Options

I Bet The Jeff Buckley lot are feeling a little silly RIGHT NOW!

delectabledelectable Posts: 1,140
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Their group only got 85,000 sales last year and RATM did more than in one day lol!

92,000 is the 2nd largest download in Europe in ONE day behind Alexandra Burke! :eek:

Comments

• Options
    markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet there laughing because at least they got a haunting classic for there money, not a travesty of a song that 99% of the buyers won't play again
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    markmc2k5 wrote: »
    I bet there laughing because at least they got a haunting classic for there money, not a travesty of a song that 99% of the buyers won't play again
    A travesty? :confused: KITN is a great song. And I personally have definitely played it a lot more than once. ;)

And at least the song was written by the band, unlike the Buckley song, or the x Factor song, which are both covers.
  • Options
    FERAL SHARKEYFERAL SHARKEY Posts: 3,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wasnt it the first anti x factor campaign though ?
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least they got a good song out of it. I suspect many buyers of that song last year simply liked the song and went and looked for it on Google. Lots of songs performed on X Factor jump up the charts (like Don't Stop Believing this week).

I'd suspect many of the RATM lot will feel silly in 10 years when they remember flocking around Facebook to buy a song (regardless of whether or not they liked it) just because it was going to #1.
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    At least they got a good song out of it. I suspect many buyers of that song last year simply liked the song and went and looked for it on Google. Lots of songs performed on X Factor jump up the charts (like Don't Stop Believing this week).

I'd suspect many of the RATM lot will feel silly in 10 years when they remember flocking around Facebook to buy a song (regardless of whether or not they liked it) just because it was going to #1.

I suspect they would think that it is a great laugh... That's how I'm looking at it... Come its Christmas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    According to The Matthew Wright Show, it was created by the same people who did last years campaign. Their names are Tracy and Jon Morter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to The Matthew Wright Show, it was created by the same people who did last years campaign. Their names are Tracy and Jon Morter.

I thought it had be established that the campaign was started by an A+R man at Sony? Or is that a vicous lie?!
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toby4000 wrote: »
    I thought it had be established that the campaign was started by an A+R man at Sony? Or is that a vicous lie?!

Indeed it is a vicious lie.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does every thread have to be about RATM?
    I mean everyone gets it, buy RATM. We don't need to hear about it 24/7
  • Options
    major wintersmajor winters Posts: 340
    Forum Member

I'd suspect many of the XFactor lot will have forgotten all about the pish that that show spawned in 10 years. At least when I look back in 10 years time, I will be contented that I contributed to the fall of the scourge of the british music industry.
  • Options
    astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    30Seconds wrote: »
    Why does every thread have to be about RATM?
    I mean everyone gets it, buy RATM. We don't need to hear about it 24/7

I'm going to create a thread about them tomorrow. You inspired me to do so with your whinging.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd suspect many of the XFactor lot will have forgotten all about the pish that that show spawned in 10 years. At least when I look back in 10 years time, I will be contented that I contributed to the fall of the scourge of the british music industry.

I think you've got your hopes up a bit if you think this is going to change the music industry.

It's hardly a fall, more a little sting.

Even if Joe isn't #1 this week, he will be next week.
  • Options
    major wintersmajor winters Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I think you've got your hopes up a bit if you think this is going to change the music industry.

It's hardly a fall, more a little sting.

Even if Joe isn't #1 this week, he will be next week.

Well then I suppose i'll have to hope natural selection finally kills off all the devolved disgraces that actually buy this tripe.
  • Options
    Adam LawAdam Law Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus the expense of the Rage song is pennies so if it doesn't win were not exactly gonna be in debt!

