Android “Home” key toggle

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
Forum Member
✭✭
Are there any apps on Google Store, that when then HOME key is pressed, toggles from Home screen to Android Installed Apps.

I'm using Go Launcher on Android 2.3 and trying for a minimal home screen.

(Free would be nice.)

All I have on my home screen is the "appdraw" icon and would like to remove it if possible

Comments

• PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably require rooting the phone to remap that button. I wouldn't personally root unless it's your phone ie not on contact in case you brick it.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, i think Nova launcher can do what your after without rooting.
    probably require rooting the phone to remap that button. I wouldn't personally root unless it's your phone ie not on contact in case you brick it.

There was a thread on here a while ago, the conclusion that you DO own a contract phone.

But it just comes with the debt of a loan.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The phone definitely belongs to you when you take out a contract - you're paying for the service, what happens to the handset after you take possession of it is of no concern to the network, they don't care provided you pay the line rental.

I'm surprised Go Launcher doesn't offer the functionality you're after, almost every third-party Android launcher does.

Nova Launcher is a no-go though, it's only compatible with ICS onwards. Ditto for Apex Launcher.
    You may want to look at either ADW or LauncherPro for Gingerbread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been looking through settings Go Launcher, ADW.Launcher and LauncherPro support home key:

Instructions for those who might be interested

Go Launcher
    Application Setting » Gesture Settings » Home Key Action

ADW.Launcher
    ADWSettings » Gestures » Home Button Binding

LauncherPro
    Preferences » Behaviour Settings » Home Key Action