✭✭
    I feel like the only person who isn't a fan of Ant & Dec

duplicate post :blush:
  • Daniel_GleeballDaniel_Gleeball Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    No idea, but this gay man cannot stand him at all! :D

He's just not funny. I find Graham Norton just as bad too.

I totally agree in regard to Allan Carr
    Not so much Grahame Norton
    I use to despise him on channel four. I thought he played up to the gay stereotype to much.
    Now I think he is someone who just happens to be gay. I think he is one of the best chat show hosts around, though last Fridays show was a snore fest.
    Oddly enough in Bandon, the place he comes from, when he was on channel four one of his old school friends said to him 'we love Grahame Walker we just can't stand Grahame Norton'.
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Alan Carr
    Not a fan at all. I just don't find him funny. I think that most people find him funny because he is gay and smutty. Secondly a straight man most likely would find themselves in hot water for being so graphic in their humour.

I thought Justin Lee Collins was the more likeable and talented one.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh sorry, I forgot that one other performance. Yes I agree, six appearances in 12 months is excessive!

Sorry, I had no idea my opinion would offend a fan such as yourself ;)

Look, I don't like them. As the thread suggests I find them inexplicably popular. Whenever I see them on TV I switch the channel over. I guarantee you I am not the only one.
  • Daniel_GleeballDaniel_Gleeball Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    I thought Justin Lee Collins was the more likeable and talented one.
    Very true but not a fan of the show at all. The only episode I liked was with Mariah Carey. After that watched show 3 or 4,times and vowed never again.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Batanya wrote: »

Paddy McGuinness: Talentless, shouty moron.

Deep down he must realise the only reason he gets any work is cos he's a friend of Peter Kay
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    No idea, but this gay man cannot stand him at all! :D

He's just not funny. I find Graham Norton just as bad too.

I don't mind either Carr or Norton. Having said that, I think it would be
    a subject for concern if the only gay men on TV were ones like them
    who fit the "camp" stereotype.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've mentioned Oily Murs a few times on various threads. He is one of those people who gets media publicity so much that half the population think they like him.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Oily Murs

Was that deliberate? :D
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've mentioned Oily Murs a few times on various threads. He is one of those people who gets media publicity so much that half the population think they like him.

He's an average who got lucky and milks publicity for all its worth.

Quite average looking, below average singer, about average personality... Murs has about all you need to be a 'star' these days. Be bland. Be mediocre. Be famous for well, being famous. Hey presto!! Success!!
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The former member of Take That, the fat imbecile Williams - makes my skin crawl!

Eddie Izzard - just why?! Same goes for the 'oh-so-clever, witty and articulate genius' Stephen Fry,

Lee Evans - dirty looking and deeply unfunny. McIntyre - not dirty looking but equally unfunny.

Harry Hill - has a massive team of writers and yet takes all the credit for, basically, making comments that we all make at home when watching tv.

Sarah Lancashire - ex-Corrie actress but married well (top BBC exec with influence) which didn't do her any harm when it came to landing good parts

And, as already mentioned numerous times - and deservedly so! - Joe Swash. The idiot can't string 2 words together.

Peter Andre, Katie Price, Kerry Katona, Chantelle Hayes, all off TOWIE - GO AWAY! We don't want to hear about you and your tawdry, pathetic little lives and the many unfortunate children (and God help them!) you pop out into the world without so much as a thought!
  • DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction
    Russell Brand
    James Corden
    ALL of TOWIE

There's plenty more but we'd be here all day!
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're spoiled for choice here but special mention has to go to :-

Mark Wright - has a constant moronic grin, is as shallow as a puddle, appears to have a book of 'reality tv cheesy quotes to use in a crisis', desperate to be famous, only famous for having a pretty girlfriend, looks like he gets dressed in the dark, has a selective memory (chooses to conveniently forget he was once in a relationship for 12 years and engaged before, whenever interviewed), and is deeply untalented.

Joe Swash - how, just HOW did this man ever get a tv presenting gig? For a start he looks like he hasn't had a bath in three years, he is completely unintelligible to the majority of the watching public, has the interviewing skills of a tub of lard, is inappropriate at times (FAR too touchy feely for my liking), and is a complete charm free zone.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Sorry, I had no idea my opinion would offend a fan such as yourself ;)

Look, I don't like them. As the thread suggests I find them inexplicably popular. Whenever I see them on TV I switch the channel over. I guarantee you I am not the only one.

