Options

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Comments

• Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    It certainly ain't Samsung doing the confusing.

I find Kidspud replies are there to confuse, full stop.

Yes, I'm sure you were very confused when you were found out lying about what another poster had said.

I'm also waiting for you to correct my maths.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    ....lying ...
    I'm also waiting for you to correct my maths.

You never had any maths in that Apple Standards thread. It was only myself with data, as usual.
    And there is where it all lies 'confused' AGAIN.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You never had any maths in that Apple Standards thread. It was only myself with data, as usual.

And there is where it all lies 'confused' AGAIN.

Really? Strange that you questioned it then.

You may want to reread it to show the completely misleading 'advice' you provided.

Not to worry, I'm sure another of your great posts will be along soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what is it with you? Even when I give sensible advice on how to make best of an issue you are dead set against it. Its like you only ever speak from an Apple Shareholder point of view, coming across as very anti user.

It was common sense advice I gave (Standard thread), one that may alleviate any issue and at zero cost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Nope far from it don't even own one unlike you ;-) - Yet your posting (extensive posting on the subject) knowledge of Samsung extends to what phones receive what upgrade, what likely spec and version new handsets will be, what their business models are, sales strategy, their profit returns, which models to choose for best bang for buck etc.

However you would now have us believe that a few model names are confusing you, I smell something and it is not my lunch cooking.

Yes, all useful information that you can find on the internet. The information is usually just under the headlines that you seem to hook onto;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what is it with you? Even when I give sensible advice on how to make best of an issue you are dead set against it. Its like you only ever speak from an Apple Shareholder point of view, coming across as very anti user.

It was common sense advice I gave (Standard thread), one that may alleviate any issue and at zero cost.

Your 'sensible' advice appears to be to use a low powered charger in a device that it wasn't designed to be used with, and the result being that the device could take over 20hrs to charge. Not only that, but having previously told us you own an iPad, you don't seem to follow this advice yourself.

Considering you don't know the cause of any failures reported (and I would guess it is cable failure due to 'double chin' wear. I assume you know what that is). Your 'sensible' advice would not solve anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..but having previously told us you own an iPad....
    What have you been swallowing ?
    :confused:

And hey, as you never got to explain any maths whatsoever, three of those iPads likely take a maximum of 10 hours charge at the 500mah hours I suggested. (10 times 2.5 watts = 25 watt hours.
    I even think I even told you there are three battery sizes but I'm sure this message will fail to reach you like them all.

You can stick to your politics and I'll stick to the maths and science, deal?
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    Oh you sound like a knowledgeable chap. Could you tell me which came first – December 2012 or September 2012?

Is this a trick question?

Either way, I'm not sure what your point is.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    No, you didn't just happen to mention it. You deliberately made a post designed to bait and cause an issue.

I have indeed contributed to apple etc threads, but what I have never done is went out my way on an apple thread, is bring android into it to cause a problem. You on the other hand have done that several times.

No, I haven't done that several times. I virtually never even look at threads about Android stuff. And the context here wasn't even Apple, it was the thing about relying on headlines to make a point.

The whole point of the post was not to argue that the Alpha looked like the iPhone.

The whole point was to highlight how pointless it would be to argue that the Alpha looked like the iPhone based solely on that headline.

Given the context of the preceding posts, I thought that was pretty obvious, but as I said before it seems people's sense of irony had deserted them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What have you been swallowing ?

And hey, as you never got explain any maths whatsoever, three of those iPads likely take a maximum of 10 hours charge at the 500mah hours I suggested. (10 times 2.5 watts = 25 watt hours.

I even think I even told you there are three battery sizes but I'm sure this message will fail to reach you like them all.

So are you now saying you don't own an iPad?

You didn't tell me anything. I'm fully aware the battery capacities of the iPads, just like you, I can use google.

A 10W charger will take approx 5-6 hours to charge an iPad 4, and I've told you how long it will take with your charger, if you don't believe me, try it yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...A 10W charger will take approx 5-6 hours to charge an iPad 4....
    I never told you I had an iPad. I think you totally failed to comprehend science.

Yes, I know an iPad 4 can take up to 20 hours, I think I even acknowledged that both before and after you classed most Ipads as being like the iPad 4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never told you I had an iPad. I think you totally failed to comprehend science.

Yes, I know an iPad 4 can take up to 20 hours, I think I even acknowledged that both before and after you classed most Ipads as being like the iPad 4.

Where did you acknowledge that, and where did I class most iPads like the iPad 4?

I gave you charging times for the iPad 3, 4 and air. Would you like the times for the 1 and 2 to see if it mikes your advice any more useful?
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Yes, all useful information that you can find on the internet. The information is usually just under the headlines that you seem to hook onto;-)

I see so your opinion is just relayed Google searches, does explain the poor standard of your posts I suppose hmmmm.

Seems more odd now, given your ability to Google so well, how these product line ups throw you into total confusion
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see so your opinion is just relayed Google searches, does explain the poor standard of your posts I suppose hmmmm.

Seems more odd now, given your ability to Google so well, how these product line ups throw you into total confusion

What, the poor standards of my posts compared to yours? You are in no position to judge.

