does anyone know why cheryl cole doesn't post on twitter?

rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
Forum Member
she has a twitter account here it is...

http://twitter.com/#!/cherylcole

its strange because its definitely the official cheryl cole twitter it has the blue tick next to it which confirms it and she also has over 100,000 followers and she hasn't posted anything?

has it ever been said why she doesn't post?

Comments

• Hector RivaHector Riva Posts: 2,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can only type with one finger.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she knows she has it. The profile was created a long time so the username wasn't used by someone else.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's got stuff going on in her life and can't be bothered tweeting?
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She said in an interview on radio 1 why.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3qvayvyRUs&feature=related (10mins 18 secs in)

So I think the account was set up so people knew the others were fake.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's still studying the dictionary, i think she's on to D's now
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doubt she even knows it exists or what twitter is. Like most celebs, it will have been set up by her PR company.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    Doubt she even knows it exists or what twitter is. Like most celebs, it will have been set up by her PR company.

In which case, then, why aren't her PR company doing what they are undoubtedly paid so handsomely for... dishing out appropriate and flattering PR on a regular basis... :rolleyes:
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    She'd too busy doing.....erm, what is it she does?
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she can barely string a sentence together?
    Because she has no personality and nothing of interest to say?
    Because she might say what she actually thinks and her carefully constructed PR "personality" will come crashing down and threaten her Golden Girl status?
    Because she can't be arsed communicating with her fans?
    Because she doesn't want to?

Any or all of these ;)
  • PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has no thumbs?

No. I dont know.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She still hasn't worked out how to turn the computer on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she's seen the levels of horrible and often uncalled for (and sometimes criminal) abuse that some slebs get on twitter, and funnily enough decided against it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatsoever wrote: »
    Because she's seen the levels of horrible and often uncalled for (and sometimes criminal) abuse that some slebs get on twitter, and funnily enough decided against it?

Could well be.
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    whatsoever wrote: »

I dont know why criminal activity would bother her, she is a convicted criminal after all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    She can't read and needs Cowell to do it for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know why criminal activity would bother her, she is a convicted criminal after all.

As are some other celebrities.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's her PR company trying to control her. They are scared Cheryl will say something they won't like.Cheryl is an outspoken person.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I read once that her management company had advised her not to tweet, etc, because they felt she did not have the right mentality for it. I understood that to mean that they thought she may flair up at anyone who tweeted anything negative to her.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MeMe122 wrote: »
    I think it's her PR company trying to control her. They are scared Cheryl will say something they won't like.Cheryl is an outspoken person.

I hope now she isnt on the X Factor anymore she will go back to the old Cheryl. As i think when she was on the X Factor she became very controlled and she lost alot of her personality and spark. So now she is just solely a pop star hopefully she wont have as much pressure on her from management.
  • Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not compulsory. I like twitter, and I think it's great to get a feel for the reality of what celebs really are up to, but when it's someone like Cheryl who the press are obsessed with, it's probably best she keeps quiet. As soon as you start to tweet, there becomes an expectation that you will comment on stories in the press, or at least deny the rubbish, and she'd be there all day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    She'll be on when she's not topping any polls or trash mags have forgotten her.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I hope now she isnt on the X Factor anymore she will go back to the old Cheryl. As i think when she was on the X Factor she became very controlled and she lost alot of her personality and spark. So now she is just solely a pop star hopefully she wont have as much pressure on her from management.

Agree with you 100%.

I remember watching some old Girls Aloud fly on the wall docs and Cheryl was very gobby, feisty and wasn't afraid to speak her mind about other celebs.

Ever since she got The X Factor gig and became 'The Nations Sweetheart' she suddenly turned into butter wouldn't melt and could do no wrong in the tabloids eye.

I wish she would go back to her feisty personality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    posting on twitter opens you up to every crackpot, pervert and freak on the net. And no matter what she says there will be people who take offense or hate her for it
  • GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member
    Maybe because Twitter is kinda silly? Granted that is my opinion of it and obviously not of many many others.
    Just don't see the point in it..............:confused: