Options

Robin Cousins an olympic judge- I think not!!

sinbad22uksinbad22uk Posts: 892
Forum Member
✭✭
His judging seems so biased towards certain people and so inconsistent, I used to hate Jason but I think he is the only one at the moment seeing it as it really is.

Jason said that at week 9 it is essential that the required elements get done correctly, two weeks running Daniella has been very very poor onthe required element yet she still managed to get voted through over Mikey who was perfect on the required element.

Now for Cousin's comment "1 spin does not a performance make" well what performance did daniella give ? What did she do on her own ? It is all about her partner picking her up and doing fancy lifts and spins, that his him performing not her.
As Cousin's should know as a so called olympic judge, if you missed your required elements completely your scores would be dire irrespective of the "performance"

I would have preferred Mikey to go through as he is not afraid to try anything unlike Daniella and he is more likeable as the voting has reflected.

I think cousins should have stayed off the show completely he is bland , boring , inconsistent and stubborn in his judging.

Comments

• Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,685
    Forum Member
    But in Olympic judging, don't they look at the two elements separately? Technical merit and artistic interpretation.
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I wanted Robin to save Mikey last night, but I can't deny that overall Daniella deserved to be saved. Mikey is a lovely guy but his skating ability seemed to have been going backwards instead of forwards. It was time for Mikey to go, but I don't think Daniella will be far behind him.
  • Options
    rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not an olympic judge, he's an olympic medal winner who happens to judge a silly little celebrity ice dance show. Take a breath.
  • Options
    GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sinbad22uk wrote: »
    His judging seems so biased towards certain people and so inconsistent, I used to hate Jason but I think he is the only one at the moment seeing it as it really is.

Jason said that at week 9 it is essential that the required elements get done correctly, two weeks running Daniella has been very very poor onthe required element yet she still managed to get voted through over Mikey who was perfect on the required element.

I never watch the skate off - I can't bear all that tension - so I can't say. But maybe Robin thought that, of the two, she had more potential. Or that Mikey couldn't put the hours in with all his other commitments.

I don't know whether he's a judge or not - he was an olympic medal winner and professional skater, so he knows what he's looking for and talking about.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But in Olympic judging, don't they look at the two elements separately? Technical merit and artistic interpretation.
    Even if that were true, why would it matter? They add the two together so that there's one total.

(Seeing the programme components as artistic impression is a bit questionable, though.)
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    but as he said whilst saving daniella nailing the required element does cover the amount of a whole routine
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    but as he said whilst saving daniella nailing the required element does cover the amount of a whole routine

OK, then call it 'the do it if you want to' element. Surely by having a required element it gives the judges an opportunity to see how they are all progressing. If they can't or don't do the required element then they should be marked down. Robin is wrong imo.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, then call it 'the do it if you want to' element. Surely by having a required element it gives the judges an opportunity to see how they are all progressing. If they can't or don't do the required element then they should be marked down. Robin is wrong imo.

But Daniella did do the element in the dance off so basically the required element was done by both of thej Robin preferred Daniella's peformance I can't see the problem

And not just Robibn that can be singled out Gary did not perform his required element yet Nicky gave it 5 - and Hayley did not do her spin in sync doing one more than Dan and still got a 6 off all of them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bendymixer wrote: »
    But Daniella did do the element in the dance off so basically the required element was done by both of thej Robin preferred Daniella's peformance I can't see the problem

And not just Robibn that can be singled out Gary did not perform his required element yet Nicky gave it 5 - and Hayley did not do her spin in sync doing one more than Dan and still got a 6 off all of them

But Hayley's spin wasn't the requred element which was what I was referring to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Hayley's spin wasn't the requred element which was what I was referring to.

:confused: The required element was a solo spin, of at least two revolutions.

Hayley did that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GillT07 wrote: »
    :confused: The required element was a solo spin, of at least two revolutions.

Hayley did that.

She did and so much more, my argument is against those that didn't do it.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did and so much more, my argument is against those that didn't do it.:)

Ok, sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GillT07 wrote: »
    Ok, sorry.

No poblem, we are on the same side:D
  • Options
    BlueSpikeBlueSpike Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Even if that were true, why would it matter? They add the two together so that there's one total.

(Seeing the programme components as artistic impression is a bit questionable, though.)

I think the other poster is referring to RJS, which you probably know had separate technical and artistic marks. Even with IJS however, PCS is weighted towards still being an artistic mark with 3/5 of the components being artistic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww I like Robin, he's the best judge on the panel in my opinion. And he is totally correct, Danniella was much better than Mikey and you cannot just vote somebody out because of 1 spin. That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    JAMESPEARCE91JAMESPEARCE91 Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the comment about Hayley actually but that's another thread! Lol.

In my opinion, Robin was right. Although Mikey's element was better, Daniella's was still good and she managed to pull it off but with both performing their spins albeit one better than the other, you can't just base a whole 90 second performance on that. If Daniella hadn't had tried, done it or had fell over, then Robin would be wrong.