Breatheasy Nasal Strips???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone tried the Breatheasy Nasal strips and know if they work? I’ve hit on a cold just as my hayfever is also coming to fruition and it’s not fun, desperate for a solution so I avoid the dreaded Sudafed 

Comments

• ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    They're not great, at lesat they didn't work too well for me. Best solution is to keep your sinuses as clear as possible, get a neti pot from your local pharmacist, and rinse with a solution of warm salty water as often as you feel necessary. It did the trick for me after I had sinus surgery and needed to keep everything clean and clear up there.
  • killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    They certainly help your breathing and help you get a better nights sleep ~ whether they reduce snoring is debateable
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear by them and sing their praises to everyone! As soon as I feel a cold coming, they go on as long as I am indoors and of course they really help with sleeping. I have chronic yet mild sinus and find they are also great when I have sinus headaches, just think they improve the breathing so much and rarely don't improve how I feel. Huge thumbs up from me!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried them last night and they had no effect at all, both sinus passages completely blocked, feel terrible, also tried the sinus rinse (I had surgery last year and still had the equipment), Olbas Oil, Blocked Nose tablets, the lot, nothing is working :-(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cold AND hayfever? No offence, but I think you're throwing those poor nasal strips in at the deep end! I have used them in the past as I suffer with nasal polyps and they helped slightly with snoring, but I just found them annoying because they made my nose itch something rotten.

If I were you, I'd go to the GP to get some medication. Perhaps if you use that in conjunction with the strips, you might notice an improvement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If I were you, I'd go to the GP to get some medication. Perhaps if you use that in conjunction with the strips, you might notice an improvement.

Great advice if only it didn't take 2 weeks to see a doctor :eek: I will persevere with my various methods, funnily enough right now I am OK, it seems to only develop as the day goes on until the evening where I then can't breath through my nose at all :cry:
    Forum Member
    spendleb wrote: »
    Great advice if only it didn't take 2 weeks to see a doctor :eek: I will persevere with my various methods, funnily enough right now I am OK, it seems to only develop as the day goes on until the evening where I then can't breath through my nose at all :cry:

Does your doctor not have urgent same-day appointments? Most operate this system now where you call them first thing to get an appointment for that day, and non-urgent appointments can be booked in advance as usual but are always busy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does your doctor not have urgent same-day appointments? Most operate this system now where you call them first thing to get an appointment for that day, and non-urgent appointments can be booked in advance as usual but are always busy.

Yeah I think they do although not sure if I could call congestion urgent?
    Forum Member

Not being able to breathe properly is always urgent, I'd say. It'll only take a couple of minutes, the doc will look up your snout then probably prescribe a steroid nasal spray, which will reduce any swelling that is causing the blockage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Make it sound urgent ;)
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just use a nasal spray which definitely does work??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just use a nasal spray which definitely does work??

Because it causes rebound congestion after 3 days, you will end up using it forever! I love how sudafed feels, I am instantly unblocked for hours but then it takes days afterwards to get back to normal, I have to throw it away to stop relying on it.
    Forum Member
    Have you tried decongestant tablets?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried decongestant tablets?

Yeah have no effect at all, I had an op last year that was meant to help but tbh it feels worse now! The last time it was like this I used the nasal rinse thing combined with Olbas Oil everywhere but it's that blocked now the water comes out of my eyes instead :eek: Not nice!
    Forum Member
    Yeah have no effect at all, I had an op last year that was meant to help but tbh it feels worse now! The last time it was like this I used the nasal rinse thing combined with Olbas Oil everywhere but it's that blocked now the water comes out of my eyes instead :eek: Not nice!

Then you definitely need to go back to your doctor. Surgery isn't guaranteed to solve the problem with sinuses, as I found out when I had something similar done - I had a septoplasty with turbinate reduction to try to improve my breathing but it didn't do the trick - in fact, I've got to go back and have a correction done as some of the skin in my nose has fused in an unpleasant way that needs separating.