Colin and Justin - They get on my nerves!!!

UpsonPainter NNUpsonPainter NN Posts: 1,948
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Am I the only who can't stand this camp duo?

They are so bitchy, obnoxious and annoying it's enough to drive me into a rage!

They give gays a bad name, as we aren't all camp pillocks like those two who are effminete and bitchy.

I wish they'd disappear into obscurity.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont disklike them but i do think they can be irrating.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I like them. They seem to be a nice pair of blokes. I wouldn't say they're particularly camp either. Well, maybe Colin is a bit but not Justin. Or maybe I just have a high camp tolerance level.
  • macsgirlmacsgirl Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Colin and Justin!
    Bitchy - maybe.
    Obnoxious - sometimes.
    But in the end they give all their clients a good feeling when they've finished, and let's face it, HNTD is a pretty high budget show - certainly not a 'tat made with MDF' like Changing Rooms used to be.
    I'd love to go out with them for a booze up and a good old bitch!! :D
  • lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind these two at all. The fair haired one looks like he can be a bit of a stroppy madam at times, but they seem like quite a good laugh most of the time.

I tend to steer clear of their programmes now though. Mr L2D has a serious adversion to the two of them, along with Keira 'Unsightly' Knightly. :eek:
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit I don't mind them either.
    The fair one reminds me of the character Alan Cummings played in 'The Highlife' many years ago (I have been know to go 'oh dearie me' at the tele when there has been a bit of a decorating faux pas :o ) and they look like they'd be good fun for a drink with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only who can't stand this camp duo?

They are so bitchy, obnoxious and annoying it's enough to drive me into a rage!

They give gays a bad name, as we aren't all camp pillocks like those two who are effminete and bitchy.

I wish they'd disappear into obscurity.

I agree that they give gays a bad name, they are acting out the stereotypical view of how we are supposed to see gays.
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO, Colin and Justin give a positive view of homosexuality; they have been together for over 20 years and are considering adopting a baby.

Many people believe that gay men and women aren't capable of establishing long term relationships, rather more in favour of one night stands. These two have disproven that idea.

Ithink the fact that they come across a little bit camp when they get annoyed with contestants on their shows, or workmen, is due to frustration at the lack of good taste some people have.

I wouldn't put them in the same degree of 'campness' as, for example, Julian Clary who, like Colin, is an extremely handsome man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they give gays a bad name. So what if they are a bit camp? Are we supposed to ban all camp people from doing anything high profile incase too many people assume that all gays are the same? I don't think they are acting out typical stereotypes; they are just being themselves. I like them.
  • lulululu Posts: 4,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OOOH "it just needs a wee shot of colour" Justin & Colin....they crack me up
  • pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    Lowri Turner must love 'em as it's her belief that gay men can only talk about curtain material and cushion covers.
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the dark haired one (is that Colin?) but can't stand the other one who seemed particularly unpleasant in that series where they worked up the property ladder to a 1 million pound house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I think they are sooooo funny. I do get the impression that what you see on TV is 'camped' up a bit. I've seen them in Glasgow and they are two well dressed and really nice guys.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind them actually - they made me laugh on 'The Farm' and don't seem to take themselves too seriously.
  • Paul CalfPaul Calf Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I don't mind them actually - they made me laugh on 'The Farm' and don't seem to take themselves too seriously.

I quite like them! I loved the camp run down they did recently on the worst crimes against taste committed by the public on their homes. I was glad to see that stone fireplaces, much love by Ma and Pa Calf came in the top 10! :cool:
  • UpsonPainter NNUpsonPainter NN Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am happy they have been together for 20 years, but I just can't stand them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member

Surely the issue is not that they give gays a bad name, but that they give 'interior design' a horrific one :eek: :D ?
  • Paul CalfPaul Calf Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I am happy they have been together for 20 years, but I just can't stand them.

It's good to see to see a happy gay couple with longevity...good on them. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those two are really irriating. If you watched that million pound property experiment you will notice that the two of them were pretty useless at that only really good at window dressing but not really understanding the concept of target market. The houses that did well were where they had minimal input. It was very telling when they got to the final house and they were asking everyone what to do.
    Colin is the most arrogant and agravating of the two. Justin seems like a very nice man.
  • lulululu Posts: 4,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Room101 wrote:
    Surely the issue is not that they give gays a bad name, but that they give 'interior design' a horrific one :eek: :D ?

Oh how I agree with that :D
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mad1 wrote:
    Those two are really irriating. If you watched that million pound property experiment you will notice that the two of them were pretty useless at that only really good at window dressing but not really understanding the concept of target market. The houses that did well were where they had minimal input. It was very telling when they got to the final house and they were asking everyone what to do.
    Colin is the most arrogant and agravating of the two. Justin seems like a very nice man.

Agree - can remember someone at the time calling them "overpaid flower arrangers" :D -which I thought was very apt.

Actually - does anyone know what their credentials/qualifications are with regard to interior design?

I do think it's lovely that they have been in a relationship for twenty years - can only be a good thing.

But do find their pompous attitudes and know it all personalities very grating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They get right on my nerves on TV, on top of that I used to work in a major department store in Glasgow and they used to expect MAJOR preferential treatment whenever they came in (whereas other celebs such as Carol Smillie were happy being treated as normal people when it came to the service they got).
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.k. - just googled on their *ahem* qualifications for design -

Although they are called 'designers' it would appear that neither of them has trained in design........

One studied psychology and the other studied Business Studies at Glasgow University.

They were featured in a magazine after doing up their first flat in Glasgow a TV producer was interested in them and featured them on Scottish TV when they bought their second home.

From there, they went on to write some articles for magazines - and the rest, I guess, is history.

Fair enough the art of design is probably a good percentage based on natural talent - but I would prefer someone who had actually studied the subject and had some knowledge about the history/influences/reasons etc giving advice on television. Think Anna Ryder Richardson is another one on t.v. telling us all we should have lurex curtains and tiger print fabric, when her background is in modelling. Must make all those who actually have interior design qualifications want to spit in their roll top baths...

So - we have a Scottish TV producer to blame for inflicting this pair on us. No doubt he thought that a gay couple talking about cushions would be entertaining in a very stereotypical way...and we're still suffering.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,673
    Forum Member
    I think they have become more camp and bitchy since they first started. They may have been told to bitch and camp it up for the cameras.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit, I love them. I think theyre just hilarious. Havent seen last nights How Not To Decorate but am looking forward to the new series.
  • Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They get on my nerves!!! .

They probably get on each others off camera.