Friend wants to move to EN3 (Enfield, North London) - Needs advice

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wbc-Worker wrote: »
    Ponders End and Brimsdown would not be my first choice.

very few people who live in that area would use the Piccadilly line anyway.

in May 2015 25 train stations will become part of the london Overground Network { going to Enfield Town and Cheshunt }

see below for a map of the changes due next year. { marked in orange }

http://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/tube_map_2021.jpg

I live in Enfield { EN1 } and they are currently working on many of the stations on that list and I bet that prices will go up when the full takeover takes place next year.

I live next to Bush Hill Park station and if I am going into town it only takes 10 minuets on the train to reach Seven Sisters and then change to the Victoria line so its not as bad as it first appears.

TfL are claiming that when they change to London Overground they intend to run more trains.

I'm staying in Enfield right now, quite close to you (heading back up to Bedfordshire later, but stay here often). I've lived in different areas of Endield and have always found public transport to be amazing. I've always used the Picadilly Line, but it's true that the overground trains are easy too.
  • Options
    Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blamhappy2 wrote: »
    I'm staying in Enfield right now, quite close to you (heading back up to Bedfordshire later, but stay here often). I've lived in different areas of Endield and have always found public transport to be amazing. I've always used the Picadilly Line, but it's true that the overground trains are easy too.

the trains ' off peak ' from Bush Hill Park are two per hour but they slot in extra trains during peak times and the 192 stops 40 feet from my front door and they run from 4.30am to 0.43am heading to Tottenham Hale and 5.31am to 1.30am heading to Enfield Town and that is a very good service { in fact even if I am on the last Victoria line tube I know there is always a 192 waiting going towards Enfield Town }

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/192.htm

if I am in town dead late there is always the N29 from Trafalgar Square that runs every few minuets all though the night

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/N029.htm

so I have no complaints at all about transport.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    lala wrote: »
    Thank you. But how much further out is that? My friend's partner travels into the city for work and doesn't want a commute that is more than 1 hour. Is that possible from there?

Maybe go a little further out and Welwyn Garden City? Trains are about 30 minutes to London Kings Cross. Must admit I only really know it through the shopping centre, but 3 bed houses should be easily within their price range.

Personally the EN3 bit of Enfield is not somewhere I'd choose to live, the transport links are not that good compared to surrounding areas, and it's a bit grotty generally. Parts of Edmonton, where it borders Palmers Green (N13) are actually okay.