Options

Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (4th studio album)

Comments

• Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought maybe by now she could have saved this era but no. Flop after flop. it's a shame, cause I'm starting to think the album isn't THAT bad now.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say DWYW or Applause flopped massively but they have underperformed.
    Gaga needs to plan her next album carefully (after the jazz one,which is unfortunate timing as it will only put lots of young casual off her).
    If Artpop 2 is ready to go soon,maybe a late '14 or early '15 release??
    And where's the Artpop tour?? The album was released 2 months ago & Applause 5 months ago!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    Gaga needs to plan her next album carefully (after the jazz one,which is unfortunate timing as it will only put lots of young casual off her).
    And where's the Artpop tour?? The album was released 2 months ago & Applause 5 months ago!

The tour starts this May I think...
  • Options
    ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

tour dates have been announced and put on sale for north america.

btw, the christina remix which was in the 50s yesterday is in top 25 now. combined, both versions are at #8. so the song definitely isn't dead!
  • Options
    Acejr200Acejr200 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know when she will be releasing dates for the UK leg of the artpop ball? I'm assuming she is coming over here at some point this year?

Also, what were the sales for north America like?
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    ali1234 wrote: »
    tour dates have been announced and put on sale for north america.

btw, the christina remix which was in the 50s yesterday is in top 25 now. combined, both versions are at #8. so the song definitely isn't dead!

So time to get the video out then !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Acejr200 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when she will be releasing dates for the UK leg of the artpop ball? I'm assuming she is coming over here at some point this year?

Also, what were the sales for north America like?

i think i remember her tweeting either that they were good or that they were sold out. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still in love with the album...perhaps more and moreso than ever.

Anyways heard Dope like as if it were the very first time last night...i just love how progressive and haunting it is as a song and production....found this fan made video today and love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAWqQLE2YAA check it out.

Beautiful and melancholy.

Really wished the singles were better dealt...apparently she has clarified a few things on her LM page and changed her name to "goddess of love" as a profile name (instead of "mother monster") and said that she doesnt basically trust a lot of people like she used to...but she lives for music, art, fashion and her fans and Interscope is not to blame for the way ARTPOP has been handled etc.

I just hope she pulls something out of the bag for the album...will be a shame to let it filter out and quieten down ...as the music is so damn great to lose out on...but hey.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Anyways heard Dope like as if it were the very first time last night...i just love how progressive and haunting it is as a song and production....found this fan made video today and love it.

Really wished the singles were better dealt...apparently she has clarified a few things on her LM page and changed her name to "goddess of love" as a profile name (instead of "mother monster") and said that she doesnt basically trust a lot of people like she used to...but she lives for music, art, fashion and her fans and Interscope is not to blame for the way ARTPOP has been handled etc.

I just hope she pulls something out of the bag for the album...will be a shame to let it filter out and quieten down ...as the music is so damn great to lose out on...but hey.

if do what you want can continue to sell as well over the next few days then it will be back in the top 10 next week!
    hopefully that will be a boost for 'them' to pull their fingers out and perhaps atleast release the bloody music video !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is there NO news regarding the music video release for DWYW?
  • Options
    Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aphrodite, the goddess of love, beauty, grace, charm, happiness, joy, eternal youth, desire, seduction, physical attraction, passion, pleasure, procreation, fertility, rebirth, marital union, prosperity, war, navigation, protectress of the sea, sailors, harbours and voyages, the personification of the creative element of the world and generative powers of nature, patroness of Cyprus, Corinth, Cythera, Knidos etc..... reduced into lady garden panty and seashell bikini lol :p
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dope is my least favourite track on the album. Artpop should have been ten tracks with the rest as bonus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady gaga has spoken on the DWUW video:

It is late because, just like with the Applause video unfortunately, I was given a week to plan and execute it. It is very devastating for someone like me, I devote every moment of my life to creating fantasies for you. All my my most successful videos were planned over a period of time when I was rested and my creativity was honored. Those who have betrayed me gravely mismanaged my time and health and left me on my own to damage control any problems that ensued as a result. Millions of dollars are not enough for some people. They want billions. Then they need trillions. I was not enough for some people. They wanted more. I am very grateful to the photographers and designers who have always stood by me to make sure my fans are never aware of the things that happen behind the scenes, but unfortunately after my surgery I was too sick, too tired, and too sad to control the damage on my own. My label was not aware that this was going on. The next few months of ARTPOP will truly be its beginning. Because those who did not care about ARTPOP's success are now gone, and the dreams I have been planning can now come to fruition. Please forgive me that I did not foresee this coming, I never thought after all the years of hard work that those I called friends and partners would ever care so little at a time I needed them the most. Give me a chance to show you the meaning of seeing art all around you. Open your hearts to me again that I may show you the joy of us coming together through our talents, that we are stronger as a unit than when we are alone. Let me be for you the Goddess that I know I truly am, let me show you the visions that have been in my mind for two years. I love you. Forgive me monsters. Forgive me ARTPOP. You are my whole world

source: https://littlemonsters.com/post/52c9ee5da296c8b7228b4f86
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Her explanation is longer and more tedious than the Marry the Night music video.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's making excuses that won't wash with anyone but her die hard fans. The truth of the matter is that her music isn't good and that's all there is to it and she should look at herself rather than blaming management who have guided her career expertly up to this point it has to be said
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lady gaga has spoken on the DWUW video:

It is late because, just like with the Applause video unfortunately, I was given a week to plan and execute it. It is very devastating for someone like me, I devote every moment of my life to creating fantasies for you. All my my most successful videos were planned over a period of time when I was rested and my creativity was honored. Those who have betrayed me gravely mismanaged my time and health and left me on my own to damage control any problems that ensued as a result. Millions of dollars are not enough for some people. They want billions. Then they need trillions. I was not enough for some people. They wanted more. I am very grateful to the photographers and designers who have always stood by me to make sure my fans are never aware of the things that happen behind the scenes, but unfortunately after my surgery I was too sick, too tired, and too sad to control the damage on my own. My label was not aware that this was going on. The next few months of ARTPOP will truly be its beginning. Because those who did not care about ARTPOP's success are now gone, and the dreams I have been planning can now come to fruition. Please forgive me that I did not foresee this coming, I never thought after all the years of hard work that those I called friends and partners would ever care so little at a time I needed them the most. Give me a chance to show you the meaning of seeing art all around you. Open your hearts to me again that I may show you the joy of us coming together through our talents, that we are stronger as a unit than when we are alone. Let me be for you the Goddess that I know I truly am, let me show you the visions that have been in my mind for two years. I love you. Forgive me monsters. Forgive me ARTPOP. You are my whole world

source: https://littlemonsters.com/post/52c9ee5da296c8b7228b4f86

She sounds like she is freaking out because her latest era is struggling. She sounds like she is becoming paranoid too. I have sympathy for any artist who's struggling due to behind the scenes issues, but publicising it like this probably isnt a good idea. It will only get picked up by the press (& it has) & could be used against her. THese people that "betrayed" her, I assume some of them were there when she had her biggest successes a couple of years ago? It just sounds like she is turning on people when things are starting to get tough (even if they are partially to blame)
    A lot of really big artists (music & film/TV) probably have a lot of problems behind the scenes but they dont bring it up in public, its not wise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She sounds like she is freaking out because her latest era is struggling. She sounds like she is becoming paranoid too. I have sympathy for any artist who's struggling due to behind the scenes issues, but publicising it like this probably isnt a good idea. It will only get picked up by the press (& it has) & could be used against her. THese people that "betrayed" her, I assume some of them were there when she had her biggest successes a couple of years ago? It just sounds like she is turning on people when things are starting to get tough (even if they are partially to blame)
    A lot of really big artists (music & film/TV) probably have a lot of problems behind the scenes but they dont bring it up in public, its not wise.

i agree. the moment DWUW was changed to the 2nd single worldwide was when things REALLY turned upside down. i don't understand how gaga/her team didn't anticipate DWUW performing better than venus. :confused:

time and time again she makes the mistake of 'connecting' with her fans and maybe revealing too much information, too soon. e.g.
      revealing that the venus video was shot, and then having it not be released.
      revealing that the DWUW video was nearly complete (including a picture of her and r kelly on set), and then having a delay. is r kelly even going to be in the video now?!

i like that she's passionate and excited about her work and she wants to share with fans but she needs to tone it down. i can name about 5 other instances from this era alone when she's made this terrible mistake. it's getting tedious now.

at this point, the DWUW video has to either:
    a) never see the light of day or
    b) be 10/10

anything half arsed will be embarrassing at this stage. it's a shame because the song has so much potential. at least it's doing well without the video though...
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love gags and the album but the complete mishandling of this era can be best described as Shartpop:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i agree. the moment DWUW was changed to the 2nd single worldwide was when things REALLY turned upside down. i don't understand how gaga/her team didn't anticipate DWUW performing better than venus. :confused:

time and time again she makes the mistake of 'connecting' with her fans and maybe revealing too much information, too soon. e.g.
      revealing that the DWUW video was nearly complete (including a picture of her and r kelly on set), and then having a delay. is r kelly even going to be in the video now?!

i like that she's passionate and excited about her work and she wants to share with fans but she needs to tone it down. i can name about 5 other instances from this era alone when she's made this terrible mistake. it's getting tedious now.

b) be 10/10

anything half arsed will be embarrassing at this stage. it's a shame because the song has so much potential. at least it's doing well without the video though...

Its too late for the vid now, the time has passed & it'll just be a damp squib.

I would suggest she release Sexx Dreams as a single, with a saucy (but not weirdo) vid. I get the love for Gypsy, but not sure its is right for her at the mo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's funny is Gaga talks about female empowerment, but works with misogynistic sex offenders. Fail. That statement is one of the most self-indulgent things I've read for years. For a self empowered woman she complains, whines and cries a lot.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

b) be 10/10

I think Gaga's biggest problem (and there are many) is what has already been discussed. Her largely front loaded sales. It feels like once her initial hard core base have bought her new music no one else cares. She isn't connecting with the casuals and casual music buyers are way more important than the 'little monsters' are.

I think manager quit purely because he could see what was coming and didn't want his name associated with her once she started underperforming.

Isn't the Jazz album out in a couple of weeks or has that been pushed back?
  • Options
    MissLaurentienMissLaurentien Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    She is lying again, can't stick to one story. She said "just like with the Applause video unfortunately, I was given a week to plan and execute it". In August she tweeted "we shot for 3 days, but planned for weeks!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its too late for the vid now, the time has passed & it'll just be a damp squib.

I would suggest she release Sexx Dreams as a single, with a saucy (but not weirdo) vid. I get the love for Gypsy, but not sure its is right for her at the mo.

its not, the song is rising again in the charts, but she needs to drop the video NOW!
  • Options
    BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is lying again, can't stick to one story. She said "just like with the Applause video unfortunately, I was given a week to plan and execute it". In August she tweeted "we shot for 3 days, but planned for weeks!"

yeah i remember that picture of her drawing on a board with APPLAUSE written on the top or something.

maybe this is her trying to do damage limitation.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On December 11th she tweeted "DWUW video is ALMOST READY Shot by Terry <3"

Surely that means it must be ready by now, a month on? Why are they just not releasing it? What's the point?