Emmerdaily Wed 11/3/09: The Woolie to become a Wylde house?

Comments

• lumpbottomlumpbottom Posts: 18,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Batisse wrote: »
    Pleeease someone tell me who the chutney was for :o:(:cry::o
    Jamie bought up all Betty's chutney at the bring and buy and sold it to the Wyldes for their shoot, saying it was his but there wasn't enough. He told Betty that he'd wanted it to send to Louise, but that he'd dropped the box so she said she'd make more and then she saw Nasher with it.
  • BatisseBatisse Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hellingly wrote: »
    Jamie told Betty it for Louise, but in fact it was to sell to the Wyldes and to a local Deli.

WHy did Betteh think that Louise wanted her chutney in Australia. Please forgive me i appear to be having a blonde moment here:eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lumpbottom wrote: »
    Jamie bought up all Betty's chutney at the bring and buy and sold it to the Wyldes for their shoot, saying it was his but there wasn't enough. He told Betty that he'd wanted it to send to Louise, but that he'd dropped the box so she said she'd make more and then she saw Nasher with it.

Thank you thank you thank you :):):)

retreats whistling (didn't really care )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHy did Betteh think that Louise wanted her chutney in Australia. Please forgive me i appear to be having a blonde moment here:eek::eek:

Jamie said it was to remind her of Emmerdale.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

awww thats nice ;)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Surely a big pair of clown shoes and a red nose would be more appropriate at the the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member

If he wanted to send her something to remind her of Emmerdale wouldn't a corpse be more appropriate?
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Surely a big pair of clown shoes and a red nose would be more appropriate at the the moment.
    Refusion wrote: »
    If he wanted to send her something to remind her of Emmerdale wouldn't a corpse be more appropriate?

How about a corpse dressed up as a clown ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Why would that remind her of Emmerdale?:confused:
    Is there a circus there at the moment? Was there one there when she left? It hasn't been mentioned.

/
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a corpse dressed up as a clown ;)

Good idea. It's be dead funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sardines :D:D

A new fishy chutney

Oh with a twist, its got custard in :D:D

It is in the Heston Blumenthal recipe book actually I think you'll find.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeanG wrote: »
    More like a Heston Blumenthal I would have thought

Oh sorry I didn't realise someone had got there already :o
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dussi wrote: »
    It is in the Heston Blumenthal recipe book actually I think you'll find.:D

:D:D

Is it shaped into a candle as well ;)

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Refusion wrote: »
    Or a charred bit of wood. :D
  • JackWJackW Posts: 45,892
    Forum Member
    Aaron!! :mad::mad: - You tell 'im Andeh!:mad: And as for those Wyldes! I can only wish we could group slap! :mad:

As,for Postman FatFace! - How very dare he,deceive Betteh like that! :mad:

Pleased Lexington's dress was small enough for a borrower!:D

I could have done without a half naked Bob too!:o:o

Lastly,my star of the night is Betteh (apart from my Andeh...,but the flack I get for that is never worth it!) :D
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of Aaron tonite....my kind of episode :p
    Vile No 1 slap candidate:mad:
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    Ooh, I do hate Aarghron :mad: :mad:
    Join the queue
    wuffles wrote: »
    I wish somebody would shoot Nathan.
    He's a Mommys boy:o
    Tizzy wrote: »
    The Scrote said "scrote." :D
    It takes one to know one. However I can't see him turning out like nice young Darren

When will Diane realise that Natasha insulted her business:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the way Andy is getting wifebeating insults from everyone, Fakey with the Dingles not hanging from hooks and beating women and Aaron getting him as well:D :D
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    An episode saved, strangely, by Aaron. I'd love to see him duff Andy up :D Neither are morally upstanding, but there's something about the way Andy lays down the law that's really annoying :D He's such a hypocrite, and I loved Victoria's reference to how he'd treated Jo. The way he smashed those plates down proved the anger's still there, and the Sugden family truce struck by Jack's grave now seems very fragile.

The rest of the show I found pretty boring.

Line of the night, Betty: 'Pass me the moostard powder please, Pearl' :o:p

5 out of 10
  • SnappSnapp Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. Emmerdale seems to have returned to the way it was before the murder storyline - filling episodes with "humour" and nothing else. Hopefully this is just a short run of bad episodes.