If it does get to number 1, we're all feel like we're part of something, surely that's what Christmas is about? :S
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Probably because that Buckley song (that he actually nicked of Leonard Cohen anyway), is a huge steaming turd :D
  • Options
    DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I feel a bit insulted when somebody tells me that I bought a song I don't like. This is a sweeping generalisation and is total rubbish. I bought KITN AFTER listening to it, and liked it. If the campaign was for a song by Nickelback, I'd avoid it like the plague because I think they're a terrible band. Why is it so hard to accept that people who buy KITN are doing so because they actually like the song? It sounds to me like a bunch of pathetic excuses from sore X Factor fans. :rolleyes: Personally I think it's been a brilliant choice of song, and an excellent campaign that shows just how great people power is in the face of the commercial giant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Surely the exact thing could be said for the X factor song just replace "RATM" with Joe and "Facebook" with "TV Show" :rolleyes:

And you talk as if KITN is a new song? It's 17 years old and still remains as (if not more) loved. ;)
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well then I suppose i'll have to hope natural selection finally kills off all the devolved disgraces that actually buy this tripe.
    DuckSeason wrote: »
    I feel a bit insulted when somebody tells me that I bought a song I don't like. This is a sweeping generalisation and is total rubbish. I bought KITN AFTER listening to it, and liked it. If the campaign was for a song by Nickelback, I'd avoid it like the plague because I think they're a terrible band. Why is it so hard to accept that people who buy KITN are doing so because they actually like the song? It sounds to me like a bunch of pathetic excuses from sore X Factor fans. :rolleyes: Personally I think it's been a brilliant choice of song, and an excellent campaign that shows just how great people power is in the face of the commercial giant.
    Surely the exact thing could be said for the X factor song just replace "RATM" with Joe and "Facebook" with "TV Show" :rolleyes:

And you talk as if KITN is a new song? It's 17 years old and still remains as (if not more) loved. ;)

Don't rise to it. C14E is Cowell's biggest fan.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member

Exactly. The x-factor is already a joke to some people, imagine how bad it'll look in 10 years.

RATM on the other hand, still have a large underground following today, 17 years after their debut album was released, and it's still considered a classic by many critics and fans alike. No x-factor wanabes can claim that (yet).

I wonder if we will still be talking about Joe in 17 years time? :D
  • Options
    AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    I wonder if we will still be talking about Joe in 17 years time? :D

Nobody will be talking about him in 7 years time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    AppleTango wrote: »
    Nobody will be talking about him in 7 years time.

7 months anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBHM wrote: »
    7 months anyone?

I won't be talking about him in 7 minutes. :D

Damn, that was terrible.
  • Options
    TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOL if they actually remember it in 10yrs i'd be betting on them laughing about it rather than feeling silly - its hardly earth shattering spending less than a pound to download a song.

To be honest I think its more likely those buying the Joe song will be more embarassed that they bought that song what was it called 10yrs ago. XF winners singles aren't exactly songs that are memorable.
  • Options
    TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't rise to it. C14E is Cowell's biggest fan.

Yes I have suspected for sometime C14E is either the high waisted one himself or possibly Max Clifford, an employee, the ageless Sinitta or maybe one of the other numerous exs. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's not just because it's going to #1. But is undoubtedly influenced by an attachment to the act as a result of 10 weeks on tv.
    Tigerpaws wrote: »
    LOL if they actually remember it in 10yrs i'd be betting on them laughing about it rather than feeling silly - its hardly earth shattering spending less than a pound to download a song.

To be honest I think its more likely those buying the Joe song will be more embarassed that they bought that song what was it called 10yrs ago. XF winners singles aren't exactly songs that are memorable.

I said silly, not stupid. People laugh at silly things they did in the past, so I'd agree there.
    Tigerpaws wrote: »
    Yes I have suspected for sometime C14E is either the high waisted one himself or possibly Max Clifford, an employee, the ageless Sinitta or maybe one of the other numerous exs. :D

Hardly. While we may have disagreed that Leon Jackson was a talent who could have been a star given the right management, I have plenty of criticisms not least this years predictable winners single after last years slightly more interesting (albeit controversial) choice. A better song and Joe would be off to a better start. Even ignoring the chart, it isn't selling that well and it seems clear Cowell chose the wrong song.