Helen Flanagan - Me me me!

Comments

• DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Helen probably really is frustrated that everything she says and does seems to get jumped on. As pointed out, this doesn't happen with everyone and a more popular celebrity might not get treated in the same way.

I think she hopes to show us what she's really like. Contrary to what she thinks, though, I don't think she is very intelligent or deep, and I think she is rather thoughtless in some of her acts. But I don't see any evidence that she is deliberately unkind and I do think she seems rather vulnerable. I think she'd be better shutting up for a bit and getting herself together in private, and care a bit less about what strangers think.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Helen probably really is frustrated that everything she says and does seems to get jumped on. As pointed out, this doesn't happen with everyone and a more popular celebrity might not get treated in the same way.

I think she hopes to show us what she's really like. Contrary to what she thinks, though, I don't think she is very intelligent or deep, and I think she is rather thoughtless in some of her acts. But I don't see any evidence that she is deliberately unkind and I do think she seems rather vulnerable. I think she'd be better shutting up for a bit and getting herself together in private, and care a bit less about what strangers think.

Agreed Dave.

I think she's just a daft lass with no real malice in her, but she doesn't think before she acts. Every time she opens her mouth she seems to put her foot in it, so maybe as you say she needs to keep quiet for a bit and think about her actions when she's in the public eye.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    The words 'burning bridges' spring to mind when reading her thoughts on Corrie. I wonder how long it will be before Rosie returns to the street as a different actress :p
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed Dave.

I think she's just a daft lass with no real malice in her, but she doesn't think before she acts. Every time she opens her mouth she seems to put her foot in it, so maybe as you say she needs to keep quiet for a bit and think about her actions when she's in the public eye.

This^^^^

But she has (cough cough) been diagnosed with Bi-polar apparently. That seems to be the favourite illness of the 'stars' lately and excuses them from whatever they do.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    This^^^^

But she has (cough cough) been diagnosed with Bi-polar apparently. That seems to be the favourite illness of the 'stars' lately and excuses them from whatever they do.

Pre-bipolar it was always dyslexia.:yawn:
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This^^^^

In a nutshell ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    She has the crazed eyes of a mentally unhinged person, i'm sick of seeing her everywhere and for her own good she should go away!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This^^^^

Bi-polar my a*se! :D

As you say greengran they think that's an excuse for bad behaviour. It was PCOS a few years ago, now they're all 'bi-polar'.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As you say greengran they think that's an excuse for bad behaviour. It was PCOS a few years ago, now they're all 'bi-polar'.

The trouble is,there are genuine bi-polar sufferers and dyslexic people about. These silly wanabees who say they have these various conditions make a mockery of those who really do suffer from them.KK an example, her bi-polar comes and goes to suit her.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay so its my fault but I clicked on a DM article just now to see photo after photo of Miss Crazy Eyes entering a nightclub with that blasted, omnipresent mouth pout firmly in place.....is she physically incapable of keeping her top and bottom lip together these days? now I'm even more irritated than ever:mad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2266853/Helen-Flanagan-vamps-favourite-leather-thigh-high-boots-dinner-pal-night-ruined-snobby-people.html

You have been warned....:cool:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So she was papped, tweeted about something later that night and the mail have written an entire article about it ?

Obviously this is a conspiracy by her "team" for 'profile' .. :rolleyes:
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so its my fault but I clicked on a DM article just now to see photo after photo of Miss Crazy Eyes entering a nightclub with that blasted, omnipresent mouth pout firmly in place.....is she physically incapable of keeping her top and bottom lip together these days? now I'm even more irritated than ever:mad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2266853/Helen-Flanagan-vamps-favourite-leather-thigh-high-boots-dinner-pal-night-ruined-snobby-people.html

You have been warned....:cool:

Whatever does she keep in that great big bag?
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see she isn't wearing her engagement ring in the new piccies on the mail site. So, has the footballer got rid ?
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people dislike her so much. From what I've seen on her on TV and everything, yeah she's an attention seeker but she's not actually a horrible person. I've not seen her be horrible to anyone so I don't know why she deserves all this hate.

She's like 22 or something isn't she? She's been a 'star' so to speak since she was a child and probably had everything she wanted in life so I don't really see it being her fault as she doesn't know any different. I just don't understand why so many of you are so spiteful towards her when there's plenty of girls her age who are exactly the same. Like I said before, at least she's not a horrible person to people!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't understand why so many of you are so spiteful towards her when there's plenty of girls her age who are exactly the same. Like I said before, at least she's not a horrible person to people!

I think it's just a by-product of this ultra-cynical world we live in now regarding minor celebrities. There really does seem to be no happy medium for many people. But then Showbiz forum does have previous for "going after" attractive female celebrities as well ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people dislike her so much. From what I've seen on her on TV and everything, yeah she's an attention seeker but she's not actually a horrible person. I've not seen her be horrible to anyone so I don't know why she deserves all this hate.

She's like 22 or something isn't she? She's been a 'star' so to speak since she was a child and probably had everything she wanted in life so I don't really see it being her fault as she doesn't know any different. I just don't understand why so many of you are so spiteful towards her when there's plenty of girls her age who are exactly the same. Like I said before, at least she's not a horrible person to people!

I don't think anyone here has said she IS horrible.

BiB - exactly what I said ^.

