Has anyone ever made their own soap?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am currently making EastEnders FanFiction and that has made me wonder... has anyone ever made their own soap?

I don't mean a written one in a forum I mean something filmed or made with a game or various programs... something visual?

I would find it really interesting if someone has done or tried this :)

Comments

• NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read that as "made their own soup"

I'm too tired today!
  • dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have. You need water, caustic soda, vegetable fat and oil, plus essential oil to perfume it. It's a bit messy and it doesn't look like the stuff you buy in supermarkets, but it's fun.
  • HellinglyHellingly Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    I've been writing storylines for my own soap opera for almost 22 years, since I was 9. That's 5 years longer than Hollyoaks! I still dream of selling it to a TV channel :D
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hellingly wrote: »
    I've been writing storylines for my own soap opera for almost 22 years, since I was 9. That's 5 years longer than Hollyoaks! I still dream of selling it to a TV channel :D

Oooo whats it about!? :D
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been writing my soap for 6 years, although recently am re-doing it as it just got out of control. I have written my own character and everything. Although it seems more like a crime drama than anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cool :D

I would love to one day actually film my own soap opera for fun... well it would probably be a series rather than a soap opera but it would be so awesome
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have. You need water, caustic soda, vegetable fat and oil, plus essential oil to perfume it. It's a bit messy and it doesn't look like the stuff you buy in supermarkets, but it's fun.

Beat me to it!:D
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Actually I have, I had to in college as part of my media class. It was awful...I acted (badly) edited the script, co-directed and edited the final footage together. Yeah, it really wasn't good. :o:D
  • HellinglyHellingly Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    Oooo whats it about!? :D

It's set in a Sussex village with a large country park & boating lake. In the early years it centered around a group of teens / twentysomethings working in the local businesses (cafe, garage, village shop), but now focuses on families and all ages.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I've always wanted to write a book/ soap/ whatever. I even joined a Writers Club in the 70's! I just lost interest. I still do it now for fun on a certain forum that I'm in.
    I envy some of these guys that do their stuff on 'You Tube' - some look really professional!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D Or you could just make it out of the fat liposucked out of some rich, fat guys ass then sell it back to him like in Fight Club :D
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does squishing two bars of Lifebuoy toegther back in 1984 count?
  • swanseacragswanseacrag Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I have made my own soap/serial drama! Been doing it for years. Only for fun mind you.

Its called 'Storm', and its main storyline is to do with a nightclub that is run in a popular town. Its to do with the person/persons who run the club, the people who work there, and the people who live in that town.

Various characters, and the odd villan. Most characters are aged between 18 - 25, who are going through various problems in their young life. Lots and lots of drama, the occasional crazy storyline, and big secrets.

It would finish each year at the end of november and take a 2 month break (like home and away), and each year would end with a good cliffhanger.

Here are some examples of the end of year cliffhangers i've done for my little soap (i wont list them all as there are too many, but i'll post a few) -

Series 1 - Craig is terrified for his life after Rhianna spreads lies about him to her crazy brother, and decides to carry a knife for protection. A huge party is underway in the club, but tragedy is rocked when things get out of control, and someone is killed in a shocking showdown

Series 4 - Everyone has a huge celebration at the club for Sarah's Birthday. Meanwhile, heavily pregnant Kirsti is in her flat, worrying about where her boyfriend James has gone, as his behavior has been very strange. Iona offers to give some of the girls a lift home after their night out, but unaware that Iona has been drinking, causing a massive car crash, and a hit and run!

Series 7 - James has finally lost it, and has taken Craig hostage. Everyone else is partying at the club after louise and martins wedding, unaware that a bomb is about to go off. Will Craig be able to save everyone from James's sinister plan?

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made my own one for my Media AS Level - it was called Southern Life and it was your typical cliched soap opera with a load of my friends acting bits out for the trailer I eventually made! Looking back on it now, I just cringe and laugh at the thought of it all! But hey, I got a Grade C for it so it can't have been all bad!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine isn't visual but it is original, albeit on a writing forum!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting to see many people have done their own soaps, I would love to make a soap one day :)
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Yes :o Thought I was the only one. Anybody interested in chatting about it? Personal message me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes :o Thought I was the only one. Anybody interested in chatting about it? Personal message me.

I run a forum doing this kind of thing. It's a simple and friendly place! PM me if you want a link, that goes for anyone else, too. :)
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought about bringing my favourite characters from each soap i watch and new characters into my own big soap
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have made my own soap - I collected all the little left over bits of imperial leather and shield out the bathtub and squashed them together. Et voila one new soap!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have made my own soap - I collected all the little left over bits of imperial leather and shield out the bathtub and squashed them together. Et voila one new soap!!:D

My mum loves imperial leather!! :D
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    I've written the first episode of a half-hour police drama, if that counts. In script form. Almost 40 pages.