What time do you have your evening meal?

kingofcakeskingofcakes Posts: 2,948
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just a random question that popped into my head.

When I was a kid me and my sister normally ate earlier than my parents, about 5pm, but nowadays we all normally eat at around 6:30.

When do you have your evening meal? 105 votes

before 5pm
4% 5 votes
between 5 and 6
16% 17 votes
between 6 and 7
26% 28 votes
between 7 and 8
27% 29 votes
after 8pm
24% 26 votes

Comments

• TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    Anytime between six and eight.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7.30-8.30pm
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have main meal at about 2pm as I work evenings, I then have a sandwich about 10pm. Not sure which you want to count as an evening meal as I thought you may be talking about a main meal not just a sandwich.
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6.45. On the dot usually.
  • KerangKerang Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It varies a lot, anything between 6 and 9.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    We eat late - around 8.30 or 9.00.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Between 5 & 6, usually when Come Dine With Me is on. If you watch that, you get hungry so if we eat at the same time it's better :)
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most days, around 5pm.
    When I go to Karate training, which starts at 7pm, I have my evening meal at 4pm :)
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually have my last meal of the day at about 2230hrs
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    6pm or thereabouts.

23% saying after 8pm - crikey that would press on me terribly in bed + not so great for the metabolism.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I have lunch.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    I have lunch.

You have lunch for your evening meal?:confused:
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    6pm or thereabouts.

23% saying after 8pm - crikey that would press on me terribly in bed + not so great for the metabolism.

Yeah, it's not so good for the metabolism. On the other hand, it means I eat a lighter and healthier evening meal, most of the time. I'd like to eat a bit earlier, at 7.30 or 8.00, but the OH doesn't get home until 7 at the earliest, and he doesn't want to eat right away, which is fair enough.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    6pm or thereabouts.

To prove that you'd need to ask what people eat, what time they go to bed, when they get up, what they have to eat at other times etc.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    To prove that you'd need to ask what people eat, what time they go to bed, when they get up, what they have to eat at other times etc.

And how much they exercise.
  • RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    It really depends on what I've been doing during the day, or what time I had Dinner (What I call Lunch), Evening Meal is "Tea" to me, We tend to also have it around the time Come Dine With Me is on, 5ish typically.
    I have something about 8ish, usually a cup of tea and a small bowl or cereal/biscuits, I couldn't go to bed on a hot meal, I need time for it to settle if that makes sence. =)
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get in from work by 4pm, so I eat at about 5pm in the week. At the weekends, it depends what I'm doing.
  • GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Myself & family usually have ours at 6.00.

If I am on my own, I eat either before 6.00 or later.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually about 5 or 5.30 nowadays. When I was working I usually got in about 5.10, so it was nearer 6 when I had my tea. We always used to have tea around 6 when I was little, except on Tuesdays and at weekends when it was nearer 5 because Dad wasn't working :)
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 8pm or just after..
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »

Yeah that's true.
    My philosophy is to eat less as the day goes on.
    A big breakfast to reboot the metabolism and to set me up for the day.
    A medium sized lunch. I actually take a proper meal to work (rather than some dire sandwich)
    A small dinner/supper at 6ish.

We never eat anything after 8pm - the body is winding down, and mine wouldn't take too kindly to having a massive meal to deal with!
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually around 7pm.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    between 8 and 11.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually have my last meal of the day at about 2230hrs

This is quite common for us too.

If we're all home early, we tend to eat our evening meal at about 8:30-ish, sometimes a bit earlier.

But there's a few days in the week where one of us is out, e.g. my brother's practising with his band or I go training, and on those days we tend to eat at 10 - 10:30-ish. We could just eat earlier and save the other person some, but we like to eat together. :)
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Between 5.30pm and 6.30pm, so couldn't vote in your poll.