Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 3)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
Administrator
CLL Dodge wrote: »
Nightmare [1964]. Director: Freddie Francis

6/10

Generic Hammer psycho thriller with customary plot twists.

Sexy Beast [2000]. Director: Jonathan Glazer

7/10

Ben Kingsley, Ray Winstone & Ian McShane battle to be the hardest hard man.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1111878

Comments

• Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Death at a Funeral

US 2010 version.

Basically the same as the UK version. Even the midget is played by the actor!

5/10
    • Options
      Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
      Forum Member
      In Bruges

Nice try, but it also felt like it was trying too hard to be a cult favourite or something - every line quotable etc.

Some amusement along the way, but not as much as some would have you believe. 6/10

Paradise Lost

Photogenic tourists in old, urban myth inspired horror. Takes ages to get going and even when it does it's not that good.

Rule of cinema: if the villian knocks off one his own men just to show the audience how nasty/psycho he is, the film will never amount to more than 5/10
    • Options
      Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Halloween ( 2007)
      6/10

If you close your eyes when Malcolm McDowell was speaking, you'd think it was John Hurt !
    • Options
      Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Police Academy 3

Love these movies and haven't seen them in years and with Sky showing all 7 today in the middle of watching them all.

7/10
    • Options
      mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
      Forum Member
      Watching Bend It Like Beckham at the moment. Haven't seen it for a while. :) Good film. :D
    • Options
      VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ju-On: The Grudge

VERY creepy
    • Options
      Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Fame-God forgot how alwlful this film was! Funny bad...4/10
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Four Lions.
      It made me laugh, think and made me a little bit sad. But mostly it just made me laugh. Brilliant, clever and very very funny. :)
    • Options
      SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
      Forum Member
      School of Life. Currently working through the oeuvre of one Ryan Reynolds. :D:o
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Superman Returns

Superman FTW!! Can't beat him!

7/10
    • Options
      myssmyss Posts: 16,528
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      This Is It
      2009 - the film on the run-up to what would have been Michael Jackson's final concert.

I'm no fan of MJ but this showed him in a different way to the always tired, always turning up late, dancers annoyed with him person that some newspapers painted him as. I would have been pissed to paid cinema prices to see what looked like a behind scenes documentary but as it was shown on Sky 1 last night, it was quite an interesting look of the work that everyone did for the concert. And of course a great musician showing that he definitely knew his music and his moves too. 7/10
    • Options
      jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The Girl next door. 7/10

Very sad and based on a true story.:cry:
    • Options
      grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
      Forum Member
      The Good The Bad and the Weird: 4/5

Entertaining Korean homage to spaghetti/Leone Westerns :) Really enjoyed it :D
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,478
      Forum Member
      Ghost In The Shell. Great manga film :)
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The Butterfly Effect 5/10. Pretty daft, and needed a stronger lead actor.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Street Kings. I watched it with subtitles and counted all the f-words:D There's 121:)
    • Options
      Kittycat73Kittycat73 Posts: 2,958
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Wind Chill

Horror/chiller.

Starts out a little slowly. fantastic in the middle, made me jump loads! I've watch a lot of horror films and don't usually jump. There was no outright gore, but some very creepy looking people.
      Film was really building the tension nicely but then just comes to the woosiest ending ever. Along the lines of it was just a dream and them they all woke up and lived happily ever after. (Just to be clear, that wasn't a spolier, it isn't a dream in the film overall.) Lots of unanswered questions. It felt like there was no big battle to defeat the 'baddie' or come to a conclusion.
      Dissaponting. :( Gets the score just for the middle section.)

5/10
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Panic room
    • Options
      GortGort Posts: 7,467
      Forum Member
      Ladies in Lavender

Two old sisters (Judy Dench and Maggie Smith) living beside the shores of Cornwall discover a foreign, young, injured man washed up onto the shores. While looking after him, one of them develops a crush on him, bringing her into conflict with her sister. However, he soon gets interest from a younger woman who can speak his language, which just complicates matters. Quite an endearing tale, although it does meander at times.
    • Options
      brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Salt. 7/10

Fairly routine thriller, a bit predictable and a bit implausible. It gains a good half-point by having a woman as the protagonist.
    • Options
      JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The Northerners (De noorderlingen) (1992) 7/10
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
      Forum Member
      Blade Runner 9.5/10

Wow 21 years of life and i hadn't seen Blade Runner before!i was missing out :p thought it was amazing. Definately my kind of film. Kept me riveted throughout
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Enchanted

Lovely Disney movie. Not as good as the best Disney movies, but definitely up there near the top. I loved it, beautifully magical movie.

9/10

10,000 BC

Wasn't what I thought it would be, but I was pleasantly surprised at what it actually was. Loved the girl's name, Evolet. And the scenes at the pyramids were nothing short of epic, good movie in all.

7/10
    • Options
      nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
      Forum Member
      Scott Pilgrim vs The World

4/10
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
      Forum Member
      After owning it for about six months, I finally watched The Road last night. Enjoyed it thoroughly, very harrowing. The score was beautiful, especially during the voiceover scenes. Must get the soundtrack if there's one available.

9/10
    This discussion has been closed.