Options

looks like some of the cameron/brooks emails have been leaked

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
Forum Member
Tomrrow's Daily Mail has some of them, also says Leveson has them but is keeping them secret

Comments

• Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and the end of TRANSPARENCY begins .....
  • Options
    ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if these will make it into the upcoming film about Rebekah Brooks? Someone like James Horner could end up doing the score.
  • Options
    queseraseraqueserasera Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from what they were saying on the newspaper review they seem to consist of slightly saucey texts about Rebecca's horse going too fast :D
  • Options
    MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who reckons he's shagged her?
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see the big personally. I hope this isn't what Chris Bryant has been crusading for. If so its a big let down. All he's doing is talking about a horse. Hardly news worthy.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the big personally. I hope this isn't what Chris Bryant has been crusading for. If so its a big let down. All he's doing is talking about a horse. Hardly news worthy.

I can't see the point to this - the bigger question is how the papers got hold of them surely
  • Options
    hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member

Don't know, but she sure seems to have had Cameron wrapped around her little finger.

So it is part of the story of how close Governments and the Murdoch empire had become.

In bed together you might say.
  • Options
    queseraseraqueserasera Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    husted wrote: »
    Don't know, but she sure seems to have had Cameron wrapped around her little finger.

So it is part of the story of how close Governments and the Murdoch empire had become.

In bed together you might say.

Quite literally in the case of the Brown Government perhaps - afterall it was Sarah Brown who hosted the infamous pyjamas parties at Chequers;)
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I can't see the point to this - the bigger question is how the papers got hold of them surely

I wouldn't be surprised if Murdoch Snr is behind it. I know the Mail is not a NI paper but.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member

Well she has spent 3 nights at Chequers
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »

That's always the biggest question for people who don't like what's being revealed...........they always try to make 'the leak' the story rather than the content

It never works
  • Options
    JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomrrow's Daily Mail has some of them, also says Leveson has them but is keeping them secret

Not keeping them secret, they were not relevant and by the looks of them they were not.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    and the end of TRANSPARENCY begins .....

There was transparency?
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jilly wrote: »
    Not keeping them secret, they were not relevant and by the looks of them they were not.

Umm they were, Brooks said to Cameron "I'll look forward to working with you", working together on what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Umm they were, Brooks said to Cameron "I'll look forward to working with you", working together on what?

Probably said something very similar to Brown and Blair!
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member

I wouldn't be at all surprised. Chris Bryant seems to have been implying that in his wording in parliament the other day too:
    "Why will the Prime Minister not publish all the texts, e-mails and other forms of correspondence between himself and his office and Rebekah Brooks, Andy Coulson and News International, so that we can judge whether they are relevant? Is it because they are too salacious and embarrassing for the Prime Minister? [ Interruption. ] I would not smile if I was him; when the truth comes out, he will not be smiling."

The problem for Cameron is that the longer he keeps them secret the more people will believe that he was shagging her, even if he wasn't.
  • Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope they find out who leaked these to the press. They appeare to have been given to Leveson and his inquiry and someone has clearly breached confidentiality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These are texts not the emails Bryant referred to aren't they?

Cameron's horseplay texts with Rebekah Brooks:

Mail link

David Cameron faces new embarrassment over text messages

The message, along with a second text from Mrs Brooks, was obtained by The Mail on Sunday newspaper.

The message from Mrs Brooks praised the Conservative leader’s conference speech. “I cried twice,” she wrote. “Will love working together.”

Downing Street said the texts were submitted to Lord Leveson’s inquiry into phone hacking, but only a small number of messages have been made public by the peer so far.

These two texts were sent in October 2009, shortly after Mrs Brooks was promoted from editor of The Sun to chief executive of News International. It is thought they were supplied to the inquiry by Mrs Brooks.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9653819/David-Cameron-faces-new-embarrassment-over-text-messages.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WindWalker wrote: »
    These are texts not the emails Bryant referred to aren't they?

There might be some overlap, but I don't think it's all of what Bryant was talking about, no.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Personally I'd rather shag the horse.
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    There might be some overlap, but I don't think it's all of what Bryant was talking about, no.

Indeed, Bryant claims to have a mole in downing street who is familiar with the texts and they told him that they are salacious, Bryant seems to know quite a bit like the amount of texts -150 which is also what the observer is saying, observer also seems to know that some of the texts will very embarrassing for the government
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Indeed, Bryant claims to have a mole in downing street who is familiar with the texts and they told him that they are salacious, Bryant seems to know quite a bit like the amount of texts -150 which is also what the observer is saying, observer also seems to know that some of the texts will very embarrassing for the government

I'd be interested to hear Bryant's definition of "salacious" lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I hope this mole is found and dismissed.
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    I'd be interested to hear Bryant's definition of "salacious" lol.

:)

You need help ;)