National Treasure: Book of Secrets

TremseTremse Posts: 864
Forum Member
✭✭
I went to see this today and it was very entertaining, a lot better than many of the reviews around.

It's not the sort of film that leaves a big lasting impression but it's silly and fun - you don't need to think too much just let it entertain you :) I'd give it 7/10

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really didnt like it myself, to stupid and unrealistic

2/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vellocet wrote: »
    Really didnt like it myself, to stupid and unrealistic

2/10
    Unrealistic...erm....Tell me...Whats Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Tomb Raider or any other sci fi/fantasy/action adventure?

Realistic isnt really the word id use...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it, good silly fun. I am curious as to what is on page 47 though:D
  • TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are plans for a National Treasure 3 and a National Treasure 4, so we'll find out about Page 47!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    8/10! great fun!
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,668
    Forum Member
    Saw it today, I agree it wasn't highbrow entertainment but as far as popcorn crunchers go it was great, lots of excitement, car chases and I love that guy who plays Riley the sidekick, he has some great one liners.

I didn't think it was quite as good as the first - the bad guy wasn't quite as evil and the mystery wasn't quite as compelling - but the performances were all good and they all clearly enjoyed making it. And I'm really annoyed that we have to wait for page 47!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    worth watching i guess, shame we got it such a long time after the states did..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    less that 2 months. not long at all. i saw it on opening night in the US! Couldn't wait until it came out here!
  • DarkestHourDarkestHour Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good film, saw it last night.
    How DS gave it 1/5, I'll never know.

Just as good as the first and slightly funnier.
    Admittedly, they did cut some corners with the plot, but it was still enjoyable to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just come back from seeing it. Really enjoyable, pretty much on par with the first one.
    Definately a film to chill out to after a hard day at work (ie. u can leave your brain at the door :))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sfamato wrote: »
    Unrealistic...erm....Tell me...Whats Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Tomb Raider or any other sci fi/fantasy/action adventure?

Realistic isnt really the word id use...

Sorry but that just sounds ridiculous.

You must know the difference between a movie marketted as fantasy, science fiction etc surely?

A movie like Star Trek requires the audience to believe that they are flying about in a spaceship, its the premise of the film, a film like national treasure doesnt expect you to believe the bad guys can travel from New york to London in 5 minutes but you have to, dont see why I have to explain it really :)
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this the other. Thought it was ridiculous! The whole Buckingham Palace sequence and White House sequences were laughable. As was the 'peril' upon the discovery of the golden city, which went on and on and on.

I would advise people to save their money.

(Luckily, it'll didn't cost me anything because I have one of those Unlimited cards.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Which you pay £10.99 a month for...So surely it did cost you money.?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was utter cr*p but I really enjoyed it!

Could someone clear up a couple of points for me?
    Why did the stone have to be wetted with water when there were no clouds? Was it something to do with the sunshine?
    How did they know exactly where to go when they got to Mount Rushmore?

A major suspension of disbelief was required for the
    hiding place for the Book of Secrets. To have a gap in the sequence of numbers in which there's a combination lock who's code is the same number sequence. Most of the library staff had probably read that book!

It was quite a bad film, but saved from complete disaster by the presence of a couple of heavyweight actors - Ed Harris and John Voigt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44,323
    Forum Member
    hehe i enjoyed it, went in a bit sceptical but was forced to watch it sooooo
    although i at didnt and still dont to a degree get why they went on the mish to find that city, it was all fun :D
    "look at the little gold man" haha was my fave line becuase im very childish yes :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Never seen the first one, so I can't compare between the two but i thought it was an entertaining way to spend a couple of hours :)

The sneaking around Buckingham Palace and The White House was also a tad farfetched! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not even remotely interested in this movie. Looks absolutely riciculous!!!! Just waltzing up to the president, and walking into buckingham palace....... sigh
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I went to see this tonight after work and I I thought it was good good mindless fun. The reviews havnt been good for it but I think if you dont take it too seriously then you will enjoy it. It does set it up for a third film and if you believe what you read we will see a few more National Treasure films in the future!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went to see the film today and it was great! nine and a half out of ten (only because in my head Ben and Riley should be together - but Disney won't do that- and because of stupid litle girls kicking my seat the entire time-although thats got nothing to do with the film)
    I loved the first one and worried that the second wouldn't live up to it, but it did.
    It was very funny and I can't wait for more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hadn't anticipated a good film and perhaps got what I expected. Good clean fun, enough action to keep you amused and a credible story. 7/10

Not as bad as some people are making out, perhaps if their expectations weren't so high; they may have enjoyed it more. I am getting to the point that I ignore reviews of a film as they are to flavoured with other people's prejudices and opinions.....so just ignore everything I just said. :D
  • BinBagWerk-RBinBagWerk-R Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Was quite good, I didn't know there was one before it???????????
  • SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane Kruger is in it so that is me sold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    I saw it last week and really enjoyed it