Options

Masterchef - The Professionals Starting Nov 7th

ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
Forum Member
Masterchef - The Professionals with the gorgeous Michel Roux Jnr will be starting again in a week:)

Anyone know if Michel's other series Michel Roux's Service will be coming back?

Comments

• Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully not in the afternoon slot the celebs edition just had:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mishcoll wrote: »

It was a bit of a disaster, wasn't it?! They're not going to make that mistake again:)
  • Options
    jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if Michel's other series Michel Roux's Service will be coming back?

I read elsewhere there are no plans for a 2nd series, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jwire1977 wrote: »

Oh no! I really enjoyed that, it was a bit different from the usual food based shows and it was great to see the way some of the trainees grew as the weeks went on, not just in the competition but as people. It would be such a shame if they don't do any more.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwire1977 wrote: »

Conversely, I recall reading in the dedicated thread in this forum that it was coming back, and that there was a link to a part of the production company's website (I think it was) which was calling for interested people to apply.

I have also found this post on 12th Feb from that thread:
    I noticed on the letters page of this weeks TV Choice that they are appealing for participants for the next series.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=48074483&postcount=1850
  • Options
    prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,098
    Forum Member
    Hooray!

I'd like to see 'Service' back again too. Fred Sirieix was a star IMO.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mishcoll wrote: »

http://twitter.com/#!/RadioTimes/status/129200364305121280
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope the lovely Monica is back on board.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOOP WOOP

Glad we don't have to wait till Spring :D
    Hope the lovely Monica is back on board.

She's in the trailer :) .... but so is a changed kitchen :eek:. Really hope they haven't mucked about with the format too much... *FINGERS CROSSED* Happy for them to have more challenges... as in the Celeb series just finished.

BTW : A junior version of Bake Off starts tomorrow on CBBC at 6.20pm and then repeated during the next day (3:05pm) on BBC1. Different presenter but still with Mary and Paul :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOOP WOOP

Glad we don't have to wait till Spring :D

She's in the trailer :) .... but so is a changed kitchen :eek:. Really hope they haven't mucked about with the format too much... *FINGERS CROSSED* Happy for them to have more challenges... as in the Celeb series just finished.

BTW : A junior version of Bake Off starts tomorrow on CBBC at 6.20pm and then repeated during the next day (3:05pm) on BBC1. Different presenter but still with Mary and Paul :)

Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

Must set sky+ for JBO...It's on at an odd time for me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday for tomorrow!
    Must set sky+ for JBO...It's on at an odd time for me!

Thanks GS *BLOWS A KISS*

I've been very restrained and have not yet opened my cards that arrived in the snailmail yesterday *POLISHES HALO ;)*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks GS *BLOWS A KISS*

I've been very restrained and have not yet opened my cards that arrived in the snailmail yesterday *POLISHES HALO ;)*

Nothing wrong with snailmail....

I have my daughter's cards tucked away..It's her last day of being a teeny-ager today..:)
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this coming back - MRJ, the nicest man on the planet... shame it's starting on a Monday, I'm at college until 9...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's on in the evening and stripped across the week but the start time is all over the shop.

And Yes they have changed the format (read the online Radio Times for details) but somewhere in the re-format Monica DOES get to put them through a Skills Test... I Sooooo love the Skills Test... it really sorts the 'men' from the 'boys'. Of course, as we have a changed kitchen I suppose that means no more tears and tantrums in the scullery :D
  • Options
    jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Conversely, I recall reading in the dedicated thread in this forum that it was coming back, and that there was a link to a part of the production company's website (I think it was) which was calling for interested people to apply.

I have also found this post on 12th Feb from that thread:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=48074483&postcount=1850

Glad to hear it, someone claimed to have contacted MRJ and it was he that said it wasn't returning.

Found a link from March which suggests as much, but there was something else too (that I cannot find):

http://www.tourismsociety.org/news/michel_roux_jr_worthy_winner_2011_tourism_society_award
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this coming back - MRJ, the nicest man on the planet... shame it's starting on a Monday, I'm at college until 9...

What more can you say about a bloke who spends his weekends quaffing champers :cool: :D
  • Options
    artensollartensoll Posts: 1,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank God MC is back!

My 3yr-old has been nagging me all week to watch it and doesn't understand it has finished. "Watch mars chef mama, pleeeeeeease?"

I think I am in a minority of one in preferring the afternoon timeslot because it was guaranteed to be loaded onto my 'On Demand' service in plenty of time for my daughter and I to watch at our leisure before her bedtime.

The evening slots have historically been all over the place and they have tended to be a bit slapdash about when they load it to IPlayer. One year, an episode was missed completely!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just checked to see the times this is on, they're a bit all over the place so don't expect to see it on at the same time in the evenings!

Mon - 8.30pm for half an hour
    Tues - 7pm for an hour
    Weds - 8pm for an hour
    Thurs - 8pm for an hour
  • Options
    BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Michel Roux in this is miles better than Torode, plus he's at least a top chef unlike Torode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^ Contains mild spoilers

Not many sleeps to go :)

I have to say I rahter like the idea of having the first challenge being...
    An ingredient-limited invention test to whittle down 10 to 5. We'll get to see quite a lot of new chefs that way... of course half of them will be duds :eek: Think they've taken this from Aussie MC where they start each week with some sort of Mystery Box/Invention challenge. Love it. Then the 5 get to do Skills Test with Monica. Loving it more !
  • Options
    I heart KellyI heart Kelly Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The Professionals" with Michel Roux is by far the best version of Master Chef

really look forward to this and in particular the Classic recipe test where Michel shows us how to make some fantastic piece of french cookery then gets the chefs to do it. Love it!

Series linked already
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The series starts on Monday, on BBC Two at 8:30 pm. Looking forward to it. Post away.
  • Options
    Um_BongoUm_Bongo Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    thanks for that - will be watching even though I am loving the Aussie series :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is an ongoing thread already!

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1568601
This discussion has been closed.