NTL connection problems today ?

I'm having problems accessing websites, they either takes ages to load or they fail loading, I dont know if its only me or ntl network? can anyone confirm, I'm in Hertfordshire and have 10mbit connection :sleep:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    corona wrote:
    I'm having problems accessing websites, they either takes ages to load or they fail loading, I dont know if its only me or ntl network? can anyone confirm, I'm in Hertfordshire and have 10mbit connection :sleep:

Snap! I'm in York and work from home. Been using NTL in various guises for about 6 years and don't have many issues but today slow...slow..slow with timeouts or blank webpages. Hopefully it'll be sorted by tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a proxy issue. Have you tried the usual workaround? Switching proxy may offer you some relief until the problem's fixed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    looks like its back to normal :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't get to

http://www.imdb.com or imageshack even using different proxies :(
  • dave09dave09 Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    still finding it hit and miss and up and down here in teeside to what will happen when you try to get to a web page or download ...
  • timo_w2stimo_w2s Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the past 24 hours or so I've had horrible speeds on all services (web, pop3, ftp, etc). Speed tests suggest my upstream is 380k (about normal) and downstream is about 200k (I'm on 4mb) but it varies. So I can upload faster than I can download now... it seems quite intermittent too, sometimes connections slow right down and time out other times they speed up a bit but never to full speed.

I've had a flawless service for many years with NTL up until yesterday. I hope it sorts itself out soon as when I try the support numbers I'm just stuck on hold for ages. I suspect if I do get through to "NTL India" it won't be of any use anyway...
  • fishywikfishywik Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry you've been having problems. I think it must be local network issues as everything has been fine all day here in Rochdale, Manchester.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speeds have improved this morning so hopefully things are going back to normal.
  • magneticbluemagneticblue Posts: 1,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant get to my email on the ntl homepage
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This may help, from the NTL service status page:

Some NTL Broadband customers may see a blank page when trying to access the Ntlworld Home page. This is currently being investigated, please accept our appologies for any inconvienance caused.

An alternative access to webmail can be found at http://webmail.ntlworld.com

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 'service' is going really slow at the minute and has done since about 3pm

Not sure why NTL are offering 50mb when they don't seem to be able to run 4mb properly.

Its not a proxy problem as far as I can tell because its loading the pages just really really really slowly. I've tried different proxies and its still just chuffing along.

Trying to stream a video is taking ages too.
  • magneticbluemagneticblue Posts: 1,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timo_w2s wrote:
    This may help, from the NTL service status page:

Some NTL Broadband customers may see a blank page when trying to access the Ntlworld Home page. This is currently being investigated, please accept our appologies for any inconvienance caused.

An alternative access to webmail can be found at http://webmail.ntlworld.com

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/

thanks for that web page, i can get to my email now
    :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 'service' is going really slow at the minute and has done since about 3pm

Not sure why NTL are offering 50mb when they don't seem to be able to run 4mb properly.

Its not a proxy problem as far as I can tell because its loading the pages just really really really slowly. I've tried different proxies and its still just chuffing along.

Trying to stream a video is taking ages too.

You need to report a fault. There is a 'slow broadband' category.. There is a weekly review of Slow Broadband Tickets and these can result in specific upgrades if enough complaints are recieved.

Zen
  • jmezjmez Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I'm going very slow at the mo also, I live near Lichfield/Stafford.. some pages load faster than others but its crawling along, has been since yesterday.

should i call them? its usually a solid, stable quick connection
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    Same for me for the past two days. Takes ages to connect to the websites, but when it does the pages load as quickly as normal. Just do a google search for "ntlworld proxies" and change your browser connection settings.
  • jmezjmez Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    mine appears to be back to normal on return this evening...