Can I refuse to be weighed by my GP/nurse?

12345679»

Comments

• Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bagpipes wrote: »
    stop being such an arse.

Likewise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slsls wrote: »
    Vermin, out of curiosity do you live in an area with high obesity rate or is considered deprived?
    Mint_Tea wrote: »
    I'm afraid that your logic does not follow. I live in an affluent area of London and I still see a number of overweight people. Money does not mean you are automatically thin.:rolleyes:

If you'd bothered to read the question I was actually replying to (quoted above to make things easy for you) you would have seen why I'd said what I did :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Ah, so a bit of an attention seeker. No worries, job done that's for sure.

So asking a question makes a person an attention seeker?
    Yes, i'm inclined to agree. Next they will be claiming a breach under Human Rights legislation.:D

Nope, just wanted an answer - not against the law AFAIK.
    Thought it yesterday after a few posts too .;)

Just shows how wrong you can be.
  • Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding it astonishing how so many people are giving Vermin a hard time because she does not wish to be weighed every time she goes to her GP surgery. :confused:

She is not obliged to undergo any form of diagnostic test or any form of treatment if she does not wish it.

She is an intelligent and articulate individual in full possession of all her faculties and she is capable of letting her GP or practice nurse know if her weight has fluctuated since her last visit.

All they have to do is ask her the bloody question! :rolleyes:
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vermin wrote: »
    So asking a question makes a person an attention seeker?

You said you'd rather be thought of as odd than boring - what do you think that says about you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You said you'd rather be thought of as odd than boring - what do you think that says about you?

It was a light-hearted comment, clearly wasted on you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moany Liza wrote: »
    I'm finding it astonishing how so many people are giving Vermin a hard time because she does not wish to be weighed every time she goes to her GP surgery. :confused:

She is not obliged to undergo any form of diagnostic test or any form of treatment if she does not wish it.

She is an intelligent and articulate individual in full possession of all her faculties and she is capable of letting her GP or practice nurse know if her weight has fluctuated since her last visit.

Thank you. Quite frankly I thought I'd maybe misposted in the "insult me" forum rather than "advice" forum.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a light-hearted comment, clearly wasted on you.

Oh, so you do have a sense of humour. Good stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moany Liza wrote: »

Very true, I thought we'd all got past the Doctor Knows Best mindset years ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, so you do have a sense of humour. Good stuff.

I do when something's funny.
  • Mint_TeaMint_Tea Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    If you'd bothered to read the question I was actually replying to (quoted above to make things easy for you) you would have seen why I'd said what I did :rolleyes:

I know full well what you were replying to, but your inference was still totally wrong.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true, I thought we'd all got past the Doctor Knows Best mindset years ago.

I think it depends on your generation.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,737
    Administrator
    This thread is no longer constructive and has been closed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know full well what you were replying to, but your inference was still totally wrong.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Clearly you didn't understand. I was asked did I live in a deprived area, to which I said no, or an area with a high obesity rate, to which I also said no.

Since neither we actually asked by, or directed at you, maybe we can stop with the rolling of the eyes?
This discussion has been closed.