The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Some people on Twitter compare Mo to Gus, but I don't think that's the case - Mo is a bit more outgoing when it comes to making friends, and there's plenty more. Though, like Gus, we may be shocked when his voice breaks! :D

I know Liam has left and at that time, he was nearly 16, but is there any chance of him returning or at least being mentioned in a large amount - I say this because Liam told Frank to 'keep in touch' as he left but there hasn't been much mention. Maybe they could show them doing video chats time to time? Either way, I'd like some of the residents to still show some connection to the kids in the care home.

Haha, between series 3 TBR and TDG, Gus grew a ridiculous amount, his face changed and his voice broke!!! He was exactly the same all throughout TBR lol :D
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    TvGeek_ wrote: »
    Haha, between series 3 TBR and TDG, Gus grew a ridiculous amount, his face changed and his voice broke!!! He was exactly the same all throughout TBR lol :D

Attitude remained the same :D

Just imagine Jody, Tyler, Mo, Floss and Harry when they grow up :eek:

I wonder if Jody's family will ever make another appearance.

It's funny how the first episode got like over 1 million requests on iPlayer yet the actual figure for it was well below a million. Turns out people are still interested in shows like this.

Meanwhile, episode 12 is #7 on iPlayer, and episode 13 is #9.
    Forum Member
    Finally the ratings are in for Friday.

452k (3.0%) for the first episode and 533k (3.0%) for the second. It is, at least, a rise from the week before which must have had around 380k in the overnights. Also, the first episode wasn't helped by it's lead-in (on CBBC) which was Glee Club, which got only 241k (2.4%) beforehand.

It can still timeshift well and the official figure can be a lot higher, but only if people watch it on iPlayer through their TV's (they don't count iPlayer views from internet at the moment).
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally the ratings are in for Friday.

452k (3.0%) for the first episode and 533k (3.0%) for the second. It is, at least, a rise from the week before which must have had around 380k in the overnights. Also, the first episode wasn't helped by it's lead-in (on CBBC) which was Glee Club, which got only 241k (2.4%) beforehand.

It can still timeshift well and the official figure can be a lot higher, but only if people watch it on iPlayer through their TV's (they don't count iPlayer views from internet at the moment).

Not bad! It's good that there was at least a bit of boost in the ratings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You never know, it could happen! Kingsley was quite violent and threatening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Attitude remained the same :D

Just imagine Jody, Tyler, Mo, Floss and Harry when they grow up :eek:

It's funny how the first episode got like over 1 million requests on iPlayer yet the actual figure for it was well below a million. Turns out people are still interested in shows like this.

Meanwhile, episode 12 is #7 on iPlayer, and episode 13 is #9.

Haha, yeah, and I actually can't imagine that!!!! I hope that the series will continue for years so we can see them grow up just as we have seen with Tracy and Justine, and characters which have been there since the first ep of TBR :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    It would only take a quick line of dialogue mentioning those who have left.

This will probably be as far as they can go with old characters. I can't see any video chats happening anytime soon. But still, it's still nice to hear their names again on occasion as it brings back memories.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TvGeek_ wrote: »
    Haha, yeah, and I actually can't imagine that!!!! I hope that the series will continue for years so we can see them grow up just as we have seen with Tracy and Justine, and characters which have been there since the first ep of TBR :)

Yeah, I agree. It would be interesting to see how much they change when growing up.
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it amazing that this thread is constantly on the first page and has over 900 posts! Thanks to all contributors! :D
    Forum Member
    Especially me! Kidding. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it amazing that this thread is constantly on the first page and has over 900 posts! Thanks to all contributors! :D

No problem! (And this is coming from one of the contributors).;) I'm glad it has rocketed sky high.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This holds some truth, even if you are kidding!:D
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    This holds some truth, even if you are kidding!:D

I wasn't really kidding, just added that just in case I was called big headed :D

But, great that one of MY threads is doing well.

Usually threads need to get to 3,000 posts or 120 pages to get a part 2, but it depends how lazy the mods are. Some threads get to 8,000-9,000 posts and aren't split (e.g, show threads for X Factor for example).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't really kidding, just added that just in case I was called big headed :D

But, great that one of MY threads is doing well.

Usually threads need to get to 3,000 posts or 120 pages to get a part 2, but it depends how lazy the mods are. Some threads get to 8,000-9,000 posts and aren't split (e.g, show threads for X Factor for example).

BIB - Agreed!

We've still got a long way to go. But I'm sure we'll get there...eventually.;)
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love The Dumping Ground!

Was that the end for this series then...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love The Dumping Ground!

Was that the end for this series then...

Yep, the first series has now finished. But don't worry, it has been recomissioned for a second series and it will air in early 2014. :)

I think they will be begin filming in the summer. (Most likely to start sometime in June).
    Forum Member
    One thing i picked up from one of the character profiles was that Miles (Tyler) is a chess champion :D
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member

i am the heart and soul of this thread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    Of course! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing i picked up from one of the character profiles was that Miles (Tyler) is a chess champion :D

And Amy (Carmen) is an owner of many pets!;)
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »

As with many other threads - e.g, that Couch Trip thread (despite me not having a clue as to what it is meant to be about :D).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As with many other threads - e.g, that Couch Trip thread (despite me not having a clue as to what it is meant to be about :D).

Another example is the BB thread.:D
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Another example is the BB thread.:D

Which one? There are so many :D

No character profile for Rick, Elektra or any of the adults yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which one? There are so many :D

No character profile for Rick, Elektra or any of the adults yet.

Usually on the main and house threads.:D Not as active now since it's not on until the summer.
    Forum Member
    To keep us busy, let's have a run-down of the funniest lines of the series.

I'll start - in the double episode:

Faith: Why didn't you open the door?
    Johnny: Why are you so desperate to see me in me undies?