I think the judges are ruled by the BBC - Suzanna will win ||||

No. They are part of the cast.

Relax. SCD is a scripted pantomime.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is nobody with the name Suzanna in the competition

However if Susanna were to win it will be by public vote the judges have no say in the final.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The judges give scores in the final, but they don't count.
    Its totally down to public vote.

But,yes...Susanna is going to win
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the public is having its strings pulled by Susanna :eek:
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well. With the current format, the judges have been able to save Natalie, who didn't deserve to be in the bottom two.

What does "rule" is the perception of Susanna with which the public has been spoon fed by the BBC, by their choice of what they choose to show of her and the positive PR shown on other programmes. That'll count more with the voting public, as much as will previous dance experience of a competitor, count less.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I agree the public are easily swayed , however, susanna (sorry if affended) is the worse dancer in the final.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every year the most popular contestant is surrounded by "BBC fix" conspiracy theories. Every year without fail! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willowfan wrote: »
    Every year the most popular contestant is surrounded by "BBC fix" conspiracy theories. Every year without fail! :rolleyes:

I love a "sweeping statement," it brightens up my day.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC certainly treats the British public like a bunch of muppets :D
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that the only thing in SCD that isn't manipulated is the voting - just maybe. But the voting is easy to manipulate by agents' PRs voting hundreds of times via call centres if they want to by creating hundreds of BBC IDs so who cares.

The rest of it is fixed

Judges' scores and scripts pre-written
    Dodgy partnerships
    Dodgy music for some
    Manipulated dance order on the night
    Difficult dances for the duffers early on
    Difficult dances avoided altogether for some
    Animal costumes for the joke candidates or costume malfunctions for those overstaying their welcome; but no such thing for the ringahs
    Seating / Standing order in the Tess pit

Doesn't bother me any more than any pantomime. I am going with the flow but got worked up last year.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Oh god, don't mention puppets in the week before the showdances...
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree the public are easily swayed , however, susanna (sorry if affended) is the worse dancer in the final.

Without getting into an argument about whether she is or isn't the worse dancer, that's an entirely different thing from her somehow being foisted on us by the judges, whose marks have placed her in peril towards the bottom of the leaderboard for the past 2 weeks & she has been saved by the public vote. The judges have no say as to her final placement on Saturday
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member

:D

ETA, in relation to other posts, I honestly doubt too many people vote based on anyone' s PR machine. It' s convenient to blame undesirable outcomes on mass brainwashing though ;)
  • Options
    PontywarriorPontywarrior Posts: 8,142
    Forum Member
    I have to admit I have never been on the Strictly forum before and so the BBC conspiracy theory is new to me.

I have never read anything so funny in my life - the sad part is that some posters actually believe it! :p
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but that is only your opinion dancingqueen12 IMO Sophie is the worst one in the final

People have their own views and the judges votes count for nothing in the final so whoever the public wants will win as the right 4 in final for me will accept whoever wins
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Without getting into an argument about whether she is or isn't the worse dancer, that's an entirely different thing from her somehow being foisted on us by the judges, whose marks have placed her in peril towards the bottom of the leaderboard for the past 2 weeks & she has been saved by the public vote. The judges have no say as to her final placement on Saturday

Absolutely!!

But why spoil a good conspiracy theory with the truth? ;-)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    jinx2jinx2 Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Even if it is true and the show is fixed/judges ruled by the BBC does it really matter.
    After all it is only a T.V. program and it will always have a bit of manipulation especially in the training room V.T's because it is after all a family entertainment show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit I have never been on the Strictly forum before and so the BBC conspiracy theory is new to me.

I have never read anything so funny in my life - the sad part is that some posters actually believe it! :p

No more of a conspiracy than watching Julius Caesar or James Bond or EastEnders. It is a script written to entertain as with any play with baddies and goodies and blondes ...

It isn't rigorous like the Olympics or Wimbledon. Even the commentator's (Tess) questions are scripted and loaded and edited. Can you imagine football's Match of The Day run and scripted by The Premier League or the clubs?
  • Options
    karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect that the only thing in SCD that isn't manipulated is the voting - just maybe. But the voting is easy to manipulate by agents' PRs voting hundreds of times if they want to by creating hundreds of BBC IDs so who cares.

The rest of it is fixed

Judges scores and scripts pre-written
    Dodgy partnerships
    Dodgy music for some
    Manipulated dance order on the night
    Difficult dances for the duffers early on
    Difficult dances avoided altogether for some
    Animal costumes for the joke candidates rather than the ringahs
    Seating / Standing order in the Tess pit

Doesn't bother me anymore than any pantomime. I am going with the flow but got worked up last year.

Would add to that, I was very suspicious that Natalie ended up in the bottom 2. The AT was undermarked, Abbeys Samba was overmarked. Joint first felt like a manipulation by the judges. I like Abbey but I don't believe she's polling more votes than Natalie. (Artem has a big fanbase).
    Still think Natalie will win, Sophie 2nd Abbey 3rd Susanna 4th.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jinx2 wrote: »
    Even if it is true and the show is fixed/judges ruled by the BBC does it really matter.
    After all it is only a T.V. program and it will always have a bit of manipulation especially in the training room V.T's because it is after all a family entertainment show.

True, but it does matter when contestants' emotions are being played with. The participants need inner strength to absorb unpleasant and embarrassing personal comments. There are ways to inform hopeless contestants that they are poor dancers in a positive way without humiliating them - i.e. things to eliminate, retain or aim for. The judges should be helping the slebs improve week on week and should always give constructive criticism only.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Its not to do with a conspiracy theory but a fair process, if the public vote for the celeb thats fair not about manipulation by the BBC
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, but it does matter when contestants' emotions are being played with. The participants need inner strength to absorb unpleasant and embarrassing personal comments. There are ways to inform hopeless contestants that they are poor dancers in a positive way without humiliating them - i.e. things to eliminate, retain or aim for. The judges should be helping the slebs improve week on week and should always give constructive criticism only.

Too late. Ann Robinson started the rudeness and cruelty. Blame the celebs' agents.
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is going to prove most useful to the Beeb as a winner?
  • Options
    MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing is, I'm always muttering about the over/under marking, but usually at the end of the evening the leaderboard has looked about right.