Is anyone purchasing an Ipad2 on Friday?

Comments

• MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apple Store is now open to purchase iPads. Downside - dispatched in 2-3 weeks!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impossible to order though, keep getting 'Oops' :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lininjim wrote: »
    Impossible to order though, keep getting 'Oops' :(

Same here and when you click on 'check out now' nothing happens! It doesn't take you to the checkout page! :mad:
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I kept getting that initally, then used 1click and it went through.

Though there's the 90minute wait... I'm sure it went through as it gave me the page, but no mentions in the orders or anything, guess I'll have to wait until 2am to see!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I give up. Not ordering online anymore and won't be queueing at stupid o'clock so i'm just gonna leave it for now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's absolutely pants.
    I give up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's absolutely pants.
    I give up.

Told you! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    managed to get to 'Processing' once, then Oops again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    managed to get to 'Processing' once, then Oops again

Mines failed right at the end originally! <_<

But only 30mins or so until I'm sure if it went through xD :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at one point it showed 12 in my basket lol
    one time it emptied my basket then failed but I don't think it's ordered.
    fun start to my birthday eh?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, well after 1 when I tried again just to see if the system was working, I got a message saying it was only 2ipads per person xD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aye me too but there were 12 in my basket, about 5K DOH
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guess they've sold out, the store is down
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guess they've sold out, the store is down

My stores fine?

edit, well not now xD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I've got one , Black 32GB WiFi

We are processing your order and will send you an email confirmation shortly.

Please note that your order is governed by Apple's Sales and Refund Policy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, I just ordered the 'official' way and it went through this time aswell.

My debit won't cover the orders if the 1click did indeed go through, so I assume it'll just reject one of the order. Either with the 2per person either.

Checked bank and money has been put aside! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    No.

And I'm not surprised 25% of iPad2 customers will be iPad owners as that is the whole Apple philosophy. Throw away the old one and buy the new Apple shiny-toy :)

Hey now, I sold mine for $250. 50% off sale for the iPad 2 was hard to pass up! :D
    But to anyone about to order one, don't feel bad at all. I absolutely love it. It's so much lighter and more portable than the last one, I carry it around everywhere to the point where it's the only thing I take besides my iPhone, credit card and university ID. The smart cover's a blast to play with and genuinely makes it a more versatile device. You can prop it up to type, prop it up the other way to watch videos or keep it flat if you're holding it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, I was able to cancel my order. the 1click on I ordered a hour and a half before had a later delivery date compared to my 2nd one. So cancelled the first xD :D

Time for bed xD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't it have been easier to wait a week or two, then pop into the local Apple store where they're likely to have plenty available without waiting in a queue or pre-ordering? I've never understood this getting something first mentality, especially not for the iPad2 which is just a somewhat improved version of the original iPad (and which still has a substandard 1024x768 screen resolution so the user experience might be faster but won't look any better).
  • BobbyDrakeBobbyDrake Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Still haven't decided where I am going to try to get it from. I asked in a few Comet stores and they did tell me their allocation they had received - 13 in one store (although only one 32gb 3G which I want). The other mainly had wi-fi apart from 2 x 64gb 3G which are a bit more than I want to pay. Don't particulary want to queue for hours at the Apple store...
  • ScrolllockScrolllock Posts: 4,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    Wouldn't it have been easier to wait a week or two, then pop into the local Apple store where they're likely to have plenty available without waiting in a queue or pre-ordering? I've never understood this getting something first mentality, especially not for the iPad2 which is just a somewhat improved version of the original iPad (and which still has a substandard 1024x768 screen resolution so the user experience might be faster but won't look any better).

If they are not easily available here in America, Apple's home market, then it isn't reasonable to expect the situation to be any different or better in your market.

The iPad goes to two cpu cores, doubles memory, goes to two gpu cores increasing graphics speed many times over, is reduced in thickness by a 1/3 and is lighter. That is not "somewhat improved."

A "substandard" screen? Are you kidding? That screen is considered in the industry to be one of the finest ever put into a computing device. In terms of breakthroughs in screen technology it is second only to Apple's other fine display, the retina display on the iPhone. Both are ips lcds with fantastic viewing angles, are unbelievably bright, with amazing contrast and both are super sharp.

The slightly higher resolution screen on the Xoom, for example, looks soft, dim and washed out in comparison. There is no comparison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh goody, I get this morning and......I've got two orders in my inbox. Fun.
    Ok logged into my Apple account and I'm showing 3 orders.
    The first one at 12:42 am gah.
    Some phone calls to the 0800 number me thinks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right been on the phone and cancelled two of them so hopefully put a smile on two other peeps faces :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to get an order in at 12:53 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the order I've kept active was 12:42, I wish I'd known then as I could have gone to bed instead of cursing at the keyboard till 2:07! oh joy

ps well done Waffles :)