Mrs Brown & Boys coming to BBC one

COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,094
Forum Member
✭✭
after the success of 8 DVDS & sell out tours around the world its finally Coming to BBC one at the end of January 2011

heres a preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajR0xL4Apn0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UncAumHJYHI

Comments

• Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of it.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of it.
    Neither have I.
  • Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of it either, but it looks hilarious.:D
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we are in for a treat then ......

But I have never heard of Brendan O'Carroll either - I must have been living under a rock all these years.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting in Feb 2011 on BBC 1 here is a preview http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00cwxt4
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    Starting in Feb 2011 on BBC 1 here is a preview http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00cwxt4
    Not sure what to make of it.

Possibly not a good sign if it continues to be pushed back. It was supposed to air in the autumn.
  • ClassicsGuyClassicsGuy Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a touring theatre show, the Mrs Brown shows have been a massive success the past 5 years +, packing out theatres in cities the length and breadth of the country.

I really hope this transfers well to tv, as the theatre shows are hilarious.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful end of the pier stuff.
  • Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never heard of it, not even on the 8 DVDs, so I do not have a clue what it is about.
  • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Awful end of the pier stuff.

Agreed. Cringe-making, like second-rate 70s stuff. I'm surprised anyone signed this up.

They may be desperate for a comedy hit but this isn't it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you live in Ireland its currently being shown on a Saturday Night on RTE One at 10.35

starts in the UK on BBC One on Monday the 21st of Feb at 10.30
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    If you live in Ireland its currently being shown on a Saturday Night on RTE One at 10.35

starts in the UK on BBC One on Monday the 21st of Feb at 10.30
    So, a graveyard slot, and it's going out on RTE One before it makes it to BBC One.

I think that speaks volumes, unfortunately!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC have released more clips to help promote The Show
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00x17n9

really looking forward to the 21st of feb

its doing well on RTE since they moved it to 9.15 on a saturday night
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching a few clips, its hilarious! Got to say, never heard of it before, but im downloading the boxset as we speak!
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    It's one of those shows, it's gawdy pantomime stuff which borders on bad and so bad it's good.

I admit I watch it when there's nothing else on but I do hate myself for laughing at it.

I think I just know too many people like the characters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I was in the audience for one of the recordings at BBC Scotland, and have to admit we were all in stitches and can't wait for it to come on the box!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's one of those shows, it's gawdy pantomime stuff which borders on bad and so bad it's good.

I admit I watch it when there's nothing else on but I do hate myself for laughing at it.

I think I just know too many people like the characters.

It's definitely on the vulgar side (think Catherine Tate's 'Nan' character).For those who like their humour to be a bit earthy and coarse,they'll probably enjoy it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    I went and seen him in the Pavillion in Glasgow and it was the funniest show I have ever seen, Honestly I was pmsl before he was even on stage lol

"If there`s a fire in the Building......Then Run like F*ck" hahaha :D

Don`t care much about the DVD`s tho as it doesn`t come across as well, Hopefully the TV show will be better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the funniest show on tv:D
    The hen do at the wake was hilarious:)
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was an RTE/BBC NI co-production.If it was made at BBC Glasgow presumably it's in HD ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this show, have to wonder if the BBC will censor some of the language though, RTE seem to be more lenient with their content. I hope they don't, wouldn't want to lose the comedic effect :)
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clune wrote: »
    Love this show, have to wonder if the BBC will censor some of the language though, RTE seem to be more lenient with their content. I hope they don't, wouldn't want to lose the comedic effect :)

The graveyard timeslot (10.30pm) suggests swearing is not discouraged!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Never heard of Mrs. Brown and Boys :confused:
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clune wrote: »

Well past the watershed on the Beeb so it should go out intact.

They've actually toned it down a lot.There was a pilot episode on RTE last year and it contained a lot more "F" words : the current series has fewer of them (rightly so IMO...the non stop swearing was a bit jarring in that pilot show).
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched episode one, and can safely say i shall be tuning in for every episode; i can't remember the last time i laughed so hard!! Yes it's a bit silly, but it's a bit different from other comedy shows, but is so so so funny!! If you are unsure whether to watch or not then i can't reccomend it enough :)