frankie boyle exposed as a racist

Comments

• bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when did management or HR have any brains either?
    They will stick up for the most stupid of their employees.

They pay our wages. Moreover, trade unions too, adhere to diversity principles, and if someone complained because of FB type racist jokes, the person making them might have a lot of explaining to do.

Just seems to me that it's OK for FB to say them, and he is allowed as much context as he likes. But I'd bet that if many of the FB supporters on here heard colleagues at work cracking the same jokes, they'd be down on them like a ton of bricks.

I'd actually lay money that I'm right on that one.
    If there really are people that stupid around they are probably the ones who never complain about anything until they see a newspaper spread about it .

I'm thinking chiefly of kids who might go on to use the N & P words at school. Plus you can't expect everybody around to be as sophisticated as many on here.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What boils my piss is the way a tory MP is putting on the mock politically correct indignation when it is exactly his bunch that are the target of Frankies satire.

Of course.

But then if one enjoyed the comedy of Jim Davidson ect. would one hesitate to turn the tables on those who got rid of JD but still enjoy Frankie Boyle, when the opportunity arose?

Seems like a case of being hoist by your own petard. FB will eventually be banned from TV.

If it was never acceptable to tell people who objected to JD to turn over, I see no reason why that defense should be used for FB.

And before you jump, I've never watched either. And yes I do appreciate that FB was being satirical but it's not going to work as an excuse.
  • spoonfulofsensespoonfulofsense Posts: 2,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To add some balance and prove he aint racist ,this one of Frankie best jokes on MTW...

"Nick Griffin was one of two boys to attend an all girls school. Now, I'm going to play amateur psychologist and suggest the other boy was incredibly good with the ladies, and black"
  • SeanHunterSeanHunter Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To add some balance and prove he aint racist ,this one of Frankie best jokes on MTW...

"Nick Griffin was one of two boys to attend an all girls school. Now, I'm going to play amateur psychologist and suggest the other boy was incredibly good with the ladies, and black"

Well with that "proof" :confused::D:confused: that's Nick Griffin dealt with then isn't it?

So what would the same amateur psychologist say about Frankie's obsession with rape and paedophilia?
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    They pay our wages. Moreover, trade unions too, adhere to diversity principles, and if someone complained because of FB type racist jokes, the person making them might have a lot of explaining to do.

Just seems to me that it's OK for FB to say them, and he is allowed as much context as he likes. But I'd bet that if many of the FB supporters on here heard colleagues at work cracking the same jokes, they'd be down on them like a ton of bricks.

I'm thinking chiefly of kids who might go on to use the N & P words at school. Plus you can't expect everybody around to be as sophisticated as many on here.

Wont somebody please think of the children!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.... :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    Wont somebody please think of setting a reasonable example to children!!!!!!!!!!!

There, I fixed your quote for you ;)
  • AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk1983 wrote: »
    You're exactly the kind of cretin who complained about Chris Morris' satirical masterpiece, Brasseye, aren't you?

SATIRE, mate, SATIRE.

Please don't compare Frankie Boyle to Chris Morris. What Frankie Boyle does is not satire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Wont somebody please think of the children!!!!!!!!!!!

The program is on late at night, after the watershed, has a shed load of warnings too.

Kids should, quite simply, not be watching it.
    Forum Member
    The program is on late at night, after the watershed, has a shed load of warnings too.

I agree - I was going for (and I think missed) sarcasm... :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh.....does that mean they don't, CK ? :confused:
    Forum Member
    There, I fixed your quote for you ;)

It's not the comedians job to protect children from a program on late at night with warnings before it though.

If parents are letting children watch it that's who the fault lies with - not FB.

Edit to add - some channels (I'm told) show films with naked ladies late at night - do we ban them in case the children watch that as well?
  • cloudfactorycloudfactory Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the only jokes this scumbag can do are ones about murder victims, disabled kiddies and cheap racist shite, how low can he go?

cobblers. the stuff he came out with was hilairious. so what if a few people are offended? who cares? its funny and thats that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the comedians job to protect children from a program on late at night with warnings before it though.

If parents are letting children watch it that's who the fault lies with - not FB.

Well that's as maybe, but it doesn't negate what I said about the possible adverse influence on kids who do happen to run a FB sky plussed programme, or whatever.
  • grahamcrowdengrahamcrowden Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If we decided to make sure that everything on film and tv was so perfect that it wouldn't offend anyone or that kids seeing it might possibly go and say the wrong thing we might as well shut the country down.

