Lou Just Keep Saying No To Boyle/Cowell

tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hope Lou Reed sticks to his guns and tells Boyle & Cowell to get tae ****.

She's the last person I'd want murdering his song.

Time others stood up to egomanic Cowell and his crap acts.

Comments

• Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the story on DS Reed didn't know about it, but if he did he'd have given permission. Well I hope he doesn't now he's been called pathetic and petty by Cowell.

Here's an idea, why not sing her own songs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »

She's the last person I'd want murdering his song.

Time others stood up to egomanic Cowell and his crap acts.

And murder it is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hraCksE1Hsw. he should sue
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the story on DS Reed didn't know about it, but if he did he'd have given permission. Well I hope he doesn't now he's been called pathetic and petty by Cowell.

This.

And why does Cowell assume he should have the rights to every song out there? No need to call him petty that's sad.
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member

Haha! :D So true..
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    But hardly any singers in Susan boyle's gene sing their own songs.

Katherine Jenkins brings out an album every year and it's always full of covers.
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is just a simple matter of Lou Reid standing up to to Cowal's arrogance. Mr High trousers assumed he could play the song without clearance, because he thinks he is the King of the Music industry, he got blocked on principle and has the nerve to call Lou Reid Petty.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »

to get tae?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Lou Reed, his Transformer album is TIMELESS! and Boyle is just a phase to be honest, not an artist. Reed is for life! :) and that song is a beautiful and gritty tune! :)
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susan Boyle sings Perfect Day? :eek:

What they got lined up next for her, Clapton's Cocaine? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Lou Reed has blocked Susan Boyle from singing Perfect day (it's not clear whether he has from previous posts) then he is being incredibly petty.

If she sings it well, good all round. If she sings it badly; so what!

Transformer was basically a Bowie album, helping out his influences as he did with Iggy Pop. Reed has never bettered that album since (Metal Machine Music, anyone?)

To suggest Boyle should write her own material is stupid; how many songs did Frank Sinatra write? So, shall we write him off as a great singer?

A ridiculous amount of people covered McCartney's 'Yesterday'; some good, some not so good.

To be so precious about 'Perfect Day' borders on stupidity. Basically a pop song off an average album.

Now if she wanted to cover 'Walk on the Wild Side' I might have a problem.:)
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    calais wrote: »
    If Lou Reed has blocked Susan Boyle from singing Perfect day (it's not clear whether he has from previous posts) then he is being incredibly petty.

If she sings it well, good all round. If she sings it badly; so what!

Transformer was basically a Bowie album, helping out his influences as he did with Iggy Pop. Reed has never bettered that album since (Metal Machine Music, anyone?)

To suggest Boyle should write her own material is stupid; how many songs did Frank Sinatra write? So, shall we write him off as a great singer?

A ridiculous amount of people covered McCartney's 'Yesterday'; some good, some not so good.

To be so precious about 'Perfect Day' borders on stupidity. Basically a pop song off an average album.

Now if she wanted to cover 'Walk on the Wild Side' I might have a problem.:)
    You're entitled to your opinion calais :). I think it just riles some people that, Mr. Cowell assumes he has a complete monopoly over the industry just because he has the X Factor and BGT. Lou's perfectly within his rights to refuse SB performing his song IMO.