Would you have partnered Hayley with Dan or another pro?

xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Lots of people are saying Hayley shouldn't have been partnered with Dan as it gives her an unfair advantage. Do you think she should of been given someone else to skate with?

I think it's slightly unfair cause she already knows him where as none of the other celeb / pros do. But the main reason I wouldn't of partnered them together is because Dan is due a bad skater where as Fred and Andrei are due a good person like Hayley.

Comments

• reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they've been partnered together, they make a brilliant couple, a joy to watch. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really doubt that in the end, it makes a massive difference. I think Hayley would have did a great job no matter who her partner was. I think she loves Dan to pieces, and therefore is enjoying her experience on the ice so much more....therefore I would never want to take away the reason she loves doing the show so much.

So in a nutshell....I think its an absolutely amazing thing that they are partnered....and their chemistry is one of the main things I love about this years DOI !!!!
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd have put her with Fred, mostly so I could watch Fred for as many weeks as possible and he's never been given a good 'un from the start.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    She certainly had an advantage with already knowing him as she had the trust there already while the other skaters had to build up trust with their pro partners and had to build friendships with each other so yes she did have a slight advantage.

Saying that she is good and whoever her partner was she would have done well anyway.

Some of the pros that always get lumbered with the crap skaters should have maybe got a chance to be with Hayley.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'd probably not have been treated to the same quality of performances which I do think have been enhanced by the close connection Hayley & Dan share, but in the interest of fairness I'd have partnered Hayley with someone else, yes.
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesnt matter who Dan gets though as he always builds up that trust very quickly its just the way he is.
  • Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Doesnt matter who Dan gets though as he always builds up that trust very quickly its just the way he is.
    Yes I agree Tracey he is a great Guy loveable and fun so like hayley they are a match made in heaven,Its the luck of the draw and its not down to any of the contestents who they are drawn against each other,please correct me if I,m wrong ::)hayley to win xx
  • mandyxxxxmandyxxxx Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely with Dan.
    What would be the point in losing the chance of using their familiarity with each other to get better performances out of the pairing?
    It's not about creating a level playing field for each celeb, that's never going to happen given their wildly different backgrounds and talents, it's all about getting the best performances possible for the show.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Dan always gets the Northern based girls - so that's why he was paired with Hayley.

I don't agree with OP by the way that Dan always gets good partners. Gaynor was poor (never understood how she won) as was Linda, Emily had some talent but suffered with the nerves and Roxy was good but not outstanding.

Up until this series Matt had always got a good partner but they put him with Heather & now he's lumbered with Gaynor for the tour.