Luckily Ofcom and those in charge of broadcasting treat adults as having a bit of intelligence rather than any employer who might worry about getting sued and jump on the PC bandwagon rather than telling the employee to shut up and get a life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're taking the piss, aren't you? You know damned well that kids who use offensive language generally do so because they've been hearing such from their parents. My parents used to have Dolemite, Moms Mabley, Pigmeat Markham, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy and Redd Foxx records around the house and they'd play them. I never repeated any of the material, and I can't explain how raunchy it is. If you are not familiar with the first 3, Google them.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie Boyle exposed as a shit comedian more like. He's a complete knobend and as funny as a dose of the clap.
    Forum Member
    Well that's as maybe, but it doesn't negate what I said about the possible adverse influence on kids who do happen to run a FB sky plussed programme, or whatever.

But that risk exists with any show or film. That side of thing should be up the parents to protect kids from otherwise we ban everything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SeanHunter wrote: »
    Well with that "proof" :confused::D:confused: that's Nick Griffin dealt with then isn't it?

So what would the same amateur psychologist say about Frankie's obsession with rape and paedophilia?

FB knows that the Daily Mail brigade are obsessed with both subjects and that jokes on either subject will bring outrage from them so part of his act is to ridicule those who fall for it - like you and so many others have.
  • frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
    Forum Member
    I don't get why people who are so offended by it....carry on watching it.....then complain?!

It's already been shown....what will complaining about it do??

People in this country have FAR too much time on their hands to complain about tv shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're taking the piss, aren't you? You know damned well that kids who use offensive language generally do so because they've been hearing such from their parents.

Oddly enough, no, I'm definitely not taking the piss. Kids have taken their lead off TV personalities for decades. There's no reason to assume any different now.

As for their parents, I'd imagine many who are FB fans would be quite happy to both use offensive language themselves, and not bother about their kids using it. Don't imagine for one millisecond that most of them are as erudite and thoughtful as you are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes , why don't we make sure that all material is U rated 24 hours a day to make up for those who don't take reasonable responsible care of their kids .

We've already spent 13 years with Labour doing their best to make losers , dossers scroungers and other tide marks on society look for somewhere to pass the buck instead of taking responsibilty for their own actions and lives.

Fortunately we've moved on this year so making all films and tv suitable for 8 year olds is not on the agenda

Your unrealistic suggestions make you out as being the reincarnation of Mary Whitehouse
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie Boyle exposed as a shit comedian more like. He's a complete knobend and as funny as a dose of the clap.

LOL ~ very true :D
    But that risk exists with any show or film. That side of thing should be up the parents to protect kids from otherwise we ban everything.

True, of course. But I think there are double standards at play here. Either we are serious about racist language, or we don't give a shit. If we care, then we don't allow some second rate comedian to spout racist BS as jokes on national TV, whilst roundly condemning it on football terraces.

Which is it to be ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oddly enough, no, I'm definitely not taking the piss. Kids have taken their lead off TV personalities for decades. There's no reason to assume any different now.

As for their parents, I'd imagine many who are FB fans would be quite happy to both use offensive language themselves, and not bother about their kids using it. Don't imagine for one millisecond that most of them are as erudite and thoughtful as you are.

Cobblers. I listen to hardcore gangsta rap-- NWA, Ice-T, Too $hort, to name a few. I also listen to stuff like NIN (Closer being one of my most favourite songs ever written) and not for one minute do I allow the child that can speak to use naughty language. Me? I cuss like a sailor, but that's what years of working in the press does to you. However, I censor myself in front of the kiddies, because some stuff just isn't allowed. I'm happy to be a hypocrite because hypocrites, in many cases, make good parents. I think there's a huge difference in a bit of effing and jeffing, and using racist language to hurt another person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL ~ very true :D

True, of course. But I think there are double standards at play here. Either we are serious about racist language, or we don't give a shit. If we care, then we don't allow some second rate comedian to spout racist BS as jokes on national TV, whilst roundly condemning it on football terraces.

Which is it to be ?

If you really can't tell the difference between the two you shouldn't be up so late watching it;)

Comedians use the F word and C word all the time - do they use it in normal daily life ?
    Probably not as often and not in Tescos :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do people here not realize there is no legal or moral mandatory obligation for one to watch anything on the television? :confused:

I'm honestly starting to wonder if people know this....