Once Upon a Time: Season 4 (US pace)

Comments

• TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see Regina as stupid, but why after finding out you can change your personal timelines (Marion alive) doesn't she just go back and stop her fella getting the chop?.

Job done, no need to mess around with the book.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    I didn't see Regina as stupid, but why after finding out you can change your personal timelines (Marion alive) doesn't she just go back and stop her fella getting the chop?.

Job done, no need to mess around with the book.

She would want a Happy Ending that included Henry.

If she went back and changed her past she would never have had Henry as her adopted son.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regina should have just smited Hood's wife down :p
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was well impressed with Pabbie - like woah

Elsa and esp Anna were just spot on. and i felt their bond and love.

I love Emma, she is my fave and i do hope this season she opens up more and from the way she was in this episode we might just see that esp with Hook.... their is difference to their dynamic and she wants this and them... but needs time. Seems like Be Patient is the new Wait for me and the little kiss :blush: . Hook and him not knowing netflix but his childlike cuteness to agreeing to it lol

I like Regina but she still doesnt realise that she actually murdered Marian in the past which happened to be Robin's wife - i mean she isnt just anyone and to be honest Emma changing the timeline means Regina didnt kill her, and really i think Regina is lucky in that aspect. If Regina wants a happy ending then she needs to take a hard path then thinking she can use ppl and magic to get it, it seems.... and do it without trickery.

This is why i like Hook and the strength he has - always had, he chooses the hard path (though he was never a villian as such or evil and had no magic...) but he chooses a hard path and stays on it in a way and wants to earn his happy ending and be worthy of Emma, and he still there being supportive and by her side...

Frozen parallels
    Hook and Emma and Kristoff and Anna - confronted by a Snow Monster ;) and belief the men have in the ladies

And then the door to door scene of Emma and Regina
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Ratings for the premiere are great: Link

Highest rating for the show since November 4 2012, which was the sixth episode of season two..

A fifth season is looking good already :D
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »

I think when they got a 4th season, a 5th was pretty much locked in because it goes to syndication then and starts to bring in the big money.

Those ratings will obviously help make that decision even easier :)
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    So much hate for the first episode but I loved it!

A grrreat return for OUAT which, let's face it, has never exactly been known for its originality...
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    The rest of the episode could have been crap and I still would have praised it because of the Tale as Old as Time scene with Belle and Gold :D As it happens I really enjoyed the whole episode :D
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love OUAT but the ratings were bound to be high with Frozen joining the show.

The real test is not the premiere but how well (or otherwise) they maintain those numbers.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rest of the episode could have been crap and I still would have praised it because of the Tale as Old as Time scene with Belle and Gold :D As it happens I really enjoyed the whole episode :D

How adorable was that!

Yeah Rumple has done a million awful things and I actually can't really fathom why Belle even looks at him. But they are so adorable together. I can't help but root for them.
  • GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love OUAT but the ratings were bound to be high with Frozen joining the show.

The real test is not the premiere but how well (or otherwise) they maintain those numbers.

Agreed. So many people seem to have been really disappointed with the premiere (overhyped IMO). I fear there will be a real dip next week. :-/
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt a bit meh watching the premiere. I was looking forward to Elsa and co joining but by the time the episode started i was just like "oh elsa's here".

I'm terrible to please these days when it comes to television. I really am

Sean Maguire's acting in the scene when he told Regina he was going to go back to his wife was dreadful.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Ratings for the premiere are great: Link

Highest rating for the show since November 4 2012, which was the sixth episode of season two..

UPDATE: The episode's rating has been adjusted upwards to 10.20 million, making it the highest rated episode since the season two premiere on September 30 2012, and the 10th highest rating in the history of the show overall.

Link
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I liked it. I still haven't watched Frozen but I know enough not to be confused and I know the series will more or less do it's own thing with the characters anyways so it won't matter too much really.

I already like Elsa and don't mind Anna/Kristoff that much either and there was enough of balancing act between them and the Storybrooke lot.

Regina's quest to find the writer is interesting enough. Do villain really deserve a happy ending? er not really. The stuff with her, Marion and Robin was better handled than expected. Not amazing though.

The Belle/Rumple stuff was decent, though they laid it on thick with the Beauty And The Beast sequence. Very thick.

Emma, Hook, Henry, David and Mary Margaret didn't really get much to do in the opening episode.

Snow monster genuinely looked awful. Some of the worst CGI the show has done in a long, long time, 8/10
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know why US pace is in the thread title, it's not like it'll be airing over here. :p
  • pon farrpon farr Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Have been really looking forward to the start of season four and must say it was definitely worth the wait. Not watched Frozen as most Disney musicals leave me cold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend Frozen, its a good movie and you will see why it can and will fit in the show and the parallels and undertones in OUAT from Frozen, all i can say it will help :)
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by the new clip it look like episode 2 is set just after episode 1 ended where Elsa walks out of Mr.Gold's shop, which I think will make more sense as I thought the first episode seemed like a lot was going on and Henry and Mary Margaret were hardly in it. But if might work more seen as a 2 part story like the last 2 episodes of season 3.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Judging by the new clip it look like episode 2 is set just after episode 1 ended where Elsa walks out of Mr.Gold's shop, which I think will make more sense as I thought the first episode seemed like a lot was going on and Henry and Mary Margaret were hardly in it. But if might work more seen as a 2 part story like the last 2 episodes of season 3.
    I thought that new clip was great,
    STOP SAYING LETTERS :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New episode tonight...

Title - White Out

While desperately trying to find her sister Anna, Elsa is startled by Emma and accidentally traps them both inside an ice cave, with the frozen temperature placing Emma’s life in peril. Regina, depressed over her likely breakup with Robin Hood, secludes herself away from the town and Henry, which saddens her son. And with the townspeople considering Mary Margaret their leader, she faces her first leadership task in trying to re-start a generator and restore the town’s electricity after Elsa freezes and damages the power lines. Meanwhile, in the Enchanted Forest of the past, Anna tries to teach a meek David to fight Bo Peep, a brutal warlord who is threatening to take his and his mother’s farm away if they don’t pay her price.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RTE the Irish channel have been showing up to season 2. They started Wonderland double episode last week. So I am expecting them to continue season 3(which I have on boxset) and follow with season 4 at some point.

They show it on a Sunday afternoon.
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bo Peep was a nice diversion.

I'm guessing that was the Snow Queen at the end- I am betting she is Elsa's real mother.

In the film the King and Queen told the trolls she was born with the magic in answer to "born or cursed".

Elsa herself referenced that when she asked Emma the same thing.

Not sure though how Elsa came to be trapped in that jar in Rumple's vault- she did not recognise him from the newspaper, although her focus may have been on the necklace so much that she missed him.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not enjoying the Frozen related stuff. The Sisters and their town are so very cheery and optimistic, it's a bit unnatural to me.

The latest episode was a bit boring but at least they are setting things up.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bo Peep was a nice diversion.

I'm guessing that was the Snow Queen at the end- I am betting she is Elsa's real mother.

In the film the King and Queen told the trolls she was born with the magic in answer to "born or cursed".

Elsa herself referenced that when she asked Emma the same thing.

Not sure though how Elsa came to be trapped in that jar in Rumple's vault- she did not recognise him from the newspaper, although her focus may have been on the necklace so much that she missed him.

Just saw a photo of Prince Hans holding the urn. Looks like they are keeping him devious. I do hope somehow the character is under some spell and can be redeemed. I just love the duet 'love is an open door'. His horse seemed to like him so there is some hope!