Options

Is Prison Break worth sticking with?

KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm halfway through watching the first season of Prison Break and so far I'm really enjoying it. Just wondered if anyone could let me know whether it is worth sticking with and renting out the rest of the seasons aswell? :)

Comments

• Options
    jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely worth it. Season 1 and 2 are the best and season 4 is also great. Season 3 is the weakest but still a good watch.
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stick with it.

Seasons 1 and 2 are by far the best. I liked season 3, it was OK at best. Season 4 is good, but IMO starts to get quite predictable as the season progress`.

Deffo stick with it.
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recently re watched the box set and was surprised that I kept watching all the way to the end of season 3 because it was still compelling to watch. It did become ridiculous in season 4 though and I didn't bother with that one.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well since you've started and enjoy the premise, you may as well continue, as its more of the same with characters double crossing each other and a larger conspiracy at work. The intensity and quality does become subdued in season 3 but improves in season 4.
  • Options
    themcqthemcq Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Watch season 1 and 2 and then escape when you can. There is a point in the last few minutes of the last episode of season 2 where it jumps the shark, that's your queue to get off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Definitely

Great show
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I say stick with it. It does lower in quality in season 3 and 4 but its still better than most TV these days!
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have watched one episode of this and without spoilers how can so many episodes seasons be about an escape??!!.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    I have watched one episode of this and without spoilers how can so many episodes seasons be about an escape??!!.

without spoilers:

It isn't :D
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    without spoilers:

It isn't :D
    okay:-)
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I thought seasons 3 & 4 were terrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    Kymberly wrote: »
    I'm halfway through watching the first season of Prison Break and so far I'm really enjoying it. Just wondered if anyone could let me know whether it is worth sticking with and renting out the rest of the seasons aswell? :)

season 1 and 2 are brilliant

3 was a let down but watchable, plus its a shorter series coz of the writers strike.

4 i hated.

but definitely you should watch 1 and 2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Im halfway through season 3 and it is poorer than the first 2 seasons but still a good watch. Season 1 was brilliant!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it would be VERY time consuming but to truly understand and enjoy Prison Break, watch the whole thing twice.

I really liked watching the weekly episodes, but i enjoyed it alot more when i watched it all again, back to back. It's easy to get 'lost' with so much to follow as the seasons progress, but when you don't lose where you are when watching, it makes it ALOT more enjoyable IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowers786 wrote: »
    season 1 and 2 are brilliant, 3 was a let down but watchable, plus its a shorter series coz of the writers strike.

The writers strike ruined this show, the plans they had for season 3 looked great before the strike.
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It most certainly started off very good indeed. Unfortunately it rather quickly went into standard formula mode. My guess is that the original writers left and were replaced by less talented people (i.e. much cheaper). I think the audiences were smaller than they hoped for, but too big to scrap it.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    I say stick with it. It does lower in quality in season 3 and 4 but its still better than most TV these days!

I think there are quite a few current shows that are far better than Prison Break...
    SXTony wrote: »
    Personally, I thought seasons 3 & 4 were terrible.

Agreed. 1 was awesome. 2 wasn't as good, but was lifted up by Mahone (the always excellent William Fichtner). 3 & 4 though? Ugh...
  • Options
    Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowers786 wrote: »
    season 1 and 2 are brilliant

3 was a let down but watchable, plus its a shorter series coz of the writers strike.

4 i hated.

but definitely you should watch 1 and 2.

These are my feelings towards it too - though I do like the ending to season 4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    These are my feelings towards it too - though I do like the ending to season 4.

You didn't see it coming though?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love Prison Break - It is one of the most addictive shows I have ever seen! Definitely stick with it - all the way to the very end... It's a good ending. And as HaloJoe asks above ..I definitely did NOT see it coming!
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loved s1, liked s2, tried s3 and got bored, didn't bother with s4.
  • Options
    jesse_pinkmanjesse_pinkman Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    S1 is excellent, but it gradually gets worse with each series...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Season 1 is superb. The rest are pure excrement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 1 is the best season of any US tv show ive ever seen amazing from start to finish! The rest were rubbish!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that Season 1 is the best and Season 2 is very good. In Season 4, I played the game of 'how many times can someone point a gun at someone' in each episode :D