LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ferrari doesn't get much criticism on the thread. I think it's because it's obvious that he knows what he is doing and fairly transparent about his motives. No idea who could ever replace him at this juncture.
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ferrari doesn't get much criticism on the thread. I think it's because it's obvious that he knows what he is doing and fairly transparent about his motives. No idea who could ever replace him at this juncture.

Let's hope he doesn't have to be replaced.
    IMO he's probably the best presenter on the station. I know he's hot perfect. Who is? But for 95% of the time, I think he's pretty good.
  • connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Iain Dale would be an excellent replace for Ferrari.

I enjoyed LBC when we had Iain Dale, James O'Brien, Tom Swarbrick and Nick Abbot for all 5 days of the week a few weeks ago.
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also he's got a terrific sense of humour and while irritating sometimes very rarely sarky or superior.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ferrari is reliably decent and its only Buick (a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing) and David Banks (Mirror Moron) who contribute that I can't abide. Wonder what Ferrari will do when he eventually has enough and moves on?
  • makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Talma wrote: »
    Also he's got a terrific sense of humour and while irritating sometimes very rarely sarky or superior.

Blimey, I think you need to buy some cotton buds! :p This cannot be a description of NF, surely?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talma wrote: »

I agree, Talma. He's got a good way with callers and understands what makes a story.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, Talma. He's got a good way with callers and understands what makes a story.

Yes Nick Ferrari runs an amusing well paced shown that is ideal for the breakfast slot. The next best presenter is Iain Dale although having turned LBC off to miss James O'Brien I do sometimes forget to turn it back on to listen to Iain's show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Collins currently shouting "what is the Jewish mafia?" multiple times at a caller. Going to be a lively hour then...
  • thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ferrari is reliably decent and its only Buick (a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing) and David Banks (Mirror Moron) who contribute that I can't abide. Wonder what Ferrari will do when he eventually has enough and moves on?

Fulsome praise indeed, Mike. You obviously no longer regard Ferrari as
    a self-deluding twonk
    a Murdoch stooge
    a rip-off banker apologist
    full of hot air and pompous nonsense
    completely disingenuous

That's some change in a presenter who seemed so set in his ways. At this rate, it may not be too long before you are lauding O'Brien.
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 6,173
    Forum Member

James O'Brien? :D
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 6,173
    Forum Member
    Nick Ferrari is LBC's talismanic presenter and the best in the business. He knows what makes a good show.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ian Collins currently shouting ...

I recall a rosen ( last year ) post, calling you out as an" LBC" either a employee on the station, just tae keep LCB at the top of the pages on this forum

We've had our fair share on the TS thread, over the years when the skool holibobs kick in !! >:(>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Collins, having recently dropped a clanger by stating that ecigs were "of course a gateway into smoking", last night came up with a somewhat questionable defence of his position. Apparently he was a non-smoker, but strangely decided to use an ecig. This allegedly made him take up smoking again, although he was subsequently able to quit once more. I somehow remain unconvinced of the veracity of his anecdote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thewilson wrote: »
    Fulsome praise indeed, Mike. You obviously no longer regard Ferrari as
    a self-deluding twonk
    a Murdoch stooge
    a rip-off banker apologist
    full of hot air and pompous nonsense
    completely disingenuous

That's some change in a presenter who seemed so set in his ways. At this rate, it may not be too long before you are lauding O'Brien.

Yes, I stand by these comments but Ferrari is a clever broadcaster and does a difficult job very efficiently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I stand by these comments but Ferrari is a clever broadcaster and does a difficult job very efficiently.

Do you think you have come across as one of BB's "loony lefties" as a result of your criticisms of Ferrari?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thewilson wrote: »
    Do you think you have come across as one of BB's "loony lefties" as a result of your criticisms of Ferrari?

I think that is fairly unlikely, thewilson.
  • radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    No, I think they must still need some sort of alert or timed count down. It would be so easy to get distracted if you weren't paying attention. Some of those breaks can be up to six minutes or so with the news/travel/ads and a jingle or two all thrown in. Radiodad?
    Theres a time on screen for the producer to see on how long is left on the break. Usually producer wil click talkback at around 30 seconds and say 30 seconds and then same again at 10 seconds. Theres also a warning given just before mics go live.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recall a rosen ( last year ) post, calling you out as an" LBC" either a employee on the station, just tae keep LCB at the top of the pages on this forum

Sorry you have lost me :confused: Do you recall anything Mike?
  • Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In other words you don't even know your own mind. That was a very effective takedown by 'thewilson' which I see you're not prepared to acknowledge.

Regarding O'Brien, anyone who devotes so much time trying to demolish someone's reputation, no matter how politely, needs help. Seek it.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Why do they need to Jingle saying " This is LBC with John Stapleton in for Ian Dale on Drive ......?" when he could have a set jingle for himself. It's the same when Ian is on Breakfast?
    Have you ever seen the CBS evening news when they show it on Sky News in the late evening? If the main host Scott Pelly isn't doing the news on a particular night they continue to play the jingle announcing "This is the CBS evening news with Scott Pelly" and when the newsreader begins they say "Scott's away tonight, I'm so and so". I think they do the same on ABC news too that is put on the BBC News Channel. It makes absolutely no sense to me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry you have lost me :confused: Do you recall anything Mike?

No idea on that one, Im afraid
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other words you don't even know your own mind. That was a very effective takedown by 'thewilson' which I see you're not prepared to acknowledge.

Regarding O'Brien, anyone who devotes so much time trying to demolish someone's reputation, no matter how politely, needs help. Seek it.

An "effective takedown"? Maybe read what I said about Ferrari again. He can be a Murdoch stooge and a windbag but still produce a slick show. The point was that as the flagship show, he receives very little criticism.

What sort of help do you recommend? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Best regards.
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    7 out of 10 GCSE grades expected to be a 'C'.

Nice to know that the many thousands of pounds I've stuffed up the jumper of the education system despite having no kids is achieving such excellence :confused:

No doubt these mediocre achievers will all be champing at the bit to get into 'uni' too.
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Listening to GG's show on Monday he was very flamboyant if not theatrical by referring to Oliver Twist, Aristotle etc. Then hearing a part of his show yesterday not only had he lost a lot of his bluster but he was merely thanking callers for their comments rather than opening up discussion. Did anyone notice?
    I've not heard him on talkSPORT so can't make a comparison.
This discussion has been closed.