I'm not a fan and I'm certainly not offended. I just don't understand how six or seven appearances on ITV a year means they are all over it.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Mark Wright - has a constant moronic grin, is as shallow as a puddle, appears to have a book of 'reality tv cheesy quotes to use in a crisis', desperate to be famous, only famous for having a pretty girlfriend, looks like he gets dressed in the dark, has a selective memory (chooses to conveniently forget he was once in a relationship for 12 years and engaged before, whenever interviewed), and is deeply untalented..

It seems that he's had a reinvention and his past behaviour has been airbrushed out to let us see the tv friendly cheeky chappy Essex boy. So glad he didn't win SCD, can you imagine how long, how inane and how much bollox he'd sprout in his winners speech? He is like an apprentice Andre with cheese, desperation and insincerity oozing out of every pore.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as prev mentioned:

Jo Swash
    Olly Murs
    David Walliams
    Amy Childs
    Katie Price
    Kelly Brook
    Helen Flanagan
    Tulisa
    Mark Wright
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    We're spoiled for choice here but special mention has to go to :-

Mark Wright - has a constant moronic grin, is as shallow as a puddle, appears to have a book of 'reality tv cheesy quotes to use in a crisis', desperate to be famous, only famous for having a pretty girlfriend, looks like he gets dressed in the dark, has a selective memory (chooses to conveniently forget he was once in a relationship for 12 years and engaged before, whenever interviewed), and is deeply untalented.

Joe Swash - how, just HOW did this man ever get a tv presenting gig? For a start he looks like he hasn't had a bath in three years, he is completely unintelligible to the majority of the watching public, has the interviewing skills of a tub of lard, is inappropriate at times (FAR too touchy feely for my liking), and is a complete charm free zone.

Both are prime examples of ITV 3/4/5 programme nobodies. Swash seems to be celebrated in that 'Nice but dim'category and Wright is famous for being famous with a pretty girlfriend in tow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both are prime examples of ITV 3/4/5 programme nobodies. Swash seems to be celebrated in that 'Nice but dim'category and Wright is famous for being famous with a pretty girlfriend in tow.

Yep. Anyone who is fodder for the new ITV Chav channel is likely to be on my list
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie Williams - just don't get it 😳
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    Robbie Williams - just don't get it 😳

Left Take That.
    Slagged off Gary Barlow.
    Career on a high.
    Career on a low.
    Crawled back to Take That after their successful reunion.
    Slithered off again after getting the publicity
    Buggered off to the US again,probably because the weather is nicer.

Yep,put him on my list too. :D
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    It seems that he's had a reinvention and his past behaviour has been airbrushed out to let us see the tv friendly cheeky chappy Essex boy. So glad he didn't win SCD, can you imagine how long, how inane and how much bollox he'd sprout in his winners speech? He is like an apprentice Andre with cheese, desperation and insincerity oozing out of every pore.
    Mark Wright's 60 Minute Makeover?

The horror!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »

The horror!!

It's not as far from reality unfortunately.

ITV will find some nonsense that they think the viewers will lap up and he'll be there like a grinning skull probably with his now plastic faced girlfriend in tow.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd just like to third Zoella. My neice showed me a video earlier of her making lollies. It was the blandest thing I've ever seen. I'm sure she's a nice person but it bothers me that young people are following such vapid stuff. I guess it could be worse.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ITV will find some nonsense that they think the viewers will lap up and he'll be there like a grinning skull probably with his now plastic faced girlfriend in tow.
    The only up side to that would be we wouldn't have to endure that Tangerine Twonk Andre on tv.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »

The horror!!

His idea of a 60 minute mkeover would be getting a really normal and attractive woman, trowling 8 inches of slap onto her face, spraying her the colour of creosote, cramming her into a piece of lycra 2 sizes too small and attaching a dead yak to her hair while he stands on the side, grinning inanely and shouting wicked 50, 000 times

Please God hope I haven't just given ITV Chav a new idea for a programme