EE autographed cast card (the black and white one of the early years) so I wrote to her and got a delightful letter back with said cast card autographed and personalised, I then discovered that Anita has these cards reprinted at her own expense for fans who would like one despite having put EastEnders long behind her, what a classy lady!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martin0 wrote: »
    what do you send off to get them, and where to please?

A letter to the actor requesting a pic, I always enclose an stamped addressed envelope, but for EE you don't have to, I think at least an self addressed envelope makes sense and saves the actor writing out your address.

I don't have the address to hand but someone asks this question every few pages or so on this thread, I guarantee you won't have to go back more than ten pages to find it.

Alternatively put BBC EastEnders into google and you will get the homepage, its there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    A letter to the actor requesting a pic, I always enclose an stamped addressed envelope, but for EE you don't have to, I think at least an self addressed envelope makes sense and saves the actor writing out your address.

I don't have the address to hand but someone asks this question every few pages or so on this thread, I guarantee you won't have to go back more than ten pages to find it.

Alternatively put BBC EastEnders into google and you will get the homepage, its there

thanks, will try it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anybody know where I can get a blank Peggy Mitchell card?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j22kh wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I can get a blank Peggy Mitchell card?

Don't know, sorry, mine were just a couple I still had from old requests to the press office.

I had to sell my autograph collection a few years back to help pay some medical bills, but I still have a lot of blank cards, so I'm experimenting with sending them off to the actors and seeing what I get back. I'm a bit worried about losing my entire card collection, so I'm starting off with people I know definitely sign. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know, sorry, mine were just a couple I still had from old requests to the press office.

I had to sell my autograph collection a few years back to help pay some medical bills, but I still have a lot of blank cards, so I'm experimenting with sending them off to the actors and seeing what I get back. I'm a bit worried about losing my entire card collection, so I'm starting off with people I know definitely sign. ;)

I've tried on ebay, but nobody seems to have any. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Random question, did Suzy Branning ever get a cast card? Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Random question, did Suzy Branning ever get a cast card? Thanks

No, she didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had some signed cards from Waterloo Road this morning. Took six months.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    No, she didn't.

Ages ago back in 2006, I sent a request to the help desk and they sent me her cast card. I believe only about 50 were printed. I sold mine a few years ago for about £30