Why Must I Put Up With Other Cinema Goers!

cudzndripscudzndrips Posts: 384
Forum Member
There's nothing worse than getting in the cinema to find other people in there too. I like having the screen to myself and wish other people would stay away - it really makes me mad!:mad:

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Folkestone and Dover cinemas are often empty. I have had on numerous occasions in Folkestone had the screen to myself.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it is a public place and so it is possible to find members of the public there. And if they stayed away you wouldn't have a cinema to go to. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Other people are rather annoying. Went to see The Dark Knight Rises earlier this week, loads of people pulled out their phones which was annoying, and when I saw Ted earlier some woman sat behind me talking. If you're going to pay nearly £10 to see a film, is it too much to ask that other people shut up and stay of their phones for a 2 hours or so? You don't need to talk and check your phone, you can survive without it...
  • cudzndripscudzndrips Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Well when I went to see Warhorse it was filled with quite a few oldies, one old bloke who was sitting behind 3 older teens leant forward and snatched a phone out of one of the teens. The teen asked for his phone back to which the old timer replied "You can have it back after the film!" - classic stuff!:)
  • cudzndripscudzndrips Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Oh and who goes to Dover and Folkestone cinemas! These have been obsolete for years now, everyone just goes to Cineworld in Ashford now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cudzndrips wrote: »
    There's nothing worse than getting in the cinema to find other people in there too. I like having the screen to myself and wish other people would stay away - it really makes me mad!:mad:

Buy all the tickets for one particular showing and you'll have the entire screen to yourself :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Well when I went to see Warhorse it was filled with quite a few oldies, one old bloke who was sitting behind 3 older teens leant forward and snatched a phone out of one of the teens. The teen asked for his phone back to which the old timer replied "You can have it back after the film!" - classic stuff!:)

Sure it's funny, but it's grossly inappropriate and if it had happened to the old person he'd have been pissed. Damn old people and their ability to get away things other people can't!
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    loads of people pulled out their phones which was annoying,

There should be a fine for using a mobile in the actual cinema screening room. Beforehand people should be told to switch off while in the screening room and if they are caught with it on, an automatic fine.

If you are waiting for a call/emergency type, then you shouldn't be in the cinema in the first place.

It's sad that people can't go without their mobile phone for a few hours.

And better strict ushers in the cinema with a torch to highlight and shame the troublemakers!! Oh and whips too, not just a torch. :D
  • TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There should be a fine for using a mobile in the actual cinema screening room. Beforehand people should be told to switch off while in the screening room and if they are caught with it on, an automatic fine.

If you are waiting for a call/emergency type, then you shouldn't be in the cinema in the first place.

It's sad that people can't go without their mobile phone for a few hours.

And better strict ushers in the cinema with a torch to highlight and shame the troublemakers!! Oh and whips too, not just a torch. :D
    I agree - and some people should be strapped to their seats to stop them getting up 10 times during the film!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would find it a little creepy to sit in a cinema on my own.
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't the cinemas install phone blockers?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing that really annoys me is when people come in and hunt for a seat *after* the film has started, and then get in the way or make noise.

No-one should be allowed in once the trailers and ads have finished.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    One thing that really annoys me is when people come in and hunt for a seat *after* the film has started, and then get in the way or make noise.

No-one should be allowed in once the trailers and ads have finished.

I couldn't agree more with this! So bloody true! And what's worse is that they always end up sitting right next to you when hunting for a seat!

People should be banned from entering after all trailers have been shown.
    Forum Member
    Hitchcock did that once didn't he? think it was with Psycho, all cinemas didn't let anyone in once the film had started. Sure I heard that somewhere.

They should do that with all films.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think their should be some kind of test you have to pass, showing you can behave properly. You could be granted a licence to view films in cinemas. Some screening would be open to anyone, the others, just to those with a licence. It'd be heaven.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Hitchcock did that once didn't he? think it was with Psycho, all cinemas didn't let anyone in once the film had started. Sure I heard that somewhere.

They should do that with all films.

Yep. He didn't want the surprise about 'mother' getting out. Worked too for a while.
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    Couldn't the cinemas install phone blockers?

They could, and I've always wondered why they don't.

Perhaps they think that it will drive customers away?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Oh and who goes to Dover and Folkestone cinemas! These have been obsolete for years now, everyone just goes to Cineworld in Ashford now!

I don't know any one who drives. You need a car to get there.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    I dont agree with the fine thing about mobiles being turned off
    It would be too hard to do plus in a genuine emergency the phone been off cant help

With silent features being so easy to set on moviles now I dont know why someone would not use at a cinema and turn the brightness down dammit LOL

I would find it very creepy to sit in huge cinema screening alone though

When I went to see TDKR we got there early and sat in the cinema room in the dark like 20-30 mins before the movie even started just to get the best seats but I was dying for more people to hurry in in was just so weird and creepy
    Even more so because the aurora shooting was fresh in the mind
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well 'other cinema goers' told me they thought it was really annoying when they turned up and you were in the cinema. :p
    Forum Member

People who like to use their mobile phone in the cinema would say that... :p
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    biggebruv wrote: »
    It would be too hard to do plus in a genuine emergency the phone been off cant help d

And how do you think cinemas coped with emergencies before mobile phones came along? Yes, they had (and still have) LANDLINES! You have heard of them haven't you? ;)
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iggyman wrote: »
    And how do you think cinemas coped with emergencies before mobile phones came along? Yes, they had (and still have) LANDLINES! You have heard of them haven't you? ;)

But what if they don't know you are at the cinema? What about the extra time it will take to find the person in the right screen? :p
    I personally will use my phone up until the notification appears on screen then my phone goes in my pocket. I always have it on silent.
    One pet hate of mine is the "talkers"... I hate sitting in the cinema watching a horror and all I can hear are two ****s nearby giving a running commentary. I love seeing the Paranormal Activity films in the cinema but it drives me nuts when you get a load of 15 year olds acting stupid throughout. I like watching the 18+ screenings when they have them :)
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    I dont mind people using there mobile during a movie

but I do mind the ones who insist they hold them up near there face that is just very rude its even worse now since smartphones have hugeass screens that shine a massive light back at you

If I do use my mobile in the cinema for a little txt or check the time etc I would cover the phone with my hand and keep it between my laps at all times

the people iv come across though at times in the cinema just do not seem to have that respect though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    When I watched The Hunger Games at my local cinema, I was driven to distraction by a group of teen girls giggling and talking loudly between themselves. Even when a character died on screen, they still laughed and chatted away!

I contemplated throwing my drink at them at one point :o but soon settled on acting like a cowardly adult and complaining about them to a steward. He politely told them to shut up and I think everybody was thankful they could finally watch the film in peace.

Can there please be a law banning teen girls from cinemas? :D