MasterChef Australia:The Professionals - Watch - Monday 6th Jan 7:00pm

Comments

• ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marco is so odd. When he's on the pass he's the most irritating person ever and I can't bear him (can't bear him can't bear him can't bear him). But when he's in the role he's in today, he's so good! I don't think I've seen him like this in things before, because I assumed he was always that shouty, irritating bloke. But apparently he can also be kind and constructive and intelligent and thoughtful.
  • tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many more cock ups can Tracey get away with.

If others have been accused of not reinventing, then why not Nick ? His was just a Sunday Roast, but just rearranged differently. OK, he did do the turnip, good thinking, but only as a substitute, not because he included it.

Don't know why, but Rhett, although good, irritates the life out of me.
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Rhett annoys me too maybe from one of the first challenges!
    Forum Member
    Just what????? How did Tracey get away with that?!
  • tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really hope it's not a repeat of the last ordinary series where they had Emma shooed in for the win from day 1 !
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like some of the random stuff they say to the chefs

"Oh your food is all about earth"

What does that even mean?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of series 4, I had to add it to the planner. I forgot how much Emma cried. I'm also not finding Mindy annoying, I remember being annoyed by her from the start first time round. Andy, though, remains as luscious as he did the first time. As is Beau. And Ben. And Eyebrows.

I'm still not in love the pro masterchef. Maybe I expected them to be better?
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    Speaking of series 4, I had to add it to the planner. I forgot how much Emma cried. I'm also not finding Mindy annoying, I remember being annoyed by her from the start first time round. Andy, though, remains as luscious as he did the first time. As is Beau. And Ben. And Eyebrows.

I'm still not in love the pro masterchef. Maybe I expected them to be better?

She cries over anything though. I could understand if she was 7 years old but she's an adult.

I'd completely forgotten how fantastic Wade's eyebrows are. It's amazing how the standard of cooking in series 4 was so much higher than that of series 5.
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've jumped ahead and watched all of this. I won't post any spoilers but just wanted to say I bloody loved it. I thought it was a cracking series and it's a real shame they axed it. I loved Marco, the challenges were great and they didn't all cry their eyes out and faint every time their was a guest chef lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Tracy (is it Tracy?) is doing my head in, moaning and complaining about how much she hates the task and how she has no ideas. I can understand not liking a task or not having ideas, but why would she want the judges to know that?

I really expected her to go, she's a very weak competitor, still would prefer Cameron to go on likeability... or not!
    I wouldn't have thought reinventing could be simply interpreted as 'cooking it the opposite to how we used to have it' though.
  • Quizzimodo1000Quizzimodo1000 Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Like many of the dishes put up, the problem here is the balance.

Tonight's challenge sees the least impressive get the easier run as they only cook once.

Also, yet again an open pantry. Why is it easier for the Professionals than the amateurs?
    Forum Member
    Finally Tracey up for elimination. Damn Cameron for coming through at the last round
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Finally Tracey up for elimination. Damn Cameron for coming through at the last round

And yet she moaned about it and couldn't understand why?!

On another note - if you ever thought you couldn't imagine Matt Preston in shorts and an open neck shirt, click here:
    https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1505519_10153683386260542_632227845_n.jpg
    or
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153683386260542&set=a.185436440541.247099.181512135541&type=1&theater
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    And yet she moaned about it and couldn't understand why?!

On another note - if you ever thought you couldn't imagine Matt Preston in shorts and an open neck shirt, click here:

Can't say I've ever thought about that! :o

Go Tracey! Home… that is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - I'm staggered at how high the ability is in series 4. But compared to all series I think! They were just all so good!

Pro MasterChef has been axed? That's sad. I like Marco. I'm warming to the series too. Sooner Tracey and Cameron go the better though eh!
    Forum Member
    :p
    Marco on the news that MC Aus Pros has been axed: "Why did they axe it, why did they axe it, why did they axe it?"
  • jojobananasjojobananas Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    :p
    Marco on the news that MC Aus Pros has been axed: "Why did they axe it, why did they axe it, why did they axe it?"

:D:D:D :D:D:D :D:D:D
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    Yes - I'm staggered at how high the ability is in series 4. But compared to all series I think! They were just all so good!
    Really? :o
    Gosh I thought they were very poor though obviously not as appallingly bad as series 5. That took dreadful to a whole new level. :D
    Have to say I'm really enjoying the professionals series, I usually despise Marco, but apart from the repetition in service which is completely head wrecking, he has been level headed and constructive, I'm pleasantly surprised.

What I really like about this series is that there are more individual challenges so you don't have people being carried to the same extent just because they get lucky and end up on the winning team.

Delighted Tracey is gone, did not warm to her at all, and she was an uninspiring cook. Cameron is deeply unpleasant, he comes across like an obnoxious brat, would love him to go soon.
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D :D:D:D :D:D:D

I LOVE the three repeated smilies!
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron comes across really badly on TV, just some of the things he says, his reaction to comments from the judges - he's definitely got a high opinion of himself.
    Forum Member
    I LOVE the three repeated smilies!

:D I'm still chuckling about the 'why did they axe it?' comment. Can hear Marco repeating it with rising levels of desperation!!
    Forum Member
    solarflare wrote: »
    Cameron comes across really badly on TV, just some of the things he says, his reaction to comments from the judges - he's definitely got a high opinion of himself.

He certainly has - really smug but also rather childlike with it. Sulky and petulant when things don't quite go his way but can't hide his excitment when he gets good comments, despite the conceited 'I'm the best chef here' thing on his pieces to camera!
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron is doing my head in too (yes, yes, I've caved an am watching it as well as the repeat of Season 4 on Really - guess which one I'm enjoying the most? :p )

I will miss Akuc - I've only just stopped myself pronouncing her name "A Cook"

Love Cassie, and Sarah and Michael and the hairy guy

Back to Season 4, I'd forgotten about Fillipo's mad staring eyes

And the Audra straddle count is still stuck on one :(
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »

Back to Season 4, I'd forgotten about Fillipo's mad staring eyes

And the Audra straddle count is still stuck on one :(

Filippo does have serial killer eyes doesn't he?

We all know how quickly that changes. By the end of the show she was straddling someone in nigh on every episode
    Forum Member
    Filippo does have serial killer eyes doesn't he?

We all know how quickly that changes. By the end of the show she was straddling someone in nigh on every episode

Awww memories!!!!