DS Forums

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Old 16-03-2015, 22:44
wizzywick
Forum Member

The only social media site Madonna uses is instagram, so you're best bet would be open an account and then post a picture of the poem and then tag Madonna in the picture so she might see it. You should definitely try... the poem's so good
Thanks for the compliment. I'm a bit wary about social media, the prospect of using it makes me uncomfortable. Opening the account is one thing (don't you need a smartphone - would a Windows Phone work?), but "tagging" is another. How would I know it was a genuine "tag" and it was really Madonna?
wizzywick is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-03-2015, 23:09
jammygirl
Forum Member

Oh no i'm maybe not the best person to help you with this but i'll try my best

Yes a windows phone will work fine...anything you can access the internet on.

Madonna's official instagram account is here
and she has said she manages it herself.
When you upload the photo you have two options either tag Madonna in the photo - you are given the option to 'tag' people in the photo when you upload it- if you just type in 'Madonna' the first option that comes up is her official account (the photo at the moment is the deluxe album cover)
Or send it to her direct - (I think you might need to already be following her on instagram to do that) but just skip over the tagging photo option and you have the choice of either sending the photo to your 'followers' or 'direct' select the latter and then just type in Madonna again.
Either way there's no guarantee she will read it because I would imagine she gets sent a lot but you never know, might be worth a try if you have 10 minutes free

Hope this makes sense and it's not too much of a ramble!
jammygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 23:16
wizzywick
Forum Member

Oh no i'm maybe not the best person to help you with this but i'll try my best

Yes a windows phone will work fine...anything you can access the internet on.

Madonna's official instagram account is here
and she has said she manages it herself.
When you upload the photo you have two options either tag Madonna in the photo - you are given the option to 'tag' people in the photo when you upload it- if you just type in 'Madonna' the first option that comes up is her official account (the photo at the moment is the deluxe album cover)
Or send it to her direct - (I think you might need to already be following her on instagram to do that) but just skip over the tagging photo option and you have the choice of either sending the photo to your 'followers' or 'direct' select the latter and then just type in Madonna again.
Either way there's no guarantee she will read it because I would imagine she gets sent a lot but you never know, might be worth a try if you have 10 minutes free

Hope this makes sense and it's not too much of a ramble!
Aww thanks. Very kind of you to go to the trouble to help an old codger like me! I will copy the instructions and paste it in my documents. Thank you. If I do send it to her I will let you know how I get on.
Old 17-03-2015, 09:17
wizzywick
Forum Member

Here's a neat way to get people buying Rebel Heart: go on, try it, I dare ya!

https://igcdn-videos-e-14-a.akamaihd...15038669_n.mp4
Old 17-03-2015, 18:03
Living4Love
Forum Member

Some slips from Ellen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2UW3t8Rn5s

She is so relaxed with Ellen. You can tell they like each other alot.

Also another Living For Love performance. Same as on Jonathan Ross but worth posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pii11xlccGw

We should get more clips soon I think.

Whoop here is another I just found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyYtAtNrWog

Its Madonna week on Ellen so we are in for a treat!
Living4Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 21:20
Scotty2012
Forum Member

I get the impression that she's softened and doesn't seem as tense as she used to appear.
Scotty2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 23:34
boysforpele
Forum Member

so wish unapologetic bitch or devil pray was the lead single

they both have their own identity ......

whereas living for love has shades of previous Madonna tracks just like GGW did.

Ideally

lead single - unapologetic bitch or devil pray

promo singles - bitch I'm madonna (with remix ep)
- illuminati (with remix ep)

2nd single - ghosttown or joan of arc
3rd Single - Rebel Heart ft guest vocalists
4th Single - Hold Tight
5th Single - Messiah (orchestral version)

Yes 5 singles!!! forget chart positions ...just promote the album, music and artistry!
boysforpele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:47
Living4Love
Forum Member

Such a shame so many Madonna fans have left the forum. I can't blame them tho!
Old 08-04-2015, 18:23
Rob1985
Forum Member

Such a shame so many Madonna fans have left the forum. I can't blame them tho!
What's happened?
Rob1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 18:38
wizzywick
Forum Member

What's happened?
It always happens. Interest wanes once a new album is released, the desire to discuss it with other fans sort of diminishes. There is nothing new to talk about at the moment, although I do think the Ghosttown video is visually stunning. What is apparent is that Madonna isn't as resented as some believe. There is enthusiasm in the Madonna Favourite Album thread and not all contributors are regular fans. I will visit this thread from time to time, I will be interested to learn views from those attending her concert in December.
Old 09-04-2015, 22:12
Achtung
Forum Member

To each their own. Madonna herself said she's like a cockroach and would be here still after a nuclear bomb. Maybe that's where she got the inspiration for Ghosttown from!
Achtung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:33
MissAyrshire
Forum Member

She performed Bitch I'm Madonna on Jimmy Fallon
MissAyrshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:45
Living4Love
Forum Member

To each their own. Madonna herself said she's like a cockroach and would be here still after a nuclear bomb. Maybe that's where she got the inspiration for Ghosttown from!
Yeah its not that interest isn't there but being told you are wrong for liking something is enough to stop coming back to discuss it.

I would never be a sheep loving something one moment and branding it some of her best work because it seemed popular then disregarding it as some of her worst the second the people on Drowned Madonna go into meltdown mood about the fact it hasn't sold well. I think Madonna has some of the most ungrateful fans on the net.
Old 10-04-2015, 14:15
wizzywick
Forum Member

Yeah its not that interest isn't there but being told you are wrong for liking something is enough to stop coming back to discuss it.

I would never be a sheep loving something one moment and branding it some of her best work because it seemed popular then disregarding it as some of her worst the second the people on Drowned Madonna go into meltdown mood about the fact it hasn't sold well. I think Madonna has some of the most ungrateful fans on the net.
I'm getting sick of these comments that are clearly aimed at me. Either accept my viewpoint or shut up. I have never ever criticised you or anyone for having an opinion. I have never said Rebel Heart is her worst work. I have merely said I don't think it's as good as I initially believed it to be. I couldn't care less about how well it sells. Despite what you think. Enough. I regard you as a nice person in general and enjoy reading your posts. But people do and will change their minds. I loved Hard Candy when it first came out too. I don't like it much now though.
Old 11-04-2015, 17:07
Derek Faye
Forum Member

I'm obsessed with Madonna. That is all.
Derek Faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 18:35
wizzywick
Forum Member

I'm obsessed with Madonna. That is all.
Bless you for your honesty. She is so iconic that I sense you are not alone.
Old 16-04-2015, 09:31
tq21
Forum Member

Don't know if any of you watch the soaps but 'Living for Love' was playing in the background of both Corrie & Emmerdale last night, would have been better had they been played a month or so ago.
tq21 is offline   Reply With Quote