Options

Lipsy dress

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,693
Forum Member
getting the following dress for my birthday next month:

http://www.lipsy.co.uk/Store/jewelled-colourblock-dress-candy-pink---orange/Collection/Dresses/product-is-DR01954_048

but many people have told me that their dresses are small fitting and that i would have to get a size bigger.

i myself have never bought a lipsy dress before so i was just wondering has anyone else on here?and if so would you say that i would need a size bigger? :)

Comments

• Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Can you afford to buy two and return the one that doesn't fit?
    Also lots of the sizes are already out of stock.
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Do you have a store near you sucha as Bank or House of Fraser that stocks Lipsy dresses, even if it isn't the exact same dress perhaps you could try one on just for size then order it, or if the have the dress buy it in store.

Or you could just get the measuring tape out! :D
    http://www.lipsy.co.uk/help/size-guide
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This probably won't help at all, but i bought 2 Lipsy dresses, one fits perfectly and the other i had to return as even though it was one size bigger, i couldn't do the zip up! :eek: I think it just depends on the dress cut really.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    That is a nice dress. For anything special?

I hope they are smaller made, i bought a lipsy dress off ebay and id prefer it to have been a smaller size just to be on the safe side. Im waiting on it arriving. Fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you look at the stock availability on that link - they only have 12, 14, 16 in stock. Dunno what size you are?

If those aren't your sizes you could contact their customer service & ask where they have yours in stock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im an 8 or a 10 but they don't have the sizes now but they seem to get them back in stock pretty quickly so going to buy it as soon as they do so i wanted to ask now so that i could order straight way.

thanks to everyone who replied....we don't have a lipsy shop in Belfast that is the problem
    we have a few lipsy dresses in topshop so might just need to go in there and try on but then again someone else mentioned that the sizing in different dresses was not the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh thats gorgeous, not dissimilar to a certain Matthew Williamson number
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    That's a lovely dress! :D I'm not sure if you'd need to go a size up in that style - but in my experience with Lipsy their dresses have always been small fitting and I've had to go up one.

However, I should point out that I'm quite top heavy! You say above that you're an 8-10? Maybe go into Topshop and find a dress that is the same sort of style [i.e.strapless] and see how you feel in that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a lovely dress! :D I'm not sure if you'd need to go a size up in that style - but in my experience with Lipsy their dresses have always been small fitting and I've had to go up one.

However, I should point out that I'm quite top heavy! You say above that you're an 8-10? Maybe go into Topshop and find a dress that is the same sort of style [i.e.strapless] and see how you feel in that?

yea think im going to have to do that
    as i was looking on the internet last night and some people where making the comment that they were big fitted and then others then saying the opposite and that they were small fitted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    I have a couple of Lipsy dresses.. Im a size 10.. Both are a little tight just under the bust but is ok.. However a size 12 didn't fit.
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    I have found it depends on the dress style i have a lipsy dress that was stretchy and its a size smaller than what i normally wear but then i have a more fitted dress that is a size bigger i also have a skirt from there that is my exact size.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    back on this case, they still haven't got the dress in stock and as i only have less than 2weeks til my birthday

anyone know anywhere online that sells lipsy apart from their own site as i know others do sell it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do asos or next sell them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bank sell Lipsy in their shops, you could try their website
  • Options
    Forum Member
    do asos or next sell them?

tried asos and next and both don't have it :(
    Bank sell Lipsy in their shops, you could try their website

thanks never even knew of that shop....they have it but not in my size :( this always happens me i like something and they never have it in my size
  • Options
    Forum Member
    daisybee wrote: »
    tried asos and next and both don't have it :(

thanks never even knew of that shop....they have it but not in my size :( this always happens me i like something and they never have it in my size

aw thats a shame but you can keep the shop in mind if you see something else in the future. Fingers crossed you find it somewhere
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spoiled brat have a similar one on their site
  • Options
    fairycakesfairycakes Posts: 4,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don`t know about the sizes but when I`m a 10 and my lipsy dress is a 10 but its a little big for me. I saw a similar one in House of Fraser last week but that was in Ireland so its probably not the same stock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spoiled brat have a similar one on their site
    ooo what one? had a look and can't see it
    fairycakes wrote: »
    I don`t know about the sizes but when I`m a 10 and my lipsy dress is a 10 but its a little big for me. I saw a similar one in House of Fraser last week but that was in Ireland so its probably not the same stock.

i live in Ireland myself. i know i have been reading comments from others and some people say that their normal size is both bigger and smaller when it comes to Lipsy so it seems different for everyone. but thanks anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    might not be what you're after, but here you are

http://www.spoiledbrat.co.uk/lipsy-61_womenswear-1.html?sort_order=5
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did you get the dress???