Why does Val want to sell the pub? Why would Diane? Both have always seemed to love being landladies so for them to even contemplate selling is just odd.

Diane has just lost Jack, it's too soon for her to be getting involved in these daft storylines. If only the writers could realise the wonderful opportunities that would arise if they had Diane move in with the rest of the Sugden's on the Farm. I like her friendship with Natasha though.

The aftermath of Jack's death on the family has been poor, I thought Andy & Victoria would have taken it a little harder especially Victoria. They're missing out some great stuff with her dealing with being an orphan at 15, much better then a silly juvenile love triangle.

I hope Betty force feeds Gollum (great line Betty!) all her bad chutney!
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    Snapp wrote: »
    Why does Val want to sell the pub? Why would Diane? Both have always seemed to love being landladies so for them to even contemplate selling is just odd.

Diane has just lost Jack, it's too soon for her to be getting involved in these daft storylines. If only the writers could realise the wonderful opportunities that would arise if they had Diane move in with the rest of the Sugden's on the Farm. I like her friendship with Natasha though.

The aftermath of Jack's death on the family has been poor, I thought Andy & Victoria would have taken it a little harder especially Victoria. They're missing out some great stuff with her dealing with being an orphan at 15, much better then silly juvenile love triangle.
    Excellent post Snapp, I agree with all your points here :)
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    wuffles wrote: »
    I know I'm probably showing my age, but who the hell are Las Vegas?

It would be Glas Vegas, I should think. :)
    http://www.glasvegas.net/gb/frontpage
    Chita's right its a Barbie dress PMSL
    My crystal ball is always correct! Well, not always but sometimes.:D
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    I tell ya, they read t'daileh :eek::D

They are reading it even more often now the budget has been cut. They save money on writer's wages by nicking our material on here.;)

Congrats to the new threadstarter! :cool:

Now to the Ep............

Why does Val suddenly want to buy Diane's half of the pub?
    It seems to have come from out of the blue. :confused:
    I think that now Diane has rumbled her we should at least get some fun out of this daft idea.Well, maybe we will.

I also like it that Betty has rumbled "that hobbity bloke".:D
    Even if she doesn't know how to pronounce Gollum, I'm impressed that she even knew about Hobbits and Gollum.
    I love Betty. :D

And just how many forgotten bottles of whisky did Seth stash?:eek:
    Betty had one last week which she shared with Sandy.
    Now this one in the hide.
    You'd think Betty would have searched the place for Seth's spoils soon after he died.
    But at least by finding them now it means Seth keeps getting a mention.
    Acknowledging old characters is always nice, I think.

Seth Armstrong, what a great character.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to do with tonight's story, but with Chris Fountain leaving HO, and Emmy looking for a new bad boy, does anyone think..... ????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And just how many forgotten bottles of whisky did Seth stash?:eek:
    Betty had one last week which she shared with Sandy.
    Now this one in the hide.
    You'd think Betty would have searched the place for Seth's spoils soon after he died.
    But at least by finding them now it means Seth keeps getting a mention.
    Acknowledging old characters is always nice, I think.

Seth rocked.

But I don't think I'd have been in a rush to drink anything from a half-full bottle left in his shed. :eek:
  • SnappSnapp Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Nothing to do with tonight's story, but with Chris Fountain leaving HO, and Emmy looking for a new bad boy, does anyone think..... ????

After Alex Carter...NO!
    I love Betty. :D

Me too, she's been hilarious lately.

:( We've lost so many legends over the last few years. It's time to bring a few back...like the lovely Dolly Skilbeck!
  • HellinglyHellingly Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    An episode saved, strangely, by Aaron. I'd love to see him duff Andy up :D Neither are morally upstanding, but there's something about the way Andy lays down the law that's really annoying :D He's such a hypocrite, and I loved Victoria's reference to how he'd treated Jo. The way he smashed those plates down proved the anger's still there, and the Sugden family truce struck by Jack's grave now seems very fragile.

The rest of the show I found pretty boring.

Line of the night, Betty: 'Pass me the moostard powder please, Pearl' :o:p

5 out of 10

Agree with you about Aaron, he can be a little s**t at times, but at least he doesn't pretend to be better than he is.