Options

Why does everyone think The Wanted are ugly?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    It's been mentioned loads of times in the media and the general public about how the members of The Wanted are not considered a good looking boyband. I've looked at all 5 members and think they're a rather handsome bunch of lads, however it seems to be that the youngest lad in the band gets the most stick, I actually consider him the second best looking one in the band (behind Tom).

It's because everyone usually always compares them to the cavalcade of twinks that is One Direction.
  • Options
    DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well .. they're not ugly per say, but 2/5 have very strange features. The tall lanky one is really borderline ugly, The lead (Max?) is obviously very fit. And the one with long curly hair just looks like the typical indie type.

But yeah for a boyband they'r enot great.
  • Options
    Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think by boy-band standard they are ugly. They look like a bunch of thugs and the way they behave in general doesn't help. Slagging their peers off constantly doesn't make them"edgy", just moronic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    They're not really my type (expect the curly haired guy) but I prefer them to 1D
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're sort of just average and normal looking really - much like what you'd see on a standard town centre high street.

ETA: The Max fella often looks like he'd be a handful after a couple of drinks and not somebody you'd want to have a row with.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    They aren't ugly in the slightest, but they are pretty average. It's like somebody walked into Topman and just selected the first 5 lads they saw.

I don't mind them, and find their music far more listenable than 1D. Nathan is definitely my favourite :D
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I don't think they are "ugly", but they seem to have an entitled attitude from the few interviews I've seen, and seem like douches.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tfan26 wrote: »
    Looks wise they're average, nothing on JLS's level of hotness.

Now JLS are ugly. Aston's got a nice body but the the only hot one is Marvin.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're sort of just average and normal looking really - much like what you'd see on a standard town centre high street.

I agree with that. They're just ok looking lads, not boyband looking.

I did think Max was good looking but he seems to get less attractive the more I see of him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they are "ugly", but they seem to have an entitled attitude from the few interviews I've seen, and seem like douches.

Exactly .I think they come across horribly ,really arrogant .The type of lads you'd want to avoid on a night out! :eek:
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly .I think they come across horribly ,really arrogant .The type of lads you'd want to avoid on a night out! :eek:

If the blind gossip item is true, one of them is definitely the sort of lad to avoid on a night out ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    If the blind gossip item is true, one of them is definitely the sort of lad to avoid on a night out ;)

Given the antics of the least aesthetically pleasing member of the band*..that blind item is hardly shocking! More like a certainty at some point :p

*Claiming/ admitting to having slept with five girls in one night!
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    A1 were the only really attractive boy band.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    acid rain wrote: »
    A1 were the only really attractive boy band.

I can agree with that!

Ben Adams was my favourite with his curtains hairdo :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Because they are!