She's silly and very ignorant, but that doesn't make her nasty - BUT.....that bloody pout drives me up the wall and a lot of others apparently. :eek:
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone here has said she IS horrible.

BiB - exactly what I said ^.

She's silly and very ignorant, but that doesn't make her nasty - BUT.....that bloody pout drives me up the wall and a lot of others apparently. :eek:

No what I meant was if she was an actual horrible person then I would understand why she was so disliked but she hasn't harmed anyone in anyway, well not with intention anyway. Yeah I'll say she's an attention seeker and ditsy but she doesn't mean any harm by it really does she? You just have to walk down your local high street and see many girls exactly like her but obviously the difference is she's in the public eye and they're not.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's just a by-product of this ultra-cynical world we live in now regarding minor celebrities. There really does seem to be no happy medium for many people. But then Showbiz forum does have previous for "going after" attractive female celebrities as well ..

Can you give tangible examples of attractive female celebs who are unfairly targeted on here 'just' for being attractive?

For example, Imogen Thomas is attractive - but she's also someone who openly targeted married men so is subsequently criticised.

Cheryl Cole is attractive but is criticised for having a mediocre singing voice and for her chequered background.

Myleene Klass is attractive but is hugely bland and very patronising in her approach; for example writing a book for new Mothers like she was the only woman to have ever given birth.

Helen Flanagan - the subject of this thread: A pretty girl, but dozy, vacuous and dense and whose main contribution to society seems to be flopping her norks out and pouting.

Then you have attractive female celebrities like for example Cate Blanchett and January Jones who are relatively liked and not targeted with negativity because they keep themselves to themselves and have a tangible talent.

It's all subjective.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you give tangible examples of attractive female celebs who are unfairly targeted on here 'just' for being attractive?

For example, Imogen Thomas is attractive - but she's also someone who openly targeted married men so is subsequently criticised.

Cheryl Cole is attractive but is criticised for having a mediocre singing voice and for her chequered background.

Myleene Klass is attractive but is hugely bland and very patronising in her approach; for example writing a book for new Mothers like she was the only woman to have ever given birth.

Helen Flanagan - the subject of this thread: A pretty girl, but dozy, vacuous and dense and whose main contribution to society seems to be flopping her norks out and pouting.

Then you have attractive female celebrities like for example Cate Blanchett and January Jones who are relatively liked and not targeted with negativity because they keep themselves to themselves and have a tangible talent.

It's all subjective.

You go girl.:D

The post you answered was typical trouble-making pontification.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No what I meant was if she was an actual horrible person then I would understand why she was so disliked but she hasn't harmed anyone in anyway, well not with intention anyway. Yeah I'll say she's an attention seeker and ditsy but she doesn't mean any harm by it really does she? You just have to walk down your local high street and see many girls exactly like her but obviously the difference is she's in the public eye and they're not.

And therein lies your answer.
    She courts publicity and its never guaranteed to be good.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't say they'd been targeted "just" for being attractive did i ?.

Sure, my statement probably did imply just that, so a little more elaboration probably would have helped, but then I've been reading the Showbiz forum long enough to know that there is a definite pattern - and no, i'm not going to trawl back through years of posts to even attempt to prove it because i'm just making an observation.

but i do agree with you about the subjectivity of it though. whichever female celebrity has caught the eye of the tabloids for some reason will, more often than not, also catch the eye of the showbiz forum for similar reasons.
    You go girl.:D

The post you answered was typical trouble-making pontification.;)

You know you can refer to me directly you know :). As I said, I was merely making an observation - I have no intention of starting trouble.

It is, however, interesting to me how defensive many Showbiz FM's get whenever the notion is suggested though
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted - not worth it
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't say they'd been targeted "just" for being attractive did i ?.

Sure, my statement probably did imply just that, so a little more elaboration probably would have helped, but then I've been reading the Showbiz forum long enough to know that there is a definite pattern - and no, i'm not going to trawl back through years of posts to even attempt to prove it because i'm just making an observation.

but i do agree with you about the subjectivity of it though. whichever female celebrity has caught the eye of the tabloids for some reason will, more often than not, also catch the eye of the showbiz forum for similar reasons.
    You have summed it up perfectly there yourself. Whoever is getting publicity in the tabloids will be talked about here. It doesn't matter if the person is the most stunning woman on the planet or ugly as a horse's arse, ultimately they will be picked apart and either liked or disliked based on their personality.
    You know you can refer to me directly you know :). As I said, I was merely making an observation - I have no intention of starting trouble.

It is, however, interesting to me how defensive many Showbiz FM's get whenever the notion is suggested though
    It's because the notion is incredibly antagonistic in a passive aggressive manner. I tend to not take people who use it seriously as it shows all the maturity of those who trot out the "you're only jealous line" :rolleyes: It shows a complete lack of depth of thought and anyone who has to resort to such silly generalisations isn't really worth getting worked up about ;)
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's pretty much what everyone else has said so what's the problem? You can't take the moral high ground when you are criticising her for same things! No one is wishing harm on her or throwing hate her way. They wish she would grow the hell up and save herself further embarrassment by doing it in private.

Given her mental health, it would probably do her the world of good to take some serious time out from the public eye but she's an adult and that's a decision that she has to make for herself. If she doesn't and continues to act like a shallow, empty headed attention seeker, then that's what she's going to be called.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Looks like a foot-in-mouth disease and a brain cell density disorder to me.