The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 59)

Comments

• geraldbaezgeraldbaez Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well even if FUMF doesn't do as well as we hope in the UK, I still have faith in DefJam.

At this point they should strongly consider beginning the campaign in the US and abandon the UK, for now.
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I can't stand the smugness of some people, because the release date has been changed they think they were correct to have been ruining this thread for the last week or two with their unnecessery negativity.

Last week things were different, for most singers airplay doesn't start to build until the four week mark, which if you'd notice today and yesterday the airplay has been taking its biggest leaps. Yes things weren't looking great on major radio, no one here denied that or 'buried their heads in the sand' about it, they just choose to remain positive because things can change, and they want to enjoy things and not have to read pages and pages of negativitiy.

And no one was telling people they were wrong, they were being told to wait and standard situations were being explained, but that was being ignored and took as people being in denial, this thread has took a nose dive the last week or so and its really putting me off coming here.

Really good post Dave!

It's a shame that the negative comments have turned out to be true as nobody truly wanted that!

I do agree about people being being put off posting. Some have stopped because they feel like they can't post opinions, others want to stop because people are negative! Lets all make an effort to be less negative and less attack-like on others opinions/comments and I'm sure it wont be long before we're all a big happy family again!
  • joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT THE ?!

The single isn't impacting on AirPlay at all yet... Brilliant logic... Release it now. I have to say, island are making a big mess.
    Forum Member
    geraldbaez wrote: »
    Well even if FUMF doesn't do as well as we hope in the UK, I still have faith in DefJam.

At this point they should strongly consider beginning the campaign in the US and abandon the UK, for now.

Are we definitely sure FUMF is the US lead? I have a feeling they'll try something else if it doesn't go to plan here!

I agree though, they should start on the US from now!
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree, but when the bright side we've all been told about turns out not to happen, I think it's okay for the posters who were "negative" to have a little "yay me" comment or two! :P :D

Seriously though, I've spent today being positive and have mentioned the bright side a lot, so when there is a bright side I do mention it!

For god sake just stop it. Please read the new warning from DS support. Of course it's not ok to gloat about something not going to plan about Leona on this 'APPRECIATION' thread

People need to stop right now with this nonsense.
    Forum Member
    joeseeks wrote: »
    WHAT THE ?!

The single isn't impacting on AirPlay at all yet... Brilliant logic... Release it now. I have to say, island are making a big mess.

It's not a mistake, I don't think.

Airplay is crap, lets face it. It shows no signs of getting better. Island have realised this and decided to release the week they have TV promo in order to get FUMF into the charts so then hopefully radio can get on board when they see it is selling well - which hopefully creates longevity!

I've been wanting them to do this strategy so I am actually happy!
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good post Dave!

It's a shame that the negative comments have turned out to be true as nobody truly wanted that!

I do agree about people being being put off posting. Some have stopped because they feel like they can't post opinions, others want to stop because people are negative! Lets all make an effort to be less negative and less attack-like on others opinions/comments and I'm sure it wont be long before we're all a big happy family again!

I wish you could understand what actually bothers us tbh. It's not about an opinion at all. And I don't know who would have stopped posting because they're scared, I'm not missing anyone here I know so they ain't that relevant
    Forum Member
    jonner101 wrote: »
    For god sake just stop it. Please read the new warning from DS support. Of course it's not ok to gloat about something not going to plan about Leona on this 'APPRECIATION' thread

People need to stop right now with this nonsense.

Oh dear. Did you completely ignore the "Seriously though" comment after that? It appears so.
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I wish you could understand what actually bothers us tbh. It's not about an opinion at all. And I don't know who would have stopped posting because they're scared, I'm not missing anyone here I know so they ain't that relevant

Well you wish we could understand you guys and we wish you guys could understand us! :D That's probably the best agreement the two sides are going to get! Lets all just try be less aggressive and less negative. Both are bringing the thread down!
  • geraldbaezgeraldbaez Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we definitely sure FUMF is the US lead? I have a feeling they'll try something else if it doesn't go to plan here!

I agree though, they should start on the US from now!

No idea lol

But they used FUMF for the NBA clip, so maybe.
  • volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know about some other promo during next weeks or she's just doing Palladium thing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea lol

and FUMF remixed were mentioned on AllAccess
    Forum Member
    No idea lol

I'm so excited about the US. From the start, Ive had a better feeling about it than the UK plan! Cannot wait to see what they have coming up! :D
    volume3d wrote: »
    Do we know about some other promo during next weeks or she's just doing Palladium thing?

She's at GAY but Im not sure that'll effect the chart much! She'll have more radio appearances I think - Soe will know!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Island messed up Jessie aware and Jessie J's campaigns. Now Leona. URGH. They made major mistakes not holding back any singles for Florence too...

This will have very little chance of going top 40 now.

I love Leona so much - she doesn't deserve this.
  • pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    No those posts were unnecessary and premature. Even if you may predict a certain scenario, it doesn't mean it'll definitely happen. At the end of the day nobody wants to read depressing posts. There's always a bright side but no one bothers to focus on that.

Honestly I prefer the truth even if it's harsh..rather than a fake optimism,but that's just me also in life..

then the posts were not unnecessary, because for the people that are chart freak, they know how some factors works and can see if the single will be doing bad,ok,good etc...so only now also the other members realize that something is wrong where 5 members in here already posted the reasons 2 weeks ago..

(there were similar situation in the past for lovebird,trouble,collide ..)

I ll put in these "silly" way..I m depressed because I have an exam tomorrow, and I tell you I won't pass because I did not study at all,the teacher is bad and other things..and you tell me..but how you know?? the exam is tomorrow you can pass it...then here come the exam and I fail...and now you said oh well, now you can be depressed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's at GAY but Im not sure that'll effect the chart much! She'll have more radio appearances I think - Soe will know!

I dont count Gay as promo but good for people from this thread to see her
    Island messed up Jessie aware and Jessie J's campaigns. Now Leona. URGH. They made major mistakes not holding back any singles for Florence too...

This will have very little chance of going top 40 now.

I love Leona so much - she doesn't deserve this.

Florence album campaign is really messy...how many videos did she released by now?
    Jessie J is just unlikable...even Island cant help her anymore
  • LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do a lot of sharing Leonas songs on face book but unfortunatly do not get many likes how ever i have shared FIRE many times and got likes from unexpected people, positive sign :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so funny people kept saying 'stop being negative, island know what they are doing'

They clearly don't. This is the third time they've changed the release date now.
  • jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pes wrote: »
    Honestly I prefer the truth even if it's harsh..rather than a fake optimism,but that's just me also in life..

then the posts were not unnecessary, because for the people that are chart freak, they know how some factors works and can see if the single will be doing bad,ok,good etc...so only now also the other members realize that something is wrong where 5 members in here already posted the reasons 2 weeks ago..

(there were similar situation in the past for lovebird,trouble,collide ..)

I ll put in these "silly" way..I m depress because I have an exam tomorrow, and I tell you I won't pass because I did not study at all,the teacher is bad and other things..and you tell me..but how you know the exam is tomorrow...then here come the exam and I fail...and now you said oh well, now you can be depressed.

For goodness sake the 'truth' is that a song from an artist you like may not be a big chart hit as you wanted. Big deal is this the end of the world? There is still plenty to look forward too with a second single and the Album in general yet to be revealed and performances to look forward to.

If you like the song then buy it and enjoy it, if you don't then don't.

This thread is for people who want to appreciate Leona and her music getting top 10's is not the be all and end all of music.
    Forum Member
    jonner101 wrote: »
    For goodness sake the 'truth' is that a song from an artist you like may not be a big chart hit as you wanted. Big deal is this the end of the world? There is still plenty to look forward too with a second single and the Album in general yet to be revealed and performances to look forward to.

If you like the song then buy it and enjoy it, if you don't then don't.

This thread is for people who want to appreciate Leona and her music getting top 10's is not the be all and end all of music.

That's why we're all here! Leona is an amazing artist that we all love!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so funny people kept saying 'stop being negative, island know what they are doing'

They clearly don't. This is the third time they've changed the release date now.

They clearly do, Syco wouldn't have even bothered if radio wasnt' supporting it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why we're all here! Leona is an amazing artist that we all love!

No not all, there are some thirsty, I mean VERY thirsty success only members who couldn't give 2 shits about Leona as an artist. #1 is all that counts if not, the song is a flop. Oh and if she's not naked, then she's dressed as a fashion disaster
  • Krusty111Krusty111 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At least Island are adapting to an ever-changing situation. Obviously airplay wasn't going according to plan and so they've decided to change the release date back to this weekend to counteract radio. They probably wanted a normal release i.e. 6 weeks promo build up, then release with peak position during the first week. Now they've adapted it so hopefully FUMF will now climb the charts as the steady stream of promo kicks in over the coming weeks.
  • pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    pes wrote: »

Wow, what a gorgeous pair.

Leona and her fella make a cute couple too.
This discussion has been closed.