BT to drop 1471 Extra

2»

Comments

• Options
    John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heinz wrote:
    As you use an Orchid, I don't know whether you might want to consider a few more routing rules (amongst other things, I've just added a bar on 1571 on mine - it's not shown in that link because some people still use it - to stop anyone just dialling it and switching it on again).

After reading about this box here I ordered their V4 this afternoon (using the 3 discount code I read about on the MSE site).
    I got it to save me having to dial (and my daughters forgetting to) 18866 and my STD code all the time for local calls.
    Tonight I realised I never use 18866 for calls to a mobile...so does this mean using the V4 it will dial 18866 before every call now?
    I use BTs call diversion to divert my home phone no to my mobile when I'm out.
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Tonight I realised I never use 18866 for calls to a mobile...so does this mean using the V4 it will dial 18866 before every call now?
    No, YOU program it to route calls however you want.

I'd suggest THIS though.
  • Options
    poppasmurfpoppasmurf Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading about this box here I ordered their V4 this afternoon (using the 3 discount code I read about on the MSE site).
    I got it to save me having to dial (and my daughters forgetting to) 18866 and my STD code all the time for local calls.
    I use BTs call diversion to divert my home phone no to my mobile when I'm out.

Why not just use 18185 for all mobile, landline 01/02, and 0870, 0871 and 0845 numbers. 01/02 and 08 numbers cost the same as 18866, and mobiles much less at 6p per minute weekdays and 2p per minute weekends. :)

PS. HEINZ, your routing above takes you to a Sky Digibox repair site. OOpps.
  • Options
    John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppasmurf wrote:
    Why not just use 18185 for all mobile, landline 01/02, and 0870, 0871 and 0845 numbers.

I would if I could divert my BT Landline to my 02 mobile...but as has been pointed out you can't divert to another network using BT Call Divert.
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    poppasmurf wrote:
    PS. HEINZ, your routing above takes you to a Sky Digibox repair site. OOpps.
    I wonder how I managed that?

What I must've meant was, I'd suggest THIS though.