What the hell has happened to Lenny Henry?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
Forum Member
Just watched a programme on Comic Relief 2013 and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Lenny Henry! He's almost unrecognisable now, he's lost alot of weight.

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watched a programme on Comic Relief 2013 and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Lenny Henry! He's almost unrecognisable now, he's lost alot of weight.

There's a joke to be made there about Dawn French and divorce........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Thought they split awhile back?
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His ex-wife Dawn French shocked the nation with her dramatic weight loss following their split.

And now Lenny Henry has followed suit as he showed off his new slim figure during a stroll near his central London home with his partner Lisa Makin.

The pair, who were pictured sharing an intimate kiss, appeared to have been to the gym as both wore sports clothes under their winter clothing.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2528101/Lenny-Henry-shows-trim-physique-following-dramatic-weight-loss.html#ixzz2p9uT1Kcz
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Oh god the Daily Mail...lol.
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks really good. i hope he keeps it off - unlike his ex-wife.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    It takes years off him, hope he keeps it off
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he looks fab.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he looks fab.

Agree. He's looking good on it. Always had a soft spot for Lenny.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry,

He's OKKKKAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!111
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    That's a transformation, he look good.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks amazing! Well done that man. :)
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Shame he hasn't been funny since 1989.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Shame he hasn't been funny since 1989.

I like him. *shrugs*
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks about 200, i thought it was porkpie from Desmonds at first :eek: :D
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I must admit that, as a comedian I have never found Len very funny, but as a person, I like him enormously.

And I think he looks fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't understand the comment about him looking like Porkpie from Desmonds at all. Lenny Henry is 55 and looks bloody good for it. Have we become so conditioned to seeing airbushed pics and cosmetic surgery mad people we've forgotten what a normal middle aged man can look like?
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    I can't understand the comment about him looking like Porkpie from Desmonds at all. Lenny Henry is 55 and looks bloody good for it. Have we become so conditioned to seeing airbushed pics and cosmetic surgery mad people we've forgotten what a normal middle aged man can look like?

Agree, the comment was simply ridiculous because he does look fantastic for 55. I know, comments about the "shocking" ageing of certain celebs are rife. Oh look, so-and-so doesn't look the same as he/she did 20/30 years ago, imagine that!! It's crazy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I know, comments about the "shocking" ageing of certain celebs are rife. Oh look, so-and-so doesn't look the same as he/she did 20/30 years ago, imagine that!! It's crazy.

I think people who are surprised at celebs who look their age must have something a bit wrong with them. It's hard of thinking in the extreme to feel not only surprise someone no longer looks 20 when they are 40, but to use up time and energy expressing their distaste for it.

Of course, airbrushing and celebs who are surgery mad have a bit to answer for.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    I think people who are surprised at celebs who look their age must have something a bit wrong with them. It's hard of thinking in the extreme to feel not only surprise someone no longer looks 20 when they are 40, but to use up time and energy expressing their distaste for it.

Of course, airbrushing and celebs who are surgery mad have a bit to answer for.

Quite. You're either young or the crypt keeper, but middle age? Oh no, that's unacceptable! All celebs (well, perhaps everyone, who knows) must nip, tuck, inject, extract, lest they show actual signs of getting any older. Stupid.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I must admit that, as a comedian I have never found Len very funny, but as a person, I like him enormously.

Same. He's looking good. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Quite. You're either young or the crypt keeper, but middle age? Oh no, that's unacceptable! All celebs (well, perhaps everyone, who knows) must nip, tuck, inject, extract, lest they show actual signs of getting any older. Stupid.

Ditto, although that's the first time I've seen that applied to a man. I'm so sick of the below being the case:

Interview with male celebrity: "So, your new movie, loads of explosions, did you do your own stunts/how did you get inspiration for your hilarious jokes/what drove you to write all those hit songs?"

Interview with female celebrity: "So, have you had plastic surgery, or have you considered any? What would you have done?"

It makes for really boring (and sexist) reading and I am SICK of it. >:(