Cilla Black has died

Comments

• minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you're trolling us surely? She wasn't well liked at all in Liverpool.

Well said.she has the same amount of resoect here as ringo starr ie none.pepple need to stop speaking for us in liverpool.I dont know anyone whos heartbroken.
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rowdy Roddy Piper and now Cilla Black.

The only wish that I have is that I am living in a dream and not real life.
  • Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people have died in the last few weeks, sad to hear about Cilla Black. I was very surprised to hear she died, because she appeared healthy enough.

It's true she wasn't a very nice person and not a lot of people liked her, It seems that no matter who the person is, everyone gushes over them when they die and makes out they're a saint. I guess that's the way society is these days.

May she RIP.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cilla is best described as a 'professional' scouser.

Nevertheless in this day and age 72 is a young age to die.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    So sad about Cilla Black she was unique as she was a good singer and a good presnter of hit shows and i love her accent especially on Blind Date and she seemed like a nice friendly woman
    Cilla's scouse accent was for professional purposes only - I thought we all knew that.
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad but wnen I head this news I failed to give a damn. She had such an awful reputation in the industry and for treating those in the service industries, that is it hard to feel any sense of loss.
  • davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting to hear from the American Dental Association if they had any members in Spain this w/end. RIP C̶e̶c̶i̶l̶ Lora.
  • Hank SchraderHank Schrader Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    So sad about Cilla Black she was unique as she was a good singer and a good presnter of hit shows and i love her accent especially on Blind Date and she seemed like a nice friendly woman

I know we're supposed to be nice when somebody has died but saying she was a good singer is taking things a step too far.
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a bit of an odd eulogy from Esther Rantzen on a phone-in show at 10pm on BBC Five Live. She sang Cilla's praises and how 'down to earth' she was, although she admitted that 'our paths never crossed'. She then went on to say something like: "Although she had all the bling, she was still 'our Cilla', and then put her 'charm' down to her Irish ancestry.

If the 'meejah' wants to ask celebs for comments on a person's life, surely it would be more appropriate to interview someone who actually knew them? Esther seemed to just know her from seeing her on TV - like most of us!

£300 for radio, £500 for TV...
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    Although not a fan, I was sorry to hear the news. It does feel like a little of your past has died too.

Having said that, the eulogising in the newspapers and on the radio this morning is staggering. I hate the sweeping statements that the press makes .... "The nation is in mourning" ...... I'm not!! "She captured the nation's hearts" ...........not mine she didn't.

It's sad, yes, but please stop wheeling out the likes of Brucie and Lionel Blair to tell us how wonderful she was.
  • The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a woman who's never been implicated in anything more salacious than being less pleasant than her on-screen persona would have you believe I've never seen such an outpouring of collective pleasure at somebody's death.

It's bizarre.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrankBT wrote: »
    Apart from anything else if she really was that unpleasant she would never have lasted the time that she did in the business (40 years +). Any slurs on your character and your career in showbiz can grind to a halt pretty quickly.

Jimmy Saville......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I've just been to the paper shop for an emergency bottle of milk. I was standing at the till waiting to pay when a man came in, took one look at the headlines on the newspapers, muttered "bloody hell" under his breath and walked out.
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been to the paper shop for an emergency bottle of milk. I was standing at the till waiting to pay when a man came in, took one look at the headlines on the newspapers, muttered "bloody hell" under his breath and walked out.

Forgot his wallet? Forgot to lock his car?

Or are you asking us to believe that a man was so repelled by a photo of Cilla that he had to make a swift exit?
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For a woman who's never been implicated in anything more salacious than being less pleasant than her on-screen persona would have you believe I've never seen such an outpouring of collective pleasure at somebody's death..

When Scrooge dies in A Christmas Carol? Like Cilla, it's karma. What goes round comes around!
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nollaig79 wrote: »
    A lot of people have died in the last few weeks, sad to hear about Cilla Black. I was very surprised to hear she died, because she appeared healthy enough.