I find it odd why you hook on to headlines when all the information is available on the internet and you could actually provide some thought and opinion of your own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...I gave you charging times for the iPad 3, 4 and air...
    NO, you just gave a 20 hour charging time for 'the iPad'.

The other 4 iPads use small batteries and the Air a middling one. It did seem somewhat strange when you told me you did not think I had an iPad Air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NO, you just gave a 20 hour charging time for 'the iPad'.

The other 4 iPads use small batteries and the Air a middling one. It did seem somewhat strange when you told me you did not think I had an iPad Air.

To keep it simple for you because it appears you cannot use google.

Based on your completely impractical claim of using a 500mah charger.

Ipad 1 - 15hrs
    IPad 2 - 16hrs
    iPad 3&4 - 27hrs
    iPad Air - 21hrs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on your completely impractical claim of using a 500mah charger.
    Ipad 1 - 15hrsIPad 2 - 16hrs iPad 3&4 - 27hrs iPad Air - 21hrs
    I actually use maths, which by that, ain't exactly your strong point is it?(I've already guessed what you did wrong. Try and reverse engineer the calculations and you will see an anomaly.)

And the original thread was mobile phones. As we know, the iPHone has the smallest battery of them all. That means the 1A standard charger heats the battery more than any other rival phone thus reducing battery life fast.

So using only 500 mah benefits the iPhone far more than on the S3, S4 or S5 or this Alpha.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually use maths, which by that, ain't exactly your strong point is it?

And the original thread was mobile phones. As we know, the iPHone has the smallest battery of them all. That means the 1A standard charger heats the battery more than any other rival phone thus reducing battery life fast.

So using only 500 mah benefits the iPhone far more than on the S3, S4 or S5 or this Alpha.

That is the second time you have questioned my maths. Feel free to correct me, rather than talk about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edit -(I've already guessed what you did wrong. Try and reverse engineer the calculations and you will see an anomaly.)

I'll leave you to it. Or someone else can explain it to you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What, the poor standards of my posts compared to yours? You are in no position to judge.

I find it odd why you hook on to headlines when all the information is available on the internet and you could actually provide some thought and opinion of your own.

Such amusement is had with you when you have nothing to say, up one of your cul de sacs.

As it appears all your posts are google search cut and pastes and you are so confused by several handsets on sale at once, we shall take all further posts in that context.
  • Options
    Jamie_BradleyJamie_Bradley Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    About the Samsung galaxy alpha lol.....

I think it's a sign that Samsung have realised they cannot compete with iPhones. I think this is Samsung trying to stop its massive fall in sales and refocus on the Android market.

The Samsung Alpha seems to be more of a mid range Nexus 4/5 competitor. An it's a fact Samsung smartphone sales have crashed worldwide whilst Apple/LG/ and the chineese makers are seeing record increases in sales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll leave you to it. Or someone else can explain it to you.

I've done nothing wrong, and I'm very happy with my calculation. The very fact you cannot explain the error you think I've made tells me enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such amusement is had with you when you have nothing to say, up one of your cul de sacs.

As it appears all your posts are google search cut and pastes and you are so confused by several handsets on sale at once, we shall take all further posts in that context.

As I've already said, look at your own posting history and your famous headline hooks. Not forgetting the time you hung onto the words of a VP, who even when he retracted the comments and was demoted, you still wanted to hang on.:) you have no credibility and quite frankly your opinions of my posts mean absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They should do as a reality check is desperately needed by you, all that confusion clearly not good for you. Go and do some googling see if you can work out that confusing Samsung line up, before you attempt more serious issues.

We can return to your claims for the ground breaking 64 bit when 12 months have elapsed, see what it actually brought to the platform ;-)
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About the Samsung galaxy alpha lol.....

I think it's a sign that Samsung have realised they cannot compete with iPhones. I think this is Samsung trying to stop its massive fall in sales and refocus on the Android market.

The Samsung Alpha seems to be more of a mid range Nexus 4/5 competitor. An it's a fact Samsung smartphone sales have crashed worldwide whilst Apple/LG/ and the chineese makers are seeing record increases in sales.

It's a nice looking phone and will presumably sell in reasonable numbers, to certain markets. It was probably a good pick to launch the phone in Russia, which I'd say is one such market that will lap the phone up.

It also gives a good hint of future devices and their design/build, which is good because I could live with the 720p display, but probably not the lack of microSD and definitely not the pathetic battery. What the hell was Samsung thinking here?

That Apple has a smaller battery? So what? Much as I love Android, it has many ways to kill your battery and with such a powerful SoC it's even more madness to potentially offer a good standby time, as long as the phone manages deep sleep consistently, but when used for just about anything is going to be a massive disappointment.

People might be used to terrible battery life depending on what they had before, or have now, but they don't need to be anymore. Get a Z2 or G3 and you can see a huge difference - all day battery life with plenty of usage and screen on times of 4-5 hours and above.

I think it's safe to say that the reviews will all single out battery life as the deal breaker on this, and if they don't then Samsung has either changed physics or the reviewer(s) didn't really test it properly.