Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• Options
    LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My rankings are .... I AM , FUMF , THUNDER, EOM, they are all amazing :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I'm excited to hear I Got You and Power in full. But my current ranking would be:

1. Thunder
    2. Fire Under My Feet
    3. I Am
    4. Essence of me
  • Options
    QueenLeonaLewisQueenLeonaLewis Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 I Am
    2 Thunder

5 essence of me

60 fumf
  • Options
    adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luuk Lewis wrote: »
    I just can't wait for 'Power', I just feel that that's going to be my favorite from this era, probably alongside 'Essence Of Me'

Also I'm really curious about 'Thick Skin' and 'The Best And The Worst', they both sound very intriguing.

Yeah I think 'Power' is going to be amazing. I don't see much love for it around here but I think 'Another Love Song' is gonna be my favourite. If it's not that then I think it'll stay as 'Thunder' which I absolutely love and I think it might be one of my all-time favourite Leona tracks, I'm constantly singing it's chorus in my head all day.

Anyway, since others are ranking the tracks we've heard I'll join in too, based only off of those we've heard the studio versions of:

LOVE
    1. Thunder
    2. Fire Under My Feet
    3. The Essence of Me
    4. I Am
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Cal_AD wrote: »
    . And that G5 "I AM" belt in the end and C6 then BB6 are awesome!!

She does another G5 in the background vocals at the end too (unless that's the one you mean, I thought you were talking about the I am one just before the bridge). Amazes me how effortless her G5s on the song are. They sound so free. I really hope she'll be able to deliver G5s like that in some of the live performances of the song. Plus the G#5 on "Thunder" and the F#5s in "Fire Under My Feet" and the F#5 in the "Power" snippet is most prob her best F#5, it even had vibrato!
  • Options
    butlernybutlerny Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    She does another G5 in the background vocals at the end too (unless that's the one you mean, I thought you were talking about the I am one just before the bridge). Amazes me how effortless her G5s on the song are. They sound so free. I really hope she'll be able to deliver G5s like that in some of the live performances of the song. Plus the G#5 on "Thunder" and the F#5s in "Fire Under My Feet" and the F#5 in the "Power" snippet is most prob her best F#5, it even had vibrato!

I noticed the change too in her belts in I got you especially the GAY performance they sounded fuller and effortless, with a bit of oomph behind them!
    defintley surprised me! all good:o:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    butlerny wrote: »
    I noticed the change too in her belts in I got you especially the GAY performance they sounded fuller and effortless, with a bit of oomph behind them!
    defintley surprised me! all good:o:D:D

Her belts were definitely improving until 2013 when she went through a rough patch. The F5s/F#5s she had on Glassheart were really good. Great to see her voice back on track and getting stronger now. I hope she does do the G5s in "I Am" during a live TV performance. :D

Also, I was thinking of doing a vocal range video for I Am, but it seems someone already has one planned so not sure whether or not to do it.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona has a busy day on Monday:
    104.3 MYFM MONDAY, JULY 20, 2015
    IHEART MONDAY, JULY 20, 2015
    RADIO DISNEY MONDAY, JULY 20, 2015

...and Wednesday come to think of it:
    DALLAS KID KRADDICK MORNING SHOWWEDNESDAY, JULY 22, 2015
    IHEART KHKS AND KDMXWEDNESDAY, JULY 22, 2015
    103.7 KVILWEDNESDAY, JULY 22, 2015

Hopefully we get a lot of videos from them.
  • Options
    ldjs17ldjs17 Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    My ranking.
    1. I Am
    2.FUMF
    3.The essence of me/ Thunder

I love all of them.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    Btw when is the "I Am" video shoot? I assume it's going to be next week friday instead? As we didn't get any instagram/snapchats from Leona yesterday. Unless they filmed non-Leona parts and Leona will film her bits in the next week or so.

That lady who instagrammed photoshoot last year, postdd about shoot today
  • Options
    geraldbaezgeraldbaez Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh, I'm not liking the acoustic performances. I find that most of the time acoustic versions take the life out of the song.

I find it quite bland and it annoys me to hear Leona splat that vowel on "sing." It's "sing" not "sang." But man, her head voice is on point.

However, I love Thunder.

I can't wait to hear "Power." I think that's gonna be my favorite song!!!

Do any of you know when we might hear the rest of the snippets and when the video for Thunder will premiere?
  • Options
    Pls_NoPls_No Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Somewhat unrelated but I haven't heard bleeding love on the radio where I am for a long time, but in the past week I've heard it twice. I hope that's a sign of good things to come!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    That lady who instagrammed photoshoot last year, postdd about shoot today

:eek: Yay! :D Thanks.
    geraldbaez wrote: »
    Tbh, I'm not liking the acoustic performances. I find that most of the time acoustic versions take the life out of the song.

I find it quite bland and it annoys me to hear Leona splat that vowel on "sing." It's "sing" not "sang." But man, her head voice is on point.

However, I love Thunder.

I can't wait to hear "Power." I think that's gonna be my favorite song!!!

Do any of you know when we might hear the rest of the snippets and when the video for Thunder will premiere?

Ye I'm not generally a fan of acoustic performances either, but given they're travelling all over the US they are the perfect choice. Not to mention we essentially get to hear all of Leona's voice which is great!

I would assume the snippets will go up on iTunes/amazon 1-2 weeks before album release (so end of August/beginning of September). However I think they'll have another teaser video for us with the other 5 songs before then. Not to mention they have a bunch of acoustic performances of the songs recorded - There's one of "I Am" and another for "Thunder" I believe and maybe one or two more? Like the acoustic sessions she did during glassheart era that are on her vevo.

We might also instagrat tracks in the few weeks before the album. I assume those instagrats are going to be "Thunder", "Essence of Me" and another song. So we might hear another one song in full HQ studio 1-3 weeks before the album release.

Not to mention Leona's been performing the songs live. She performed "Ladders" and "I Got You" at the concert she did a few days or so ago, so we might get to hear them again and possible some others live before the album.

So exciting! Less than 8 weeks until album release now :eek: The time has just flown by!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Begood wrote: »
    Me too :D I'm obsessed with Thunder. I really like I Am now as well but I'm so glad they chose Thunder for US single .

I'm so happy they chose Thunder as the US single as well, I don't think I Am would work here as well even though it's an amazing track. Thunder is definitely more instant and catchy.
    Stube wrote: »
    I completely agree. Leona has the advantage of already being known in the US. Sure there will have to be basic groundwork again in making the album and single campaigns successful but at least she is already on the American public's radars thanks to the success of Bleeding Love and Spirit - not to mention the Avatar soundtrack, the 2008 Olympics etc. The reason Leona hasn't seen any real success in the States from 2009 onwards is simply down to her old American label not bothering to invest in her. 'Happy' did as well as it could have done without a radio tour. Her US career was halted after that. I'm not surprised though after reading Kelly Clarkson's open letter calling out Clive Davis. He seems to take a dislike to his artists having any creative control and when they do, he simply doesn't invest time and money in the promotion. This is the first time since 'Happy' (and even that didn't have a proper radio push IIRC) that Leona has a proper US single campaign. I can really see 'Thunder' taking off there. I'm sure the US music industry will support Leona when they are actually given something to support.

I agree 100% and I have an amazing feeling about Thunder in the US. It's a very uplifting song with amazing lyrics and isn't catered to the overplayed, completely same pop songs that rule the charts now. The US is missing a big voice in the charts right now who writes genuine music and has lyrics that are inspiring but catchy. I think radios will love the song and will spin it, and I think the general public will like the song, even if they aren't fans of Leona. There's just something about Thunder that screams hit to me and that everyone could like it. The US is very open to Leona, and everyone still knows who she is because of Bleeding Love, so when they hear new music from her, I think they'll all be happy.

As far as my rankings go:

1) Thunder
    2) FUMF
    3) I Am
    4) EOM
  • Options
    LeonafanusaLeonafanusa Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    My rankings: 1 I got you, 2 Thunder, 3 I am, 4 Essence of me, 5 Ladders.I can't really judge Another love song until I hear the original version in full.Just hearing I got you in low quality I can already tell that it is a special song.Im dying to hear the Dianne Warren song.
  • Options
    wige2002wige2002 Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. FUMF
    2. Thunder
    3. I Am

.EOM
  • Options
    Bubble_BeamBubble_Beam Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FUMF still the catchiest
    Thunder very radio friendly
    I Am the versus sound weird to me but i love the chorus

EOFM maybe it will grow to me but right now...NO

I read somewhere that FUMF will be released in Germany?
    Hope so cause Germany show sooo much love her ---> down to earth , sensational voice :cool:
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine are
    1. Thunder
    2. FUMF
    3. EOM
    4. I am

Power and IGY will surely rank near the top for me.
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariella52 wrote: »
    Wow that picture!
  • Options
    hazza12hazza12 Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New article if someone hasn't already posted http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/11738196/leona-lewis-interview-depression-simon-cowell.html

Edit: my bad- someone's already posted it
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    ariella52 wrote: »

Great detailed interview :) I love this part
    “This new album is dedicated to the fans who have been with me from the start and the people in my life who picked me up when I needed it,” she says. “I think they will enjoy what I think is ‘classic me’. There are some torch songs, a couple of big ballads, and also soulfulness. The whole theme is empowerment and discovering the strength to be independent and do things on your own terms.”
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    hazza12 wrote: »

Literally 2 post above yours :D:D:D
  • Options
    hazza12hazza12 Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Literally 2 post above yours :D:D:D

Hash my bad....just realised 😂😂😎
  • Options