Information TV is joining Freeview

bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,704
Forum Member
Confirmed on the Information TV website, not seen it posted here yet. No idea what hours it is running or channel number.

Comments

• R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is good news, for us at least, we like watching the Caravan Channel on there. Hopefully it will be a ordinary Freeview channel and not one that requires a Freeview HD box.

Edit: After looking on the website a bit further, it could be talking about 'Russia Today' which is a Information TV owned channel which is on Freeview currently.
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,704
    Forum Member
    It was also posted by tv_live on twitter
  • freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Information TV is already on Freeview as it operates Russia Today (RT) it is Information TVs' slot
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There could be some truth in this. Apparently, it was mentioned in the latest "Cornwall Channel" programme that Information TV would launch on Freeview within the next three months.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    There could be some truth in this. Apparently, it was mentioned in the latest "Cornwall Channel" programme that Information TV would launch on Freeview within the next three months.

Cornwall Channel have said that they are launching on Freeview within three months, and on satellite they are part of Information TV, so looks likely.

Perhaps somebody can email the Caravan Channel or some of the other small channels that are part of Information TV, and see if they say the same thing?
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell is information tv?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A broadcaster which sells airtime to smaller channels/organisations like the Cornwall Channel, Caravan Channel, UK Boating and many others. They also manage the UK side of Russia Today.
  • easter unnyeaster unny Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    It would be great if it were on air in the evenings .

Racing Post Greyhound TV is a must on Thurs-Sat.
    Forum Member
    They also show some videogaming shows and have the rights to some paranormal stuff.

The channel is launching on freeview, wonder if they are going to take some of Russia Today`s hours
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They also show some videogaming shows and have the rights to some paranormal stuff.

The channel is launching on freeview, wonder if they are going to take some of Russia Today`s hours

As much as info tv Intrests me, I don't want RT touching. To invaluable a channel IMHO.
    Forum Member
    That was just me speculating, not sure where the space would come from. Then again space frequently just appears from somewhere on Freeview
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was also posted by tv_live on twitter
    This just links to the website but I don't see any announcement?
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have Information TV for clarification. I will post the reply when/if I get one.
  • pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was tweeted by the cornwallchannel on the 24th.
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...wonder if they are going to take some of Russia Today`s hours

Taking 24 of them would be nice!
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,413
    Forum Member

I sincerely hope that Information TV take up the whole channel slot so that theRT espoo propaganda channel ends up with zero airtime because that channel is a complete disgrace. Anyway, here's what's on the Information TV schedule: http://information.tv/WhatIsOn/TheSchedule/
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member

I'd be very surprised if it did, RT is likely a cash cow for Information TV. There's spare non-Wales space on SDN which would be fairly cheap (remember that the small channels on Information TV will ultimately be paying for it!)
  • KodazKodaz Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theRT espoo propaganda channel

The only thing I can guess that "Espoo" means here is "spew"?

Matches for Espoo on the web say that it's a city in Finland... :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sincerely hope that Information TV take up the whole channel slot so that theRT espoo (?!) propaganda channel ends up with zero airtime because that channel is a complete disgrace.

If Russia Today is so terrible it will face a fine or even lose its licence one day like Press TV. To date that has not happened. It's biased, no doubt about that, but Fox News is probably a more extreme example; their reporting of US politics needs to be seen to be believed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Russia Today is so terrible it will face a fine or even lose its licence one day like Press TV. To date that has not happened. It's biased, no doubt about that, but Fox News is probably a more extreme example; their reporting of US politics needs to be seen to be believed.

It's not just that it is biased, it gives undue prominence to the views of conspiracy theorists. It can come across as quite ridiculous at times.
  • viewer btvviewer btv Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    jj20x wrote: »
    It's not just that it is biased, it gives undue prominence to the views of conspiracy theorists. It can come across as quite ridiculous at times.

I hope they do not touch RT channel slot but go after Al Jazzera one instead at least RT is a European channel that was is not complete waste of space .I studied Russia and Central and East Europe on my first degree and enjoy watching this channel sometimes despite it not being a real news channel like Sky News which is also not a real news channel as well.
  • freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should call them Information channels not News (Even if some tell you C**p Information!)
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jj20x wrote: »

Well then if serves a section of society who isn't represented anywhere else on freeview. That's important even if it's not you cup of tea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well then if serves a section of society who isn't represented anywhere else on freeview. That's important even if it's not you cup of tea.

As I have said before, the channel seemed to spent an awful lot of time in December discussing the US Government working with extra-terrestrials.

Fair enough if that's what The Kremlin feels we should be viewing instead of real news. But it is instead of real news.

It's not my cup of tea, neither is it important, it is simply ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    viewer btv wrote: »
    I hope they do not touch RT channel slot but go after Al Jazzera one instead.

The point is that Information TV distribute RT, so could take it off and replace it with their own channel. Al Jazeera have different arrangements for carriage. I seriously doubt that Information TV would be able to outbid Al Jazeera, considering the resources available to the latter.