Options

Peter Kay 'Top of the Tower' on C4.

2»

Comments

• Options
    roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone..d'ya....d'ya remember, like, how in the old days things were diffr'nt? Clothes were, like, y'know diffr'nt and stuff?

*audience laughs*

Anyone remember how TV shows were diffr'nt to how they are now? And what about places? Anyone remember how places like cinemas were diffr'nt to how cinemas are these days?

*audience laughs*

How about <insert late 70s/early 80s cultural reference>? It was diffr'nt back than weren't it?

*audience laughs*
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember a few years ago reading that he was writing a new comedy series about a group of binmen. What happened to that ?

Last I heard he was doing a Secret Millionaire spoof.
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's just finished filming a comedy about a Supermarket manager.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    He's just finished filming a comedy about a Supermarket manager.

As groundbreaking as ever then.
  • Options
    treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone seen the Amarillo video peter kay did, is saville taken out of that ?
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    As groundbreaking as ever then.

Aren't most sitcoms not supposed to be 'groundbreaking'
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember a few years ago reading that he was writing a new comedy series about a group of binmen. What happened to that ?

It was a load of rubbish
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'Come get your black bin bags .... ' :)

What i didn't like about him was he puts his name in front of everything he does eg Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights, when its clearly a lot of other people as well as him which make the show what it is.

Phoenix Nights remains a classic but its not just about Kay
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He didn't do that. Channel 4 did that. He didn't want them to but they wouldn't back down
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loon wrote: »
    He didn't do that. Channel 4 did that. He didn't want them to but they wouldn't back down

A I didn't know that. I'd read quite the opposite many years ago how Dave Spikey objected to th e Peter Kay name used in the title which led to a breakdown in relations with him and Kay. Maybe it was total bull
  • Options
    curlybaggiecurlybaggie Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Hitler's never off the telly, and he was slightly more evil than Jim'll.[/QUOTE]

Good point Franchise. LOL