It's true she wasn't a very nice person and not a lot of people liked her, It seems that no matter who the person is, everyone gushes over them when they die and makes out they're a saint. I guess that's the way society is these days.

May she RIP.

I am late to this party, and I echo everything said above.

I was not a Cilla fan by any stretch of the imagination - I had her down as a professional scouser with an exaggerated accent put on for effect. However I was still shocked to hear this news - I guess it must have been a heart attack or an aneurism or similar. Even as a definite non-fan I feel a little upset and odd about it - not enough to grieve or wail or lay flowers like Diana fans etc but it was a shock.

Her kids will be grieving her and I feel sorry for them, 72 is no age nowadays and I didn't think she was that old.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if they will find all her jewellery under the bed again. Remember some years back she was burgled? We found she hid her high end jewellery worth ££££ under the bed, it was because of tax she didn't want it declared.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oilman wrote: »
    I agree. I personally could not stand the woman, but to make such pathetic remarks is just disgusting.
    There are some gratuitously unkind remarks being made, but the 'we are all in mourning' tone the media are taking is plain irritating. It is not easy to think of a public figure so universally loved that it would be a reasonable comment. I really wonder what percentage of the population had any interest at all, ever, in Cilla Black's career; it is silly for people to talk as if Blind Date and surprise Surprise were somehow watched by the entire population of the UK. No one likes to feel that expressions of grief and distress are compulsory, and that if you don't do your bit you are a heartless bastard. I was surprised and mildly sorry in a "she didn't have a very long life" kind of way when I heard the news, and I really think those add up to an appropriate response.
    occy wrote: »
    You can just die from being heartbroken just your body gives up and sadly Cilla did.
    That doesn't sound likely at all to be honest. I'm pretty sure that she will turn out to have died of something.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Wonder if they will find all her jewellery under the bed again. Remember some years back she was burgled? We found she hid her high end jewellery worth ££££ under the bed, it was because of tax she didn't want it declared.

Do you know why she was robbed because she was in an interview article not long before saying she was going to buy a million pound pink diamond and an Aston Martin that drew attention to the fact she might have valuables worth steeling and was a mistake. Luckily Cilla's son who was held hostage wasn't injured. Cilla decided not to buy the diamond as she was deeply shaken by the incident.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amaretto2 wrote: »
    Cilla really was the Best of British.

I don't think Liverpool will ever get over this loss.
    chloeb wrote: »
    You can't be serious ......

They cannot be!! They managed to get past the truly sad deaths of John Lennon and George Harrison, don't think Liverpool will be closing down soon.
  • Pixie24Pixie24 Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Liete wrote: »
    Anyone Who Had A Heart has already soared to number 102 on the itunes chart. Just goes to show that the 2 or 3 angry trolly dollies that didn't like Cilla don't represent the love our nation has for this remarkable lady.

Soared?
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They think Cilla died after injuring herself in a fall from losing her balance due to the heat. Cilla's son had to break down her bedroom door after she failed to wake up from having a lie down.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cilla-black-found-dead-son-6184360
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news for many who grew up in the sixties and watched her later TV shows. If you can't think of anything nice to say it is usually best not to say anything.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Knowing her reputation, I can't help but feel hollow when I read tributes from her showbiz pals. The clichéd phrases like ''a national treasure'', ''an icon'', and ''incredibly gifted'' have been rolled out.

The vast amount of stories about her personality behind the scenes and in her day-to-day interactions with the public has left me feeling a lack of warmth to her passing. I'm not rubbing my hands together with glee by any account, just feeling very indifferent.
  • LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knowing her reputation, I can't help but feel hollow when I read tributes from her showbiz pals. The clichéd phrases like ''a national treasure'', ''an icon'', and ''incredibly gifted'' have been rolled out.

The vast amount of stories about her personality behind the scenes and in her day-to-day interactions with the public has left me feeling a lack of warmth to her passing. I'm not rubbing my hands together with glee by any account, just feeling very indifferent.

This.