Early days but opinion on new pros?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elan wrote: »
    Agree! Enjoying Trent's routines, he seems a nice guy, good fun choreography.

Tristan - has really grown on me and a lot of people I think through talking to friends, the way his personality shines through even when getting eliminated with a smile and a great attitude!

Joanne - can not work her out, such high expectations but find her so over the top and haven't enjoyed any of the 3 routines so far.

Agree with others that Joanne and Trent have been very central features in the pro routines, would like to see more of Tristan :)

Would they definitely bring Robin back next year? I haven't missed him to be (harshly) honest.

BIB, I very much liked Robin in the past series, especially with Anita :) but I gotta admit, I haven't missed him at all :( his choreography was pretty forgettable. To be fair, he hasn't really had a young partner with the potential to shine. I guess he'll be back next year like Natalie was.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We must wait for next year with Joanne when she must be given a better partner, Scott, bless him just hasn't a clue and therefore any criticism of choreography is unfair. She hasn't said much at all yet. Scott talks for a living. She's different to the dialects of the foreign girls, that's all. I say lay off, let her find her feet on the Programme and let her develop like the others have done.

Hayley Holt just added you to her list. :D
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the difficulty the BBC have in finding recogniseable celebrities, (I don't watch soaps, cooking programmes, or morning TV, so what chance have I got?) I believe they don't want new recruits that ultimately become more recognisable than the "C Listers" they get. Some of the well-names stay, as they have got a large fan base, but I find the "newbies" a bit bland. Maybe that's intentional. Such people are easily replaced on a yearly basis without it "disturbing the waters" much.
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Trent, even if I do have to reach for the sunglasses when he smiles, but I'm not blown away by his partnership with Pixie yet. I was impressed that in Week 1, he was the only one of the new pros who wasn't very blatantly outdancing his partner. I appreciate he has the most talented celeb of the three newbies, but even so he had seemed to dial it down just a little so as not to outshine her.

I've found Tristan a bit meh so far, so am slightly baffled at all the rampaging Tris-luurve. He seems nice enough if a bit bland, and I'll never say no to an Irish accent, but he needs to grow on me. Perhaps if he and Jennifer had lasted longer to the stage where there are fewer couples so they all get more airtime, I'd see more of his apparent appeal. (Or perhaps if I'd ever watched DWTS.)

Joanne is nothing like I expected her to be. She's much more little-girl-ish, which I'm not so keen on. I don't know how much of how she comes across is her natural demeanour and how much is down to the show starting to push Scott into Komedy Kontestant Korner and needing her to be Kooky to fit right in, but I was hoping for more of an Erin vibe from her, given her competition credentials. I appreciate that's more about my expectations than her herself though.