Options

I've given up deodorant and I stink!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
Forum Member
This is because my deodorant (of which there were many) were completely blocking up my pores and I developed lumps under my arms as a result. Thinking it was cancer, I paid a visit to the doctor, only for him to tell me it's the deodorant sprays and roll- ons doing all the damage.

Let your pores breath he said.

Your pores will thank you. He said.

I stink! :D

I'm fairly active and I'm a hairy bloke and I definitely smell a bit musky after even the slightest bit of exercise. The paranoia has set in and I'm convinced women and children cross the street when they see (or smell) me. :o:D

Definitely not missing the spray on deodorants though as they do more damage than good. Has anyone else given them up and what do you do to control the stink?

Comments

• Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    http://www.pitrok.co.uk/product/pitrok-crystal-deodorant-spray-for-men/

I'm a woman with sensitive skin and I use the solid stick form of this with no nasty side effects and it works.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Cant go anywhere me without my trusty deodorants, Lynx chocolate and a splash of my lactose aftershave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »
    http://www.pitrok.co.uk/product/pitrok-crystal-deodorant-spray-for-men/

I'm a woman with sensitive skin and I use the solid stick form of this with no nasty side effects and it works.

Oooh thanks! I'll give this a shot. My skin is apparently "tres sensitive".
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Lemon juice freshens the pits and gets rid of bacteria.
  • Options
    FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    Cheap vinegar works a treat
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TopManc wrote: »
    Cant go anywhere me without my trusty deodorants, Lynx chocolate and a splash of my lactose aftershave.

what are you a teenager?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FortyTwo25 wrote: »
    Cheap vinegar works a treat

What?!

Really? But you'd smell like a chippy :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what are you a teenager?

No im 24 :( The ladies love it to be fair :cool:
  • Options
    Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lacoste?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lemon juice freshens the pits and gets rid of bacteria.

That's great 'cos I've always got a spare lemon lying around for my night cap vod and ton. :cool:
  • Options
    Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But what about the lactose intolerant ladies you're missing out on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DrSleep wrote: »
    What?!

Really? But you'd smell like a chippy :eek:

BIB: Which is an improvement of how I smell after five minutes on the exercise bike. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steve35 wrote: »
    But what about the lactose intolerant ladies you're missing out on?

Haha my mistake.
  • Options
    Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try PitRok
  • Options
    HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,290
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    This is because my deodorant (of which there were many) were completely blocking up my pores and I developed lumps under my arms as a result. Thinking it was cancer, I paid a visit to the doctor, only for him to tell me it's the deodorant sprays and roll- ons doing all the damage.

Let your pores breath he said.

Your pores will thank you. He said.

I stink! :D

I'm fairly active and I'm a hairy bloke and I definitely smell a bit musky after even the slightest bit of exercise. The paranoia has set in and I'm convinced women and children cross the street when they see (or smell) me. :o:D

Definitely not missing the spray on deodorants though as they do more damage than good. Has anyone else given them up and what do you do to control the stink?

Surely with appropriate washing you'd be okay?

I recall some sort of "experiment" on the TV when I was a viewer wherein the participants just used carbolic soap and were supposed to be able to identify each other by smell.

The point being that everyone has their own "smell" rather than "stink" if you see what I mean. Can't remember the results unfortunately.

I use deodorant. Does that make me a hypocrite?
  • Options
    miss_minervoismiss_minervois Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    Proper guffaw at that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely with appropriate washing you'd be okay?

I recall some sort of "experiment" on the TV when I was a viewer wherein the participants just used carbolic soap and were supposed to be able to identify each other by smell.

The point being that everyone has their own "smell" rather than "stink" if you see what I mean. Can't remember the results unfortunately.

I use deodorant. Does that make me a hypocrite?

I just have a natural "musk" I think. I exercise quite a lot though so might explain why I have an odour. It's not B.O as such, just musky-ness.

I'm not opposed to deodorant, in fact I'm a convert to not using deodorant after so many years because my health was suffering as a direct result of using deodorants. I actually had no idea I was allergic to them until I found lumps under my arms.

I suppose I've been scared into going cold turkey but I am now a bit paranoid about the smell.

There must be others out there who live without deodorants? :confused:
  • Options
    miss_minervoismiss_minervois Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about this ?
    http://www.alumstone.com/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Lactose" aftershave? :D

I'm a Lynx fan - been buying it since the 1980s. There's a new one on the market which I bought yesterday: Final Edition - very nice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No im 24 :( The ladies love it to be fair :cool:

I dread to think what ladies love Lynx :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    "Lactose" aftershave? :D

I'm a Lynx fan - been buying it since the 1980s. There's a new one on the market which I bought yesterday: Final Edition - very nice.

Ooooh i'll have to try that one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »
    I dread to think what ladies love Lynx :eek:

The type that love a guy made of chocolate walking down the street... actually that's just the advert.

So that will be none then. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The type that love a guy made of chocolate walking down the street... actually that's just the advert.

So that will be none then. :cry:

:D:o:o

Lynx always reminds me of being at school and the boys spraying it in our form room. Walking through a cloud of that stuff to get to your desk is not fun at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »
    :D:o:o

Lynx always reminds me of being at school and the boys spraying it in our form room. Walking through a cloud of that stuff to get to your desk is not fun at all.

Haha yea I remember the days, on behalf of all lads sorry about that :)
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I just have a natural "musk" I think. I exercise quite a lot though so might explain why I have an odour. It's not B.O as such, just musky-ness.

I'm not opposed to deodorant, in fact I'm a convert to not using deodorant after so many years because my health was suffering as a direct result of using deodorants. I actually had no idea I was allergic to them until I found lumps under my arms.

I suppose I've been scared into going cold turkey but I am now a bit paranoid about the smell.

There must be others out there who live without deodorants? :confused:

Depends on your smell. Some people's natural smell is lovely.... some people smell like cheese sewage.

There are lots and lots of non-traditional deodorants, like alum